Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What language is

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
being sung on the track Wander My Friends on the BSG season one cd?

Comments

• David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Check the liner notes.

Spoiler: Or, highlight this box and see the answer is "Gaelic."
  • ahh...a dead language still taught in Nova Scotia...
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]ahh...a dead language still taught in Nova Scotia... [/B][/QUOTE]

well, its not quite dead, more like on life support, certain segments in scottland, particularly in the islands and stuff used Scotish Gaelic in daily life, and there were what was considered "native speakers" Manx Gaelic didnt become dead untill 1974, but thats an odd date, because while the last native Manx speaker died that year, the revival movement had already started, and you now have second generation Manx speakers, And god knows weather or not the irish branch of Gaelic could ever be considered to have died, the irish wont ever give a straight answer on the question.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Is Welsh considered a branch of Gaelic?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    no, welsh is a different language to welsh entirely.

Gaelic isnt that widely spoken by many people any more, i think a figure of a few tens of thousands is a good ball park figure
    Welsh is a brythonic p-celtic language while Gaelic is Goidelic, they are related back it time to each other, but thats not really saying much, considering that ancestor language to both was spoken about 3 millenia ago.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]no, welsh is a different language to welsh entirely.[/B][/QUOTE]

:confused: :D :p
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    *sigh* another excellent example of why not to post when drunk;)

what i [i]meant[/i] to say is that Gaelic and Welsh are quite different, as far as i know anyway.
    phoenetic drift makes the langauges sound quite different, but many of the base grammer structures are the same, since they are both members of the celtic language family.