Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Andreas Katsulas Has Passed Away

2»

Comments

• PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Funny enough, I'm going to some tests in the morning myself. Been ill for 1½ weeks straight and a week before that for a few days and feeling really bad occasionally. Don't know what exactly is wrong with me yet, but I'm not planning to leave this place yet either. ;)

- PJH
  • Rest in peace, mate.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    JMS post on it:

[url]http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17526[/url]
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Smoking kills......
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I'm glad Peter was there. This very much remids me of the story of how one put together a recording of Andreas' speaches for a dying friend. I hope Andreas heard that story, and I hope he was without pain.

Now here in my sanctuary I can weep.

And its time to get my boyfriend to quit.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]JMS post on it:

[url]http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17526[/url] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm crying again:(

From what JMS said, I had recollections of Sleeping in Light. The last meal, the stories and memories of the better times.......

I havent been well recently either, and this has made me realise how much I'd want to have something similar to that meal if I were about to pass beyond the rim.

Not to sounds soppy or anything, but it gives me great comfort to know there are you folks out there who feel the same way, and who can share this grief

G'Kar was probably my favourite character.....and there can never be another:(
  • I raise my glass in salute.

"G'Kar"
  • :( "If I shine a light on the wall..."

I hope he found the source...
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Truly a great talent. I will miss him.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]G'Kar was probably my favourite character.....and there can never be another:( [/B][/QUOTE]

G'Kar is my favourite character in B5, and Andreas is my favourite actor in it.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    God I don't know what to say... so so sad. B5 has lost one of its greatest actors. So sad. May he rest in peace.
  • Sleep in light Andreas.
  • Tests came back and I'm fine. No bleeding in the brain, just regular run of the mill tension headaches. Thanks to those who've voiced concern.

To mirror JMS, there really cannot be anyone else who can play the role of G'Kar. Andreas spoke with a voice as distinct as any, and with an eloquence and gravitas that defined G'Kar. One could not listen to a G'Kar speech and not have goosebumps run through their body. They may have been JMS's words, but it was Andreas that gave them a place in our hearts and minds.

As I awaited my results I tried to think of what message I could leave for the ones I love and nothing stood out in my mind like the many things G'Kar had said throughout the series. I thank JMS for G'Kar, and I thank Andreas for G'Kar's soul.
  • :(
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadoStarr [/i]
    [B]Tests came back and I'm fine. No bleeding in the brain, just regular run of the mill tension headaches. Thanks to those who've voiced concern.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's great to hear.
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    :(

maxdamage
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I wonder if we should send a copy of our condolenses to his family through his agent or through Pat Tallman at GG?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PJH [/i]
    [B]:(

No more B5 with G'Kar either. :(

- PJH [/B][/QUOTE]

Correction. No G'Kar, no more B5. I just doesn't work without him. His role and the way it was played are that important.
  • A great loss. :(

As for Richard Biggs, there is now a memorial video for Andreas Katsulas.
    [url]http://www.zteamproductions.com/b5stuff/Andreas.html[/url]
    JMS comment of a final dinner reminded me of Sleeping in Light... I'm glad they had that chance to say hello and be happy together again while knowing that it was goodbye.

And while I disagree that there can't be more B5 without G'Kar I know that without him it will never be as good.

A great loss. :(
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Unblievable. I didn't expect that. He's the 3rd B5 actor to go in just a few years.
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    He maybe gone but his work and his image will last on and on for countless years.
  • maxdamagemaxdamage Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vorlons in my Head [/i]
    [B]Unblievable. I didn't expect that. He's the 3rd B5 actor to go in just a few years. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity who was the first B5 actor to pass away?

maxdamage.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Well, the first [i]regular[/i] B5 actor was Richard Biggs.
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadoStarr [/i]
    [B]To mirror JMS, there really cannot be anyone else who can play the role of G'Kar. Andreas spoke with a voice as distinct as any, and with an eloquence and gravitas that defined G'Kar. One could not listen to a G'Kar speech and not have goosebumps run through their body. They may have been JMS's words, but it was Andreas that gave them a place in our hearts and minds.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

I couldn't have put it better myself. I was online here about a wk ago, read that he'd passed away and I just had to log off again. I just didn't have any words. Its so very sad. :(
    I was lucky enough to meet him few yrs ago. He was lovely to listen too, even though he didn't speak quite like G'kar. I got a photo, signing and when he talked at the con I taped his voice. I'm going to listen to it one of these days again. I don't know how I'm going to watch a B5 again without feeling really sad. :(

May he rest in peace.
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    I'm glad he had time to plan and prepare and live life to the fullest before the end of this journey.
    My God bless his family and I know I will always be thankful for his brilliant career and his passionate portrayal of G'Kar.
    For some good times listen to the CD "Trying to Forget" by "The Be Five" (search eBay for "Be Five Babylon 5" if you don't have a copy). Heh - there is an unforgettable song sung by Andreas and you can [I]tell[/I] he doesn't want to do it :D

Thanks for everything Andreas
  • ". . .But it is time for us to go now.
    For you to live and for me to die.
    Who of us is luckier, only the God knows!"

(From: Socrates Apology by Platon)

We will meet Antrea. Have a nice trip.