Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The Simpsons movie

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4867252.stm[/URL]

Comments

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Why? Judging by the past too many years of the show, it's going to suck hard.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Level of suckiness has no relevence to the "why?" question. How much money they can make out of it does, and by a strange conincience is also the answer.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I used to love the Simpsons, but ever since I started watching Family Guy I lost interest. While it could be argued that FG ripped the Simpsons off in many respects, FG has been way funnier as of late (without going overboard like South Park).
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The Simpsons *are* mainstream America. And while we may not like them, it's the sad truth that most of America does. I feel they've gotten quite boring over the last ten seasons, and have not tuned in with the intention of watching it since season 14. Family Guy was the perfect thing at the perfect time. It came along and gave us an innovative presentation of the traditional sitcom that has yet to be surpassed, with just the right elements in place to make it work. On a related note, American Dad showed us that the same exact formula, but with mild character variations, results in far less satisfaction.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    The latest Simpsons episodes on Sky One have been poor imo. They'd really need to upthe standard for a big screen movie.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    First, I'm hoping the movie will be one big last hurra for the end of the series (15 years is plenty long).

Second, has anyone noticed that as of late, the Simpsons has been taking cues from Family Guy? Such as holding jokes and scenes just a bit too long. Or the parody of My Fair Lady with willy?

Jake