Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Relations with Islamic minorities?

2»

Comments

• TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    On Israel:

Un Resolution 181 I believe divided the land into an arab/muslim and jewish state. However the arab nations including the palestinians flat out rejected the UN resolution, and kicked off a war, immediatly attempting to sieze all the lands that would be part of the jewish state, and then basicly present the UN with [I]fiat acompli[/I] establishment of a unified islamic palestinian state. Unfortuatly for them (and to the suprise of EVERYONE) the New born israeli nation was full of fight after the events of the holocost. Israel basicly routed the islamic armies and pushed em back to what is now the current borders of Israel.

[I]This wikipedia article has a good map of what 181 gave to whom[/I]

The problem is many in the european and american left, believe that what the palestinians and arabs want is a return to the borders of resolution 181, unfortunatly most of the groups have been quite clear that their goal is a continuation of the campaign of 1948, and the elimination of Israel.

As for the dependance on foreign oil, heck yes that needs to be cut, first of all cut all usage of oil and coal for electricity, get it from other sources, then use that coal to make oil, that shift alone would drasticly cut down on the US dependance for foreign oil, cause weve got ALOT of coal. Thats something that we could easily achive in 20 or 30 years, while at the same time working on totaly displacing oil from the transportation industry.

Last but not least, in regards to the Turks being on our side. Turkey is now ruled by the Justice and Development Party, which despite its catchy name, is a pretty strong islamic party. While it professes secularism, it has a strong overly religious wing to it, and its yet to seen if that wing will dominate

Think of it like the US republican party, if the republican party had even more baptists, and less country club types, and then you can see the potential problems.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    As for the dependance on foreign oil, heck yes that needs to be cut, first of all cut all usage of oil and coal for electricity, get it from other sources, then use that coal to make oil, that shift alone would drasticly cut down on the US dependance for foreign oil, cause weve got ALOT of coal. Thats something that we could easily achive in 20 or 30 years, while at the same time working on totaly displacing oil from the transportation industry.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

An important point on the American coal reserves. There are many coal fields in the US that currently sit unused due to high sulfer content. In process which turns coal into petroluem-like sustance, the sulfer is not ulitized. Therefore there are a large number of formerly productive coal fields that are current out of production that could be easily put back into service. The only thing that has inhibitied the process so far is the cost of conversion, which is still a bit higher that petroleum cost (but that difference is shrinking).

Sure it's still a fossil fuel, but at least it's our fossil fuel...

Jake
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    i recall reading an article somewhere about vast gas hydrate (i think it was) in canada, enough to last for a considerable number of years. the major problem as i remember it was accessing it.