Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 RPG?

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Not that I'm terribly interested in RPGs in general, but I've been a bit curious, and at the nudging of a couple of friends, would be interested in potentially getting one going.

So the question is...would anyone like to attempt a forum-based B5 RPG? Obviously hosted here, so it'd be accessible. Any thoughts? any method of choice for operation? Post!

Comments

• I hit you with a lvl10 Interest spell for 5 points of:

Sounds like it could be fun, no idea how it would work tho'.

Typing much?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I roll a natural 20 on my attempt to hit you with my PPG +3. You're dead. On my next turn I roll a 1d10 for 1 to fail my "How would it work?" check.
  • *Carefully writes 'Shot in the back by Biggles, which, I might say, is a most Un-Bigglesworthy thing to do' on character sheet*

Oh... Well, I'll get my coat then. *sniff*

Nice playin with you guys...

*Leaves, looks through outside window mournfully for a while as it begins to rain. Wanders aimlessly down street.*

*Dies*

:D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I took part in a Star Wars forum based rpg once, that was quite fun so you have my interest.

Worf
  • I used to do the forum-based RPG thing quite heavily (and, as you may recall, had plans for a B5 forum-based RPG on Firstones until Argone died), but as of late I've begun to lose interest in them. I dislike being constrained by the established plot/rules of a pre-existing universe, and I especially dislike writing about a one-amongst-many character.

That said, I had a great time designing the old B5 RPG, and I'd be glad to help in any way. I just might end up finding myself interested in joining. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Is there anything to say we can't have larger or multi-character roles?

My forum RPG experience is rather limited, so someone chime in if there's actually a reason one way or the other ;)
  • What I mean is that I don't like not being the main character and not having complete creative control. I have a history of diverging from the admin-established plot and basically ignoring all the rules. ;)
  • Well it might be something I can post on, things are calming down on my front. I've done mostly freestyle rpg, none of the roll with dice stuff.
  • I don't do dice rolls.
    Well, you could be an Ivanova-summoned god-form.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    the only form of B5 RPG I have ever been involved in was more of a turn based strategy game involving you being the head of a race and dictating the production, strategy, and foriegn policy of that race. Had alot of fun with it when I was a part of it. As to a traditional B5 RPG, I have suprisingly never really had much interest... but Im sure I could be convinced :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    *waves hand* you will join us.

Worf
  • I would deffinently be interested, and I might be able to convince my wife to get in on it as well, though neither of us have done a online forum or IRC based RPG.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I am I am! Wont be home for another 4 days, but I am!
    [SIZE=4][url=http://forums.firstones.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=82]Enjoy[/url][/SIZE]