Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 - The fifth greatest scifi of all times

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Of course we know that it is THE greatest scifi of all times...but well, not everyone can know the truth.

[url]http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows?pg=46[/url]

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    "Arguably the best" so they give it #5?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I could agree with that, however, I have not seen the new BSG, and Id vote TNG for nostalgic reasons..
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    And voyager is...10-ish?! No. That's horribly wrong. Where's DS9?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Half the stuff on that list isn't even scifi!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]And voyager is...10-ish?! No. That's horribly wrong. Where's DS9? [/B][/QUOTE]

DS9 is a ripoff..
  • Farscape and newer Outer Limits are also missing.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Farscape and newer Outer Limits are also missing. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, atleast Farscape would have earned it's place in the top 5, atleast in my books :D

But something to gain from that listing, I found a name for a series that I have forgotten: [URL=http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows?pg=8]Nowhere Man[/URL]
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Nowhere Man was awesome, DS9 damn well [i]should[/i] have been listed, and towards the top, too, same goes for Farscape... and Galactica lost best series of all time to the original Trek? This list is all frakked up.
    This brings up another remark. "Frak" is a terrible substitute for an already overused profanity. It just doesn't slide off the tongue like it should. Now..."Frell" is a good one. It's quite slick!
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    Where's "The Prisoner?"

and The Irresponsible Captain Tylor?

and Red Dwarf. Red Dwarf is acutal sci-fi unlike many on that list.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]This brings up another remark. "Frak" is a terrible substitute for an already overused profanity. It just doesn't slide off the tongue like it should. Now..."Frell" is a good one. It's quite slick! [/B][/QUOTE]

'Frell' isn't hard enough. It's far too polite!

'Frak' retains enough of that Anglo-Saxon edge.. :D
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    Um, so 3rd rock is scifi? And LOST?? And what the frak, Xena is higher placed than Firefly, come on...
  • jusasjusas Earthforce Officer
    The new BSG is some really good stuff. I had my reservations before I watched the pilot but right after that I was completely sold :) This beats the average Stargate stuff 10-0. I just love the atmosphere and the plot is quite interesting. Still quite sad to see BSG take B5's place, BSG is still such a newcomer and in my opinion, hasn't got the credentials to be that high compared to the established veterans.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MeadDrinker [/i]
    [B]'Frell' isn't hard enough. It's far too polite!

'Frak' retains enough of that Anglo-Saxon edge.. :D [/B][/QUOTE] It sounds stupid (comparatively), but after a while, I just hear "Frak" as "Fuck" anyway.

Frell just doesn't have the same sound.
    I still believe the Farscape world has better profanities. Frell (and of course, Frellwit), Tralk, Dren, Yotz,
    Hezmana , Crank, Kinkoid, Veen, Draz, Mivonks/Numdas, Hasmot, Zangblats, Fahrbot, Farko, Fapootah, Fekkik, Pleebing, Welnitz, Thoddo...

So many! So many great words.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I still believe the Farscape world has better profanities. Frell (and of course, Frellwit), Tralk, Dren, Yotz,
    Hezmana , Crank, Kinkoid, Veen, Draz, Mivonks/Numdas, Hasmot, Zangblats, Fahrbot, Farko, Fapootah, Fekkik, Pleebing, Welnitz, Thoddo...

So many! So many great words.[/B][/QUOTE]

Motherfrakker? :p
  • My Top 5:

1. Babylon 5
    2. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    3. Battlestar Galactica (TNS)
    4. Star Trek: The Next Generation
    5. Firefly
  • Vorlon Ambassador KoshVorlon Ambassador Kosh Vorlonforce Officer
    Mine:

1) Babylon 5
    2) Space Above & Beyond, BSG, Firefly
    5) ST: Deep Space Nine, ST: The Next Generation

Now, if you count Seaquest I honestly don't know where it would be since I loved the show, but that was ten years ago and I haven't seen it since then...

EDIT: Hmm, can't choose between TNG and DS9...