Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What I've Been Up To

Hiya guys, it's been a while, and I regret not coming back sooner, but hey, I thought I'd drop in and say hello. :)

Anyway, for those who don't remember me, or more probably, do and don't care; here's what I've been up to in my absence from Firstones.

After being offered a place at Bristol University, I've been studying history, and it's an absolutely fantastic course. The great thing is, that I'm filling in massive gaps in my knowledge by studying the Middle Ages, the so-called "Age of Revolutions" (1789-1848), and my special topic, the English Civil War. My Professor, Ronald Hutton is a card-carrying Royalist, and actually wears a bloody cavalier-style ruff-collar to seminars. :D

Anyway, I also finallly realized my lifelong dream of owning a Martini Henry Mk.II, which a couple of you guys here may be interested in. Here's a pic of the rifle along with my SMLE Mk.III*;

[img]http://www.wraithsquad.co.uk/ftp_wraith/Morden/Guns01.JPG[/img]

I've also become Moderator of General Discussion on UKAN, the Uk Airsoft Network forums, and things have pretty much gone to pot there as a result.

My posting of [URL=http://www.wraithsquad.co.uk/ftp_wraith/Morden/Axe.ASF]THIS[/URL] LOTR-inspired skit featuring myself and my mate Dave has given birth to the [URL=http://forums.ukairsoft.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71493]"And My Axe Competition".[/URL] Oh the horror.

So, have I missed anything? Exile's post count still rocketing skywards? :)

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• Reaver4kReaver4k Trainee in training
    I been wondering where you have been
  • Had a lot of stuff on my plate, bud. It's been hell of a ride. (Uni's fantastic, though, I wouldn't have not gone there for the world.) :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • Obviously, I checked the Pope thread before this one.

And I'm 5th biggest poster on the forums. ;)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I'm not all that far behind you Exile :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Keep trying, exile! :D
  • I've got a slightly lower PPD than Sanfam, and about one-third Biggles', but I suspect that this is primarily due to the period between the time that I registered (7/2002) and the time that I actually began posting (post-Argone's death), and times past when you both were much more frequent posters. Jack and A# will be no trouble at all. ;)
    My PPD is also lower then it shows. I didn't post for over a year after I joined.
  • It must've been more than a year if your Purple spamming couldn't raise it above 2.5. ;)
    Purple spamming was entirely done in the Warleader forum. Posts to the warleader forum do not count toward postcount.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Morden! long time no see! glad to know your doing well.

And the new hardware there looks awsome!
    Hey! Stop trying to keep us from taking this thread off on a tangent, Tyvar! You defeat the entire goal of Firstones when you do that! :D

Repeat after me the motto of Firstones:

'No thread must be left on topic. All threads must be subverted. All forums must remain insane. Aardvarks are already hear. The Llort are invading. Divert a thread on a tangent."
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]Purple spamming was entirely done in the Warleader forum. Posts to the warleader forum do not count toward postcount. [/B][/QUOTE]That explains why Biggles moved the Beachball thread. :D
    Actually, it was Sanfam who moved it :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    No, it was me, at Sanfam's request. It was also Sanfam's idea to stop post counts in the Warleader forum from counting, but me who did it. :)
    Well, Sanfam is the eternally lazy admin, so that figures.

Speaking of which he actually unlazied himself enough to add some content for a couple of hours to the wiki!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    lol...yea, my PPD is slipping due to real life...

which, BTW, has been insane lately. Pst two months have been absolutly non-stop. I'm looking forward to having finals out of the way, then I can get a nice two week break (I plan on sleeping)

I've been finding myself highly iritable and cranky lately. Alot of things that I wouldn't even notice before are having me snapping. For me, thats a sure sign of not enough sleep + alot of stress...

oh well...2 more weeks. :D
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I've been finding myself highly iritable and cranky lately. Alot of things that I wouldn't even notice before are having me snapping. For me, thats a sure sign of not enough sleep + alot of stress...[/B][/QUOTE]

We've noticed :D :p
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Its good to see you back here Morden.

Worf
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    WB Morden279!

I actually wondered where you were once...but then I forgot about you. ;)
  • Cheers guys! :)

I was actually quite delighted when I saw that this thread had generated 16 other replies overnight, but I wasn't suprised when I saw why. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Hey! Long time no see buddy! I was wondering where u'd got to! Uni's great isnt it:D
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]Hey! Long time no see buddy! I was wondering where u'd got to! Uni's great isnt it:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn straight, the amount of gorgeous women there is mind-boggling! However, as of yet, none have succumbed to my masculine wiles...

That reminds me, doing the English Civil War has made me a bit on an expert on Scotland's involvement in the conflict. It's fascinating stuff, especially the campaign of the Marquis of Montrose, who frankly, makes William Wallace look tame. It's amazing how the Scots were the arbiter of English affairs for so long.

If you're interested, I'll host and put up

Tell you what mate, [URL=http://www.wraithsquad.co.uk/ftp_wraith/Morden/SCW.doc]HERE[/URL] is a copy of the seminar presentation I did on the Scottish Civil War, if you're interested. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hehe, been a while. Good to see youve been up to no good. :)

And nice rifle :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Oh, and Ill have to get some pictures of the axes Ive made. I love being a blacksmith :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]Damn straight, the amount of gorgeous women there is mind-boggling! However, as of yet, none have succumbed to my masculine wiles...

That reminds me, doing the English Civil War has made me a bit on an expert on Scotland's involvement in the conflict. It's fascinating stuff, especially the campaign of the Marquis of Montrose, who frankly, makes William Wallace look tame. It's amazing how the Scots were the arbiter of English affairs for so long.

If you're interested, I'll host and put up

Tell you what mate, [URL=http://www.wraithsquad.co.uk/ftp_wraith/Morden/SCW.doc]HERE[/URL] is a copy of the seminar presentation I did on the Scottish Civil War, if you're interested. :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

wow. just read that. i didnt know any of that! that was really interesting! I wish most of the Scots knew more about their involvement in English history, it might shut them up a bit when they complain about the English.

as for the women, what is it about higher education that attracts so many good looking birds?! (and snowsports especially!) there are sooo many good looking women in edinburgh its unreal! pity most of them are Yah's, but still.....good eyecandy;) :D

and martini's are nice rifles, but i still prefer bolt action;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Oh, and Ill have to get some pictures of the axes Ive made. I love being a blacksmith :D [/B][/QUOTE]

AND [b]YOUR[/b] AXE!!! :D

[i]ShadowDancer[/i]

That's the thing mate; in recent times, the Scottish people seem to have been captivated by what my professor calls "The Braveheart Myth", surrounding William Wallace. As a result, a lot of other infinately more signifcant Scotttish history and historical figures have been pushed to one side in favour of a figure who was pretty much a one-hit-wonder. (The fact that Wallace fought against the English seems to have made him quite accessable...) :rolleyes:

As for the fairer sex in higher education, it's a strange but captivating phenomenon. Much eye candy all round. :cool:

Yeah, not much stirs me more than recalling the "15 rounds per minute" the BEF achieved at Mons in 1914 with their Mk.III SMLEs. The advancing Germans were hit with a fusilade of rifle fire so continuous and devastating, that they thought we were equipped with extra machine guns.

Regards,
    Morden
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]AND [b]YOUR[/b] AXE!!! :D

[i]ShadowDancer[/i]

That's the thing mate; in recent times, the Scottish people seem to have been captivated by what my professor calls "The Braveheart Myth", surrounding William Wallace. As a result, a lot of other infinately more signifcant Scotttish history and historical figures have been pushed to one side in favour of a figure who was pretty much a one-hit-wonder. (The fact that Wallace fought against the English seems to have made him quite accessable...) :rolleyes:

As for the fairer sex in higher education, it's a strange but captivating phenomenon. Much eye candy all round. :cool:

Yeah, not much stirs me more than recalling the "15 rounds per minute" the BEF achieved at Mons in 1914 with their Mk.III SMLEs. The advancing Germans were hit with a fusilade of rifle fire so continuous and devastating, that they thought we were equipped with extra machine guns.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

its the fact that hollywood got it out to the masses as well. i found it very ironic that it was an australian playing wallace as well.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]its the fact that hollywood got it out to the masses as well. i found it very ironic that it was an australian playing wallace as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

There's an absolutely hilarious sketch by mid-late 90s comedy duo Lee and Herring taking the piss out of Braveheart, where Richard Herring Plays Wallace, and Stuart Lee plays the English noble leading the execution in London.

I'll try to edit the video and post it here sometime. Needless to say, Lee tells Wallace/Herring to bugger off home to Australia, and instead of causing trouble here, to sort out Aboriginal land rights. ;)

Regards,
    Morden