Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Johnny Carson has Died

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
A very sad day indeed :(

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/23/carson.obit/index.html[/url]

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Re: Johnny Carson has Died

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]A very sad day indeed :(

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/23/carson.obit/index.html[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah i was sorry to hear that earlier in the day.
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    Whos that?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    If you had read the article, you would know.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Everybody knows who Johnny Carson is, Simmonds...

:(
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    even people not from america?

Cuz i couldnt tell you any late night personality from Any country in Europe.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    But Carson was not just a popular American host. He *was* TV.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]even people not from america?

Cuz i couldnt tell you any late night personality from Any country in Europe. [/B][/QUOTE]

I certainly knew who he was.

RIP Johnny, you will be missed.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]Cuz i couldnt tell you any late night personality from Any country in Europe. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Me either. The only show I watch is Late Night with Conan O'Brien. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Didnt know who he was either. I think you overestimate the impact of american TV on the rest of the world. ;)

Anyway, hope he had a good life, and RIP.
  • Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    I herd the name some where, now I know who he is.

Oh well sucks that he died.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Didnt know who he was either. I think you overestimate the impact of american TV on the rest of the world. ;)

Anyway, hope he had a good life, and RIP. [/B][/QUOTE] If I hadn't lived the last eight years of my life in the USA is also likely I'd have no idea who he was.
    But having lived here, even if I never got to watch him in The Tonight Show, I'm well aware of his influence... heck I even feel sad myself.:(
    May he rest in peaceful mirth.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Didnt know who he was either. I think you overestimate the impact of american TV on the rest of the world. ;)

Anyway, hope he had a good life, and RIP. [/B][/QUOTE]

or perhaps the impact of older TV stars on younger people.

I mean no offense, but i know for a fact that some of the people who post here were still in diapers when Carson left the air (ok not in diapers, but still in grade school)

But for you younger europeans who dont know who he is, Just out of curiosity, ask your parents, i'd be interested to know if they knew who he was.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Neither of my parents knew who he was either. Guess he wasnt that big in Sweden.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Neither of my parents knew who he was either. Guess he wasnt that big in Sweden. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm rather suprised, just out of curiosity, i asked a lot of my european friends on IRC (about 30 of them) and only 2 had not heard of him, and they were both teenagers.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]I'm rather suprised, just out of curiosity, i asked a lot of my european friends on IRC (about 30 of them) and only 2 had not heard of him, and they were both teenagers. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Teenagers have more time to spend watching Conan and Jay Leno, who occasionally remember to mention their beloved predecessor and mentor. And of course, the power of the internet should never be underestimated.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Teenagers have more time to spend watching Conan and Jay Leno, who occasionally remember to mention their beloved predecessor and mentor. And of course, the power of the internet should never be underestimated. [/B][/QUOTE]

I suppose,. Oh well, its a loss wether y'all have heard of him or not. lol