Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Progress on campaign stuff

I've been working on getting Nexus to run CoL as a campaign, and so far I've run into some snags (for all the detail Nexus gives me in its error messages, it might as well just say "Flagrant System Error" - now it's telling me that "#" is not an integer - beats me what "#" it's talking about).
Anyway, I'll use this thread to make posts about how I'm doing. So far, I have only one comment about the process - can you guys please not replace the essential default Nexus objects (like asteroids) in the tacticstypes.ini file? I spent about 20 minutes sticking them back in today, because some of the campaign-essential files require asteroids to be present, and you already have other things using the 100-150 ship class slots. Also, can we officially have "dev_devices.ini" renamed to "dev_supports.ini"? Since supports is the accepted Nexus name for those things, and since copying it into a new campaign causes duplicate ID conflicts with some items already defined in dev_supports.
Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting a bit, Nexus is just being frustrating as usual :p.

Eater.

Comments

• jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    Re: Progress on campaign stuff

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eater [/i]
    [B]I've been working on getting Nexus to run CoL as a campaign, and so far I've run into some snags (for all the detail Nexus gives me in its error messages, it might as well just say "Flagrant System Error" - now it's telling me that "#" is not an integer - beats me what "#" it's talking about).
    Anyway, I'll use this thread to make posts about how I'm doing. So far, I have only one comment about the process - can you guys please not replace the essential default Nexus objects (like asteroids) in the tacticstypes.ini file? I spent about 20 minutes sticking them back in today, because some of the campaign-essential files require asteroids to be present, and you already have other things using the 100-150 ship class slots. Also, can we officially have "dev_devices.ini" renamed to "dev_supports.ini"? Since supports is the accepted Nexus name for those things, and since copying it into a new campaign causes duplicate ID conflicts with some items already defined in dev_supports.
    Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting a bit, Nexus is just being frustrating as usual :p.

Eater. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually the asteroids were there BEFORE LogicSequence decided to clean up the tactics.xls [i]*smacks Logic in the head*[/i] :rolleyes:
    I didn't even realize it since I didn't place any asteroids in the test missions. Oh well, must be fixed.

And yes, dev_devices.ini can be renamed. Oh and you might want to get the .xls files for easier tactics editing... check the GMail account, they're there now.

PS. For easier GMail access you could download GmailFS which enables you to use GMail as a remote hard disk - it's a shell extension so after that you can just drag & drop files there like it was a normal hard disk. [URL=http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm]http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm[/URL]

EDIT: GMail is just a temporary solution until we get an FTP or a CVS server.
  • EaterEater Trainee
    Yeah, there are a bunch of what I assume are jumpgate-specific objects in the 10* area of the ship classes. If someone moves them to another number, could you also put the asteroids back in? Because for campaigns, there is no original tacticstypes to inherit, so the one you put in there has to contain all of the ships in the game.

Eater.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    ummm the xls tables have been changed since your version jusas ;) AND DON'T SMACK ME! they're nice and pretty now. :)
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    Care to share them with the rest of us?