Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Toying with music.

HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
Well, about two years ago I decided to dive into creating some Orchestral music for a project (inspired somewhat by Babylon 5, Farscape, etc...) - Sadly - I sucked! Mainly because I have no prior experience with that kinda music. Or any kind of training at all. But what the heck, I plugged in my Yamaha synth, loaded up some software and just got cracking. In the end I created about four hours worth of music, some full length tracks, while others just mere cues and experiments with sound. I was never all that happy with the results, so in the end just gave up with Orchestral stuff. It just wasn't feeling right for me. So, no matter, life is all about learning. Anyway that was almost two years ago now - And I never did any music since then, pretty much lost interest, and the files have been gathering dust on my hard drive for ages now. So I figured let's put one together and post it. To me, it's just noise to the ears! I never felt comfortable with any of them. The only thing I enjoy is creating interesting sounds, which is probably why I like sound effects so much... But the music part just doesn't sit right with me. :)

But what the heck, here's a full track (some transitions MIGHT be a bit apparent because I didn't edit it together very well just now): [URL=http://sectorgame.com/upload/Hunter - Twisted Infinities - Cluster Engagement.mp3] Download / Play "Cluster Engagement & Smuggler Base"[/URL] (7.36mb)

No need to post where it went wrong - Just listen to DA NOISE! :) I have a few more I can post if anyone is bothered with it (and some clips of uncompleted ones).

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'll dl it at work. I'll see what my semi trained ears can pick up, although I shoudl pass it to my bro who has more theory background than I do
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    What this sort of reminds me of is the Klingon or Romulan soundtrack for Birth of the Federation. At least the first two minutes of it. In fact, it sounds exactly like it, aside from the twizzlyelectronicy noise in the background at ~1:00
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    It probably is the same notes then... But never heard that soundtrack. Is it any good? I also got the "Klingon" feel from that part...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'd rip the score, but hell if I know how to extract sounds from the source files.