Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

George Takei is gay

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
[URL=http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/28/people.georgetakei.ap/index.html]Over at CNN.com[/URL] they have an article with Takei outing himself. Im surprised this isn't making more of a splash since he is a pretty big actor. Well to us at least.

Comments

• ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    The article is not hilarious. That picture is.

[IMG]http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/28/people.georgetakei.ap/story.takei.ap.jpg[/IMG]

[edit]

Fuck, he's doing Equus? I wish I weren't 3,000 miles away. :(
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I could of had Sulu as a sugar daddy?!?!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Hey, good for him. Doesn't bother me in the least. :)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Um, he's been gay. Wait, that's obvious. What I mean is, I first heard rumors a year or two ago, and have heard from some folks that it had been more or less established for quite a long time before that. It wasn't trumpeted about, but he didn't exactly go to the greatest of efforts to hide it recently, either.

(I imagine it's been changed, or will be shortly, but the bio section on his IMDB page mentioned that his sexuality was "a matter of some dispute")

I'm surprised he officially "came out," though. It seemed he was taking the I-value-my-privacy, neither-confirm-nor-deny, figure-it-out-for-yourselves-you-bloodsucking-obsessive-vultures tack.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    wow... the first time I acutally get to use the phrase 'Old News'.

He was well known as a 'fruit' when he was still filming Trek.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arethusa [/i]
    [B]The article is not hilarious. That picture is.

[IMG]
    Fuck, he's doing Equus? I wish I weren't 3,000 miles away. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'd LOVE to see him in Equus, i was hoping that it would move to NY eventually, even though i'm not in NYC anymore, i'd make the 500 mile trip to go see it.

As for him being gay, as long as he's happy, who cares what his sexual orientation is.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    hmm....two girls on my course im good friends with have just come out and admitted their lesbians; my cousin has also just told the family he's gay.....must be that time of year:rolleyes:

as for george takei coming out: good for him! doesnt make any difference to me in the slightest!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ok..

So is Gandalf. Doesnt bother me.
  • Meh, to each his own. All power to the guy. ;)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Uhm.. so?
  • The Sun reported the revelation (if you can call it that) in a disappointingly predictable way; with a spattering of phrases such as the "Starship Enter-guys" amongst others... :rolleyes:
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    well the Sun will be the first against the wall when my revolution comes:rolleyes:
  • They get it right some of the time, it's just their overt "laddish" homophobia I find repugnant.
  • I think it is a personal choice. It is a personal argument and to take it public must have a desired effect. To have discussions in front of children (0-13) is a very uncomfortable feeling. Not that I am anti gay but any sex talk should be done through proper channels. Prime time news channels are talking about and most kids are still awake
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Being gay is NOT a personal choice (I got a nice battery of sources and arguments to pull up if you wish). Also being gay isn't "the sex talk" as a large component is EMOTIONAL attraction as well, something small children do understand. They can understand and HAVE NO PROBLEMS with the concept of same sex couples. Hatred is a learned emotion.

Having the discussion in front of children is uncomfortable to the adult only because they feel the subject is taboo (the subject of sex in general, not personal sex lives). I've had no problems helping friends who are parents talk about sexuality to their children, as I feel that sex based in love is a wonderful thing that should be celebrated, not shunned.