Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 DVD problem.

DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
I'm a bit late on this B5 DVD gathering. :)

I have a bit of a problem. I ordered Babylon 5 Season 4 DVDs from Play.com on December last year and the boxset was missing Disc One and instead had two pcs of Disc Two.

Naturally I sent it back to Play.com and replacement arrived. Same problem, this time Disc Three was missing and I had two Disc Fours.

I have sent them back over the course of time and now fourth replacement arrived today. Disc One was missing, again.

[b]Now to my question. Is there a straight address to Warner Brothers to whom I could send the incorrect DVD boxset and get the right DVDs? Or am I forced to send this package back and forth to Play.com until I get the right one?[/b]

I thank you all in advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Hmm

Does Play.com require you to return the old DVD before you get the new one? Otherwise you could hang onto the old one until the new one arrives, then mix-and-match so you have all the DVDs, then send back the bad set.

I did that with Amazon once when both the original and the replacement had a scratched (but different) DVD :)
  • Generally in any issue like this, you haveto go through who you purchased it from FIRST.

Send them an email, describe the problem and see what they say. If they say its beyond their control as its a manufacturing problem, then you hit WB!

9/10 The place you ordered it from will take it back and give you a new one. They'll just RTV(returnto vendor) the faulty set.
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    Well, I resorted into a Finnish auction service Huuto.net. I'm asking Play.com to refund my package.

Now I only hope that the same doesn't occur with the fifth season boxset. :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Wow, I just got my season 4 set too. I better check that out. So far, none of my others (1,2,3, and 5) have had any problems. I hope it keeps up!
    So is the sound quality on Into the Fire bad for all copies? Of all episodes, why this one?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It seems like it. My disc also has the painful sound quality problem. I'm hoping to get a replacement, but I don't know if that'll fix it or not.
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    I'm yet to watch Into the Fire. I hope there ain't any problems... I've had my share of problems with The Babylon Project. ;)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I also found the video quality of ITF to be lacking as compared to other shows. It's almost as if they had to reconstruct that episode from back-up stock. Althought that doesn't really explain the bad sound.

Jake
    So it's like that for all copies then? I guess getting a replacement wouldn't fix anything then. Why the hell would that episode be different?
  • ZodiacZodiac Earthforce Officer
    I remember reading something about the transfer from standard to widescreen being a problem. Not all of the episodes had copies of all of their scenes saved in widescreen format. In order to get the correct aspect, they had to zoom in on a 4:3 image.

Sound, on the other hand, may have been and issue during the transfer to digital from analog. Listening to the audio sounds like there was a lot of rebuilding of the tracks.
    Yeah, I knew about why it looks grainy at times (though it gets better with each new season it seems), and that's also the reason why you can't see the whole subliminal message in the Psi Corps commercial in "And Now For A Word". I can actually accept that, though it's unfortunete, but I don't get why the sound on "Into the Fire" would be like that. Maybe I'll hunt down Joeseph DeMartino and see what he says.:D