Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Memory of Shadows

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
Jon wrote: [i]The Hollywood North Website has a [url=http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/article.php?Article=754]character description list[/url] up![/i]

It provides a brief story outline and lists four characters: Diane Baker, Galen, Colonel Joss Morgan and Tyrell.

Comments

• this does not have "feature film" written on it :(
  • hmmm

Yea, it does sound like it would be better in mini-series format.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I don't really care what format it will have, as far as I'm concerned the entire show is feature film quality.

I'd rather TMOS would become the pilot of a new series, than a feature film.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: The Memory of Shadows

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Jon wrote: [i]The Hollywood North Website has a [url=http://www.hollywoodnorthreport.com/article.php?Article=754]character description list[/url] up![/i]

It provides a brief story outline and lists four characters: Diane Baker, Galen, Colonel Joss Morgan and Tyrell. [/B][/QUOTE]

If this prime cast list is correct, then its starting to look like all the panic from before really was a bit of misinfomation.

I mean until we have an official website and/or cast list we won't know for sure. But it sure looks to me like the cast members who were supposedly being recast, had no major role in this film anyway, if they are re-cast at all it may just be that they had such small rolls, that the actors didnt' feel it was worth doing it.

I'm eagerly awaiting official word...
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    wow, something I posted became news!! sweet!

it is sounding more and more like a mini-series though.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]wow, something I posted became news!! sweet!

it is sounding more and more like a mini-series though. [/B][/QUOTE]

if they are going to do a movie, i'd like to see orig cast/orig chars,

but thats just my opinion
  • Hi ya. I am new here so please dont shoot me down in flames.

I have been following the rumours over at jmsnews & b5tv and also at babylon5.com and thought i would just throw in my opinion for what it is worth.

I dont see why the original cast should be involved anyway.

Dont get me wrong it would make me very happy to see them all up on the big screen, but this story is obviously not about them but about other peoples experiences within the B5 universe.

Dont forget that Billions of people inhabit this incredible universe that the Great maker created and it would be silly to think that the only people who have adventures within it are the cast of the tv show.

Like I said, dont shoot me down. I love B5. But B5's story is told ( and in our dvd collections ). There are new stories to be told and I would rather have a B5 movie with new characters than no B5 movie at all.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I must say that I'm still a bit bummed that it's not the [i]much promised[/i] Telepath War...
  • Yes, the Telepath War would be a much better backdrop for a major motion picture. And for all the people saying "any B5 is better then none" I would much rather see great B5 rather then anything just to get a fix. Nowadays a pilot isnt enough to start up a Scifi series. We need B5 mini-series to get people interested and willing to watch for more then one night. Great example is the new Battlestar or even the Farscape mini-series they had to tie up loose ends. One of the greatest things about B5 was the early foreshadowing and the payoffs later on. I'm looking forward to seeing how JMS uses that technique in TMOS.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Telepath war might be harder to sell to a production company bc of its more involved storyline.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that. It doesn't mean it would take such a long time to get the salient facts across, just because we learned about the telepath problem over five years (more, counting the books).

Garibaldi's problem with Bester? Have him agonize about it with his wife at the beginning of the movie.

The Psi-Corps evil plans to take over the world? Bester can talk about it with some Psi-Corps cronies (heck, make it John Matheson, just for the hell of it).

The Interstellar Alliance? Show the diplomats squabbling in the Chambers on Babylon 5.

Most of it can be covered in introductory scenes like those three, or be mentioned in passing during other parts. Its not like the whole thing has to be gone into. If people want more detail, they can pick up the book (please, please be a Peter David novelization) or watch the show.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I agree with DoM. The Telepath War wouldn't require indepth knowledge of the entire 5 year story of Babylon 5 to understand what's going on. It takes all of a few minutes to explain the concepts of people with telepathic abilities, the psi corps and the fact that there's a war going on between some haves and have-nots. This sort of thing is done all the time in movies that have decent stories.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Good points... but I think the idea is it would be hard to "sell" to the company. Wasnt saying it cant be done, but to a company making a movie they just see B5 as a liscence that can be milked for a "tried and true" storyline...
  • RigsRigs Earthforce Officer
    The movie doesn't even start filming until April. Everything up to that point is hearsay, right? There's been no official word. There is no site up yet, either. I think we need to relax. It's easy to get caught up in the hoopla over this and that, but until you see something official it doesn't mean anything. I don't think JMS would let us down. He's been counting on this movie for years (hell, a decade even), he's not going to screw it up. I have lots of faith in him...Just tell yourself, if anything, it won't be another Wing Commander... ;)

=-Rigs-=
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    While it has not been confirmed, the casting list is pretty much confirmation of the rumors that we've been hearing
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]While it has not been confirmed, the casting list is pretty much confirmation of the rumors that we've been hearing [/B][/QUOTE]

How is it confirmation? all it confirms is that the main B5 cast isn't in the movie.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    One thing that certainly hasn't been mentioned thus far is the person responsible for scoring the music... PLEASE PLEASE BE IT CHRISTOPHER FRANKE!!!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]One thing that certainly hasn't been mentioned thus far is the person responsible for scoring the music... PLEASE PLEASE BE IT CHRISTOPHER FRANKE!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes PLEASE! that would be great.