Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Battlefield 2 - Anyone else play it?

A good many of you on here are clearly (very) computer-savvy and have been kind enough to help me out in the past; so my immediate thought was that at least one of you must have a machine good enough to play it! :cool:

After becomming infatuated with the demo, a few of us have grouped together to form our own clan and chip-in for our own server. (Gonna cost us £700, but between 13 of us, that's peanuts.) We're all from UKAN, the Uk Airsoft forums, and were pretty much united by our combined (unhealthy) love of replica guns and the game itself.

Please check out our forums and laugh at our collective tales of woe! :D

[URL=http://www.eagleairsoft.co.uk/ukanclan/index.php?sid=a390ef63beaad6b5a52f2df8991ee0cc]Battlefield 2: UKAN Clan[/URL]

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I like it a lot, I was slightly disappointed by the lack of vehicles and maps, but I still like it. I intend to buy it as soon as it arrives in stores here so I can play it online.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]I like it a lot, I was slightly disappointed by the lack of vehicles and maps, but I still like it. I intend to buy it as soon as it arrives in stores here so I can play it online. [/B][/QUOTE]

Lack of vehicles? Dude, what size maps have you been playing? :D

16 player maps are not that good at all; for the full experience you need to player on 32 or 64 player dealios, where tanks and APCs are are a dime a dozen. The Bradley is my personal favorite, because of the AA missile pods on the turret. Very useful for keeping away those marauding flyboys who try it on.

Speaking of flyboys, I adore the MEC attack chopper. The chin-mounted cannon beats the snot out of the Vulcan on the Cobra and its Chinese counterpart. Myself and my mate David have a great pilot/gunner partnership. 60 points each is our higest score for any one game. :cool:

Regards,
    Morden
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Yeah, the teamwork within vehicles is what I'm looking forward to the most. If you need an extra crewman on a slick maybe I can fill an empty spot when I get the game? ;)

It's not the amount of vehicles on the maps themselves I was referring to, but rather the lack of variants. Granted, I've only played single player, so maybe it's different in multi, and most definitely EA will be holding out for the expansions, but the thing I loved about Desert Combat was the large number of different vehicles with different capabilities. Like for example, if you're a flyboy but prefer close air support over air superiority tasks, you could take the A-10 rather than an F-15. So far I've only seen one type of fighter per side in BF2.
  • The US side, at least, has two fighters; one is a VTOL that I've only managed to find on the Sharqi Peninsula map (I think it was that one)--it's on the Carrier. Tons of fun to use. :D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    In a related subject...anybody here have BF1942 and play DC? I can't quite see myself with BF2 or a card capable of playing it in the near future, but I do certainly play well with Desert Combat (Specifically, DCX and DCR. I'm a vehicle fiend))
  • i play it, usually with 1 or 2 people on teamspeak. i think i will stay away from clan gaming since i'm still worn out from my urbanterror days..

i refuse to fly anything else than the blackhawk though, the chinese transport choppers are a joke and i got the habbit of not hitting anything in attack choppers (but i can fly them good, fast & low.. plus i like getting an easy 49+ points from gunner kills :D )

if you want to team up, my nick is Hemorrhoid, xfire id: parsimonious. i usually play on the jolt servers with the random ranked servers mixed in now and then
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]Yeah, the teamwork within vehicles is what I'm looking forward to the most. If you need an extra crewman on a slick maybe I can fill an empty spot when I get the game? ;)

It's not the amount of vehicles on the maps themselves I was referring to, but rather the lack of variants. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure, my online handle is [UKAN]Morden279. I'm on xFire as well, if you use it.

Yeah, I'm positive that EA will release an expansion at some point; if not, there are already people working on mods. (One of my friends stateside is working on a few British vehicles, including the Challenger II MBT, and the Warrior IFV.)

I only fly choppers to be honest, and never as the pilot, as I can't fly for toffee. Gunning is a far more rewarding experience, IMO, anyway.

wiseguy;

You're right about the Chinese and MEC transport choppers, they are indeed rather lacking; the minguns on the Blackhawk just own. (Especially when it comes to taking pot shots at other rotary-winged aircraft who try to harass you.)
    The best experiences I've had in a Blackhawk are as part of a 4 man capture team; where the transport is used to quickly capture flag points and evac before the enemy can react. Having 4 men on board speeds the process itself up enormously. In addition, if things are handled correctly and ground support is given, (taking out stingers, etc.), capturing even well-defended flag points is a piece of cake.

Regards,
    Morden
  • yeah the blackhawk is a mobile capture facility, the only problem i have when playing on public servers is (yes i know, it's the fact that they are public :rolleyes: ) that people don't tend to stay in a blackhawk. they bail, they fall to their death but they never do the right thing. which is why i only fly them with friends for gunners (and usually no other passengers - i like to keep mobile rather than sit atop a flag and get stingered by some AV guy) :D
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    My PC can barely run BF1 so I doubt the second will ;)
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiseguy [/i]
    [B]yeah the blackhawk is a mobile capture facility, the only problem i have when playing on public servers is (yes i know, it's the fact that they are public :rolleyes: ) that people don't tend to stay in a blackhawk. they bail, they fall to their death but they never do the right thing. which is why i only fly them with friends for gunners (and usually no other passengers - i like to keep mobile rather than sit atop a flag and get stingered by some AV guy) :D [/B][/QUOTE]

It's fantastic when you get a competant pilot who knows a) how to fly, and b) knows when to tell his passengers to bail.

Last week, I was playing as USMC, and as a team we were functioning perfectly; capturing flag points and bailing via parachute if needed and getting into the vehicles parked below. This resulted in not only territorial, but armoured superiority, because of which, we own3d the opposition.

As for being stingered, we usually make sure to keep our guns trained on the missile positions, or blow them up if we can. Same goes for the TOW launchers when you're in vehicles making a capture. Saves us a lot of trouble. What's more, with a few people in the chopper to make a rapid capture, you usually don't need to hang around long enough to be vulnerable. ;)

However, it totally sucks when you get onto a server with people who don't know the *meaning* of teamwork. The amount of inconsiderate behaviour can be ridiculous, such as tanks leaving me behind or driving past without letting me get in the turret, and the same with transport helicopters and buggies; who seemed to be oblivious to the fact that others might need a ride. In one game on the "operation Clean Sweep" map; 3 boats left the US base with 4 men between them, leaving about half a dozen of us stranded back at shore.

It's a game of mixed blessings. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden