Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galileo -- October 1977 - September 21 2003

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
Just saying fairwell to one of the best bloody space probes we ever made....

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Maybe itll come back someday in the future in search for its creators, no?
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Maybe itll come back someday in the future in search for its creators, no? [/B][/QUOTE]

And annihilate the whole human race or enslave it and build a paradise for all things machine. Bwuahjahhahahahahahahah.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    ahhh fellas... isnt Galieo the one they are going to pile drive into Jupiter ?

no coming back from a swan dive into a gas giant..:D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Twue.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B]Maybe itll come back someday in the future in search for its creators, no? [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn, I was going to say that... :p

Regards,
    Morden
  • *High pitched scream*
    *Watches Galileo plow into the gas giant*

ohhhhhhhhhhh..ahhhhhhhhhhh...

:D
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    Or maybe the plutonium cylinders in the RTG’s of Galileo may act as Implosion Weapons and a fission to fusion "trigger" that will ignite the gas giant and we'll end up with binary system. In order to survive on Earth, humanity will have to genetically modify itself, until one day we look like Greys, who discover time travel, and who come back in time to warn their ancestors not to ignite Jupiter, but we all think they're aliens and ignore them.

Or not.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Randy [/i]
    [B]Or maybe the plutonium cylinders in the RTG’s of Galileo may act as Implosion Weapons and a fission to fusion "trigger" that will ignite the gas giant and we'll end up with binary system. In order to survive on Earth, humanity will have to genetically modify itself, until one day we look like Greys, who discover time travel, and who come back in time to warn their ancestors not to ignite Jupiter, but we all think they're aliens and ignore them.

Or not. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol! that sounds similar to 'the saga of seven suns' by kevin j. anderson! anyone read them? great stuff! cant wait for 3rd book
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]lol! that sounds similar to 'the saga of seven suns' by kevin j. anderson! anyone read them? great stuff! cant wait for 3rd book [/B][/QUOTE]

Everyone hates the Dune prequels by him and Brian Herbert, but I loved 'em, and I've found his New Jedi Order books to be fairly good as well, so I'll have to buy it.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Randy [/i]
    [B]Or maybe the plutonium cylinders in the RTG’s of Galileo may act as Implosion Weapons and a fission to fusion "trigger" that will ignite the gas giant and we'll end up with binary system. In order to survive on Earth, humanity will have to genetically modify itself, until one day we look like Greys, who discover time travel, and who come back in time to warn their ancestors not to ignite Jupiter, but we all think they're aliens and ignore them.

Or not. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well hey, you never know. :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    The reason they are planning to drive the craft into Jupiter is so that there is no chance its crashes into Europa and contaminates any possible life there with earth-born bacteria.

Jake
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    [IMG]http://mars-news.de/verboten2010.jpg[/IMG]

:p
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    ooh, I haven't watched 2010 in a while, think I will tonight...

:)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I finally saw that recently. Great movie!
  • PhiPhi <font color=#FF0000>C</font><font color=#FF9900>o</font><font color=#FFFF00>l</font><font color=#00F
    There's a movie of 2010? I've got to find that! Does it have more satelites orbiting to Classical music or does it actually make sense like the book did? :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Everyone hates the Dune prequels by him and Brian Herbert, but I loved 'em, and I've found his New Jedi Order books to be fairly good as well, so I'll have to buy it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought they all great! The Jihad books arent bad either.

@Phi: lol! the film does make sense. Its got roy sheider in it, so in my book its great!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phi [/i]
    [B]There's a movie of 2010? I've got to find that! Does it have more satelites orbiting to Classical music or does it actually make sense like the book did? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Not only does it make sense right off, but it also makes sense of 2001 :D
    Wow, that's quite an achievement. :)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Not only does it make sense right off, but it also makes sense of 2001 :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes for those easily confused, watch 2010, then 2001. Now on the other hand, if just like to see bright colors...

Actually, while 2010 makes better sense than 2001, I was a bit dissappointed in it. 2001 worked very hard to be a physiclly accurate as possible (i.e. no sound in space). 2010 seemed to give up on that some to make a more glossy, hollywood sci-fi movie.

Jake
  • I think it was good to get rid of that probe before the scheduled launch of the next generation global positioning system, also named as Galileo late in 2004. Just in case someone would mix up these two different projects.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    scaramouche, scaramouche, can you do the fandango ?

[SIZE=1]sorry...[/SIZE]
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    [SIZE=3]THUNDER AND LIGHTNING,
    VERY VERY FRIGHTENING![/SIZE]

Now see what you've started?
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Galileo,galileo,
    Galileo galileo
    Galileo figaro-magnifico-

if it makes anybody feel any better, at my friends wedding during the pictures with the whole wedding party in it, infront of everyone we sang the entire piece.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    ... I can't beleive you live in the same city as I do.

But I finally got my hair cut!
    same city, heck we go to the same school!

watch out Croxis Im lurking in the bushes! BUWAHAHAHA

or not, mainly the cafateria, or the library, or the computer labs in Shattock hall.. but yeah, BUSHES!
    SO how was your first day of school?
    It was okay, nothing stellar, it went as usual, meaning lots of boredom :)

how was your first day at our glorious institution of knowledge?
    other than getting lost, being bored in my 3 hour break between classes, and waisting $130 on the wrong text book I can't return, not bad.
    Welcome to PSU, in regards to the situation there, well, drinking heavily is highly recomended.

Seriously though the campus is demented in its lay out, and worse yet the numbering scheme internal to the buildings was thought up by a confirmed sadist im sure.

About the break, best just to read your texts then and hang out in the park blocks or the cafateria, after a while when you have built up a healthy amount of friends on campus, one of them will wander by eventualy and you can distract yourself by pestering them.

thats what I usualy do, Im the freaky guy pouring over a chinese dictionary, and either staring into space with a distracted look on my face (while Im pondering the mysteries of chinese grammer structures) or looking around desperatly for a distraction.
    The numbering system used in our engineering building is great. It only has one flaw: it's so logical (as you would expect from engineers) that noone outside engineering can understand it.