Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Moving

I just got home after helping my brother move from Baltimore back to the Pittsburgh area. I was simply amazed at how much crap two twenty-somethings have. Now I'm all scratched up and sore. Helping people move is the worst.

But, I have my brother back... and he bought us a steak dinner. ;)

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've just moved out of my parents home and into a flat in Aberdeen for Uni. OMG i have so much shit! And I didnt even bring half of my stuff in to the new flat!:rolleyes:
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Hehe, I can't wait until we have to move in 6 months to a year. 6 years married, 5 years in the same house and a baby all add up to mucho crapo to move.

It is amazing how much crap we've accumlated that will have to be moved, even more amazing is how much crap we've accumulated that we don't ever use!

Jake
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I've found the best way to move, just set fire to your old place, saves all that lugging crap that you dont really need around,

of course, the jailtime is a pain, but you know, it is free room and board...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Entil'Zha [/i]
    [B]I've found the best way to move, just set fire to your old place, saves all that lugging crap that you dont really need around,

of course, the jailtime is a pain, but you know, it is free room and board... [/B][/QUOTE]

We did that with my old house =P
    Seriously though, i HATE moving, when we moved back to Maine from NYC, ugh,packing up that huge U-Haul, all that stuff, driving it 500+ miles, UGH UGH UGH, i hate it.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Moving is terrible. I've done it so many times, but for the past two full years, I've been living in a wonderful apartment in Rochester. I abandoned the concept of relocating after getting very upset by it each and every single time I jumped.
    Unless a really great aparetment falls into my lap (as almost happened last year) i'm staying in the apartment that in im in now until we buy a house.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Wow, I am one of the few people who enjoy moving then =P
  • I'm pretty nomadic I'd do just fine on the Mongolian steppes. Ya know shepperding sheep, riding a horse, popping my yurt up.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    you just wanted to say "popping my yurt up" didnt you?

The house is in a swamp, so its like the scene in "the holy grail", you know all like build a house sinks into the swamp. build a second one. That sinks into the swamp. build a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up.

guess its not technicly moving really

and its mostly not a swamp, just 6 months of the year its fairly swampy...
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]It is amazing how much crap we've accumlated that will have to be moved, even more amazing is how much crap we've accumulated that we don't ever use![/B][/QUOTE]And if you throw those away you're soon going to need something you threw away.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]Wow, I am one of the few people who enjoy moving then =P [/B][/QUOTE] You're that exception which approves rule.

And next you're propably going to offer help when someone is moving...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]And if you throw those away you're soon going to need something you threw away.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's the exact thing that drove me to become a packrat. :P
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I hate moving. It takes a lot to get me to do it.

The move last year about killed me. The prior year to that of clearing out and sorting 12 years of pack rat into several piles ( you know... don't need, want to keep but really can't, and absolutely must drag across country).

The ends definately justified the means, but that don't mean I enjoyed it...

:p

No more moving... it's evil...

;)
  • Yesterday my brother told me (while we were sitting in the middle of his livingroom, surrounded by all of his unpacked boxes) that he wants to move again in a year! *Facesmack*

Might as well leave it in storage until they buy a house! Reminds me of that George Carlin routine about how people need bigger and bigger houses for all of their "stuff."
    "A place for my Stuff" may be one of the best comedy bits ever, because its so flipping true.