Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The audacity!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Blender a free program?

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7170944078&category=51344&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1[/URL]

Comments

• AgimaAgima Trainee
    Re: The audacity!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Blender a free program?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes it is... that very odd (and wrong) that someone wants to sell it.

Well, we do find anything on ebay, even legit free software for sale it seems! Some people I tell you...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    (This post written assuming Blender uses the GPL cause I'm too lazy to go look it up.)

There's nothing in the GPL to say you can't sell GPL'd software, provided you give credit to the makers and provide access to the source (which they can do by simply pointing the purchaser at the Blender homepage). What you [b]can't[/b] do is modify the source and sell that without providing access to the modified source in some way (download, ask-and-we'll-send-you-a-CD-free-of-charge, etc). What this one appears to have extra is the textures and tutorials, assuming they arn't stolen from somewhere else (wouldn't be surprised if they are) and don't come with Blender when you download it anyway.

Also, no offense to the Blender fans here, but while Blender is very good, it isn't as good as or better than 3D Studio Max, Maya nor Lightwave. :p
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Biggles...marketing hype, we all know blender isn't better, but with the right users, it can compete on the same level. :D

(And if you include the price in the argument....muahaha)

Posted at blender.org forums, see if they can end this.
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    People sell dvds of fanfilms too, which is definately illegal. Before Ep3 there were some claiming to sell "preview ep3 footage" which was [url=http://crewoftwo.com/]Duality[/url] :rolleyes:

- Φ
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    well...legally they CAN sell Blender...

however the "Hundereds of Tutorials" has me a bit miffed...