Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

I need a camera

ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
I need a digital camera, and it needs to be dirt cheap. I'd love a DSLR, but I really can't afford a Digital Rebel XTi (or, you know, even food), and I need a basic camera that can take decent enough pictures for eBay auctions and the like (so, needs to be better than the utterly worthless camera on my obsolete Nokia 6600). Any suggestions? Cheap camera's probably impossible, but I figured I might as well ask.

Comments

• DaxDax Redshirt
    I really like my Nikon coolpix S3...
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    And I really like long walks on the beach and [i]not starving to death[/i]. It's just not working out between us.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arethusa [/i]
    [B]And I really like long walks on the beach and [i]not starving to death[/i]. It's just not working out between us. [/B][/QUOTE]

awww ! :P
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The Canon IXY line is very nice, and as I recall is their cheap line. I'm not sure [i]how[/i] cheap, though... Also, the low end of the PowerShot A## series could be a good choice.
    Yeah, the older Powershots aren't bad, though their longevity is a bit iffy. Friend of mine has had one for a few years and the sensor's been dying for a while now.

I doubt I can afford a new one, though, even if it is old. Mainly, I'm hoping someone here'll have an old one he or she doesn't want anymore.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    try a Sony P-7 or P-9 Cybershot

Aside from the proprietary battery, ( which isnt that expensive anyways), its a great camera.

I have one, they are top of the line Sony as of a few years ago. Just make sure you get Sony memory sticks that are pre 'pro' and you'll be a happy camper.

They go on Ebay for sub $100.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Those are fairly ancient, SB. As much as you may like them, a newer camera could be had for roughly the same price with an improved feature set. I also wouldn't suggest anybody else get stuck into the Sony memory stick format. kind of a pain in the ass.

I also put my vote of support in for the PowerShots. They're fantastic cameras, for the most part, and can be had for fairly cheap.
    How cheap? My budget is kind of unforgiving here. The whole reason I need one is so I can sell things on eBay to not starve. An (even mildly) expensive camera is fairly self defeating, in that respect.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    I love my fuji finepix Excellent picture quality.
    Go get yourself one of those "disposable" digital cameras, and look up on the web how to wire it up so it's no longer disposable.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rogue Trader [/i]
    [B]I love my fuji finepix Excellent picture quality. [/B][/QUOTE]

You beat me to the punch, I've both a Cannon EOS 20d DSLR, and a Fuji Finepix S3000, the Finepix is about 2 years old, a 3.2 mp, and many times i think its photos are better than the DSLR, which cost me a little over 10x as much.

My daughter also has a 3.2 MP fuji A series, and it takes great shots.
    So, you don't want the 20D, then? Wink wink nudge nudge?
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    why not grab one of those disposables and just get digital prints from wallgreens or something. Maybe 25 bucks out of pocket on the first run, then save up some money for a camera you really want.

We have 2 digitals now, the Nikon D50 DLSR and a Nikon Coolpix 4300. The coolpix is a decent little camera, I use it for a lot of gruntwork now, mostly just taking pictures of things I bill my customers for later.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpiritOne [/i]
    [B]why not grab one of those disposables and just get digital prints from wallgreens or something. Maybe 25 bucks out of pocket on the first run, then save up some money for a camera you really want.[/B][/QUOTE]

I like my idea better. :p
  • I got a wal mart special

Samsung Digimax A503 5 megapixal at 100 dollars , works good for Ebay stuff and things. Movies are good too. I got an extra memory card , so I can take many pics at high res or a 15 min movie.

O don't forget rechargable batteries and a charger , radio shack an adiitional 20 bucks.