Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Non-Mod General Stuff

OK, this thread is for non-mod releated general stuff :) so have fun.

Comments

• LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    Ok in case anyone forgot, i'm going out of town tommorrow and will be back sunday evening (my time). I think i'll have internet in my hotel, but i'm not sure. so if i'm absent, no the vorlons didn't take me and make me a telepathic wacko, i'm just out of town ;).
    Hey guys, still out of town. They do have internet connections here, but much to my surprise, we've actually been staying pretty busy. Anyways, we should be getting home tomorrow evening (my time GMT-6). So gotta go!
    ok i'm home... sheesh... anyways, i'm going to bed... hopefully i'll be on chat in the morning... if not, POST SOMETHING! :) let me know what's been goin on.
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    Nothing much, been pretty quiet (we've been waiting for you to get back). I'm probably going to modify the outgoing jump point a bit today so that different races have different jump vectors (meaning that the ships belonging to the same race jump out to the same direction). Pretty easy, I already have it figured out in my mind. Let's see... then there's the problem with ships not equipped with jump engines. They should accompany a ship that is equipped with one when jumping out. Not quite sure how to script it though, I'll have to dig deeper to get to know the structure of commands. It's not going to be a piece of cake I believe.

Now if we could just get most ships of the priority list ingame and set them up with weapons and devices we'd be quite ready to start scripting the first missions. Or at least the AI.

EDIT: Jump points improved to accept jump vectors which can be set by mission scripters. If no vectors are given, they default back to the ship's current direction. But a new problem has arisen... since the ships now turn and while turning they move, they sometimes approach the JP entry point from a slightly smaller angle causing them to "puncture" the vortex from the side when accelerating. I'll have to fix that by limiting their movement when turning or by some other way.

EDIT 2: Fixed by setting the ship's course using two waypoints.
    OK guys! i'm off on vacation! see ya! i'll try to check in once or twice while i'm gone, but i may not get the chance, so... ya. anyways, back on the 26th. have a good week.
    Jusas, got your PM about priorities. I'm here in Florida, so i won't be back for a week. But once i'm back i'll get the GOD and LightGOD to you as soon as i get back, well not AS soon, but as soon as i can.
    I'm hoooome! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
    check your PM's JUSAS!
    yes, NOW, August 2nd, 2005... right now, go... check your PM's
    [IMG]http://b5col.firstones.com/gomex_sat_600x405.jpg[/IMG]

GOD HELP US.