Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I dont get something

rikuriku Earthforce Officer
On the episode when Lyta reveals Talya's artifical personality, garibaldi memorizes the episode when Kosh did the dealings with the android and her...
but why?

I mean the key sentence was something like "reflections surprise terror, for the future"

1.why would that mean so much?
2.why would Kosh care about that?
3.even if he did care, what was the point of Talya being there? I suppose they would reveal her anyway.

THANK YOU =]
:robot:

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    [i]1.why would that mean so much?[/i]

If Kosh said it, it means a lot.

[i]2.why would Kosh care about that?[/i]

He seemed to care a lot about the people on Babylon 5. For example, his intervention with G'Kars mindrape of Mollari. What purpose he had with "backing up" Talia's personality though, I have no idea. Perhaps something would come up during the Telepath War?

[i]3.even if he did care, what was the point of Talya being there? I suppose they would reveal her anyway.[/i]

Talia being where? Babylon 5? She was a replacement character for Lyta, as I recall... JMS wrote an "exit" script for every small character in B5, incase they didn't want to continue. I think.
  • rikuriku Earthforce Officer
    about 3, I meant why was she in the commercial meeting with Kosh and the android.
    :eek:
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    It wasnt a commercial meeting iirc. It was just done to test Lyta..
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]It wasnt a commercial meeting iirc. It was just done to test Lyta.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not Lyta. Talia was with Kosh and the ViCaR.

Kosh called the meeting because he knew that Talia was a traitor.
    Ah yes. Thats what happens when I try to recall something from my memory. The details are flawed. FLAWED I TELL YOU!!! ;)
  • Re: I dont get something

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by riku [/i]
    [B]On the episode when Lyta reveals Talya's artifical personality, garibaldi memorizes the episode when Kosh did the dealings with the android and her...
    but why?

I mean the key sentence was something like "reflections surprise terror, for the future"

1.why would that mean so much?
    2.why would Kosh care about that?
    3.even if he did care, what was the point of Talya being there? I suppose they would reveal her anyway.

THANK YOU =]
    :robot: [/B][/QUOTE] Garibaldi remembered it because it was a way to bring Talia (or her personality and powers) back in case it was necessary.

The original outline had Lyta on B5 the whole time, becoming closer to Kosh gradually, resulting in her ultimate transformation, and Takashima as the traitor.
    Due to real-world intrusions Pat Tallman was not signed for the first season, thus she was replaced with Talya (note the similarities in name if you use that spelling? not a coincidence IMO, even if the name was actually spelled Talia). The "get close to the Vorlon as an afterffect of the contact in the pilot" plot for Lyta was dropped and Talya instead was to gain enhanced abilities through the Ironheart subplot. (Meanwhile Lyta being off-stage she did gain enhanced abilities by visiting the Vorlon homeworld.)

Now, let's remember that Vorlon's created telepaths and Kosh must have noticed the Ironheart incident. It's quite logical that Kosh decided to record Talia's brain to analyze the modifications made by Ironheart's gift, thus he hired the ViCaR (nice word game with vicarious and VCR there methinks)

Now, let's assume that Pat Tallman could't return for Season 3 partially and Season 4 and 5 fulltime, and you still need an enhanced telepath... the recording of Talia would have supplied a way to have that, even if it meant casting a new actress as the body that would receive the powers of Talia.

There was an exit script for each character, but also a re-entry script for the subplots assigned to each one that were necessary for the story to be told Part of Lyta's original role was filled by Talia, part of Takashima's original role was filled by Talia, the rest of Takashima's role was transferred to Ivanova, part of Ivanova's planned role in season 5 was transferred to Lyta (the emotional involvement with Byron), most of Jeffrey Sinclair's role was transferred to John Sheridan...
    A smart writer that JMS guy,:) leaving so many ways to tell the same overall plot with several subplots intact.
  • Is the idea of Ivonova having an emotional involment with Byron an actually statement from JMS? Because despite her minor telepathy, I would find that hard to swallow in light of what happened with Marcus.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That was actually going to be the reason. After letting love slip through her fingers, Ivanova would've been emotionally vunerable and willing to jump on the next geninue, long-haired british hippy who walked up to her, to try and get what she had lost.

Meanwhile, Lyta would've worshipped Byron from afar like a plain-looking schoolgirl with a crush on the captain of the football team. When he died, she would take up his cause partially as a way to be closer to him.

So everything would've ended up the same way, anyhow.
  • rikuriku Earthforce Officer
    And Ivanova hates the Psi-core alot more than lyta so that fits.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Ivanova involved with Byron?

I think I'm going to be sick.
    Indeed. So am I.

Even worse than an overdose of kitten huffing would get me..
  • I suppose the finale would've have been different, too. Lochley has mostly cooperated with the PsiCorps and therefore, the things happened like they happened. Considering that Ivanova hates the Corps plus her emotional involvement with Byron, Bester would have had a lot more difficulties reaching and acting on Babylon 5.
  • Had Claudia Christian stayed for season 5 I think that Sheridan could have been the one emphasizing the need for cooperation with the Psi-Corps as a political issue. Maybe grudgingly, but still, allowing the Psi-Corps in such a situation could have been legal and the IA would have had to allow it.

I am almost sure (but it's all speculation, and IMHO) that in the 5th. season opener if Ivanova had been there she would have been the one saying that the telepath colony should be allowed, while Sheridan would have objected. Without Ivanova the objector role fell to Lochley. In support of this I can only say that the justifications given by Sheridan (well, they did save my life, and we might need them as allies) seemed a bit thin to me.

I wonder if the love-making scene of Byron and Lyta was planned for Ivanova... if so, what a wasted chance to see Claudia Christian in a sexy scene!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Maybe she saw what was planned and decided leaving was the best way to avoid it ;)

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Capt.Montoya [/i]
    [B]I wonder if the love-making scene of Byron and Lyta was planned for Ivanova... if so, what a wasted chance to see Claudia Christian in a sexy scene! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, because it would be such a rare opprotunity to see CC in (or nearly in) the buff. ;)
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
    I wonder if the love-making scene of Byron and Lyta was planned for Ivanova... if so, what a wasted chance to see Claudia Christian in a sexy scene! [/QUOTE]

You mean "boom-shubba-lubba" wasn't sexy enough? :D
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I dunno, I rather liked the Lyta pleasure threshold scene. :D