Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Anyone play/played Descent III?

HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
Well, if you did, just thought I'd spam my mod for it... Ahem... Well, it's not the kind of mod you'd expect for such a game. It's based on a set of levels called "Hyperspace" which I first released 3 years ago, though it takes it to a whole new level... The levels themselves were kind of inspired by Babylon 5 and EVE, plus some other weird combination of games. It's certainly strange to actually have a FPS game turned into a space-shooter. Anyhow, you can download the trailer for this mod right here. Just look for "Basewars Trailer" :D Also I know it looks old, but the engine is 8 years old now with no source code release, so it's kinda restricted (as opposed to the FS2 engine)

Comments

• JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Hey that's pretty cool!

;)

Wish I had Descent III...

:p

Looks like it has a Zinistar look and feel to it...

Are the layered 3 dimensional nebula part of the engine or an effect you guys added?

How much of the effects are dependent upon your video card and stuff...

Curious...

Looks fun!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Heh, they are just textures. The way D3 saturates them and the positioning makes them look 3D. Although, 3D nebulas do work, it's just too much work. D3 is actually an FPS, and although the terrain (fusion) side of the engine supports terrain and starfields, it doesn't elapse 360 degrees. It's just a clever trick, creating an illusion of space. Everything in there is what the original engine can do.

Hmm... the earlier Hyperspace levels were quite playable on earlier systems. Basewars should run fine on a system 2-3 years old. But, the poly count is high in places - Which isn't a problem, but the lighting is, as D3 hogs tons of resources for lighting (though it does have very nice lighting effects). The problem with D3 is compatibility, some cards don't support it so well.
  • MelkorMelkor Elite Ranger
    Lol.. Lessee.. I saw a Scorpion, a Kestral, a Merlin, a Cormorant, and a Ferox. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a Caldari fan.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Very true :D