Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Laptop problem

Just got my new laptop yesterday, and promptly installed StarCraft, Unreal Tournament, and Baldur's Gate II (the greatest RTS, FPS, and RPG ever made :p). The only problem is, when any game is open, a window pops up informing me of some potential problem--I think it's warning me that anything outside of my native resolution (1400z1050) will appear fuzzy--and the game minimizes... but the popup is *inside* the game or something, because it goes away until I maximize the game, at which point it causes it to minimize again. I can get rid of it by spamming Enter, but I'd really like a more elegan solution. Anyone know how to turn that off?

[Edit]Got it! All I had to do was switch the desktop display to a different resolution, then click "Don't display this again" when that very same box popped up.

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Good that you got the problem solved. :)

And BG2 is indeed the best cRPG ever...or the whole story combined. :)
  • I've never gotten beyond the point where you're trying to raise money to pay whatshisname... I tried doing every quest (because I wanted to :p) and spent quite a while working on that, but reformatted my computer without backing it up. :(
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    BAH!

Also a slight spoiler: Spoiler:
    You only need to do one quest really, and that's Nalia's. You get 10000gold from it and you get gold from killing stuff and selling. And then they drop the price from 20000 to 15000 I think to find the guy.
  • Yeah, but I wanted to do them all. :p
  • Here's another one: in any FPS (Half-Life, UT) there's a quarter-second delay between me moving the mouse and my view on the screen moving. Any way to fix that?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    You should install Planescape: Torment.

Greatest RPG ever made.

Fallout's come second.

Then Knights of the Old Republic
  • KotOR was fun, but it's not even close to being on par with BG2, or PlaneScape and Fallout.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    StarCraft?!
    STARCRAFT?!

Bah! Total Annihilation is the greatest RTS of all time! And it's got even better since it was converted to 3D! Go, my Fiery Rain of Plasma Death!
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]StarCraft?!
    STARCRAFT?!

Bah! Total Annihilation is the greatest RTS of all time! And it's got even better since it was converted to 3D! Go, my Fiery Rain of Plasma Death! [/B][/QUOTE]

And the music!

You know.. I got all Apocalypse Now during some skirmishes..

tattaraa raa tattaraa raa!

LOVE THE SMELL OF BURNING METAL SCRAP IN THE MORNING! Oh yea baby!

(And Kotor was more than good in Star Wars game standards... often they be crap, even though Tie Fighter is still THE best of star wars gaming)
  • But not by RPG standards, Refa. :)

I stand by my claim, Biggles. Nothing can ever be as fun as playing BNS2000 2 humans vs. 6 comps with the friend who introduced me to gaming.
    You clearly haven't played TA, at least not [i]properly[/i]. :)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]You clearly haven't played TA, at least not [i]properly[/i]. :) [/B][/QUOTE]Photon cannon-lined ridges defending your base against the constant onslaught... only to burst out half an hour later with two control groups of carriers? Priceless.

(Can anyone actually help me? :p)
    Big Bertha farms. 'Nough said.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [img]http://sanfam.dyndns.org:3003/albums/taspring/screen37.sized.jpg[/img]

Edit: More: [url]http://sanfam.dyndns.org:3003/gallery/taspring?page=1[/url] (With videos :D)
    Yay the Fiery Rain of Plasma Death!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Check automatically starting services (services.msc) and autostarting programs, especially brand PCs are full of shit.

(HKEY_Local_Machine > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion and go through keys with Run in name)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    How is it that you people continually and consistently forget the entire single-player Ultima series? Shame on all of you for labelling [i]anything[/i] but an Ultima as the best RPG ever. I'm disgusted with the lot of you.