Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

minor TMoS news

2»

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    All the really good ones. :) He directed the one where Sheridan is captured, for example.

I would most prefer to see Vejar direct it. I'd like to see what he could do with a movie.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Mike Vejar'S episodes
    [list]
    [*]2.3 "Geometry of Shadows, The"
    [*]2.14 "There All the Honor Lies"
    [*]2.21 "Comes the Inquisitor"
    [*]3.2 "Convictions"
    [*]3.8 "Messages From Earth"
    [*]3.13 "Late Delivery from Avalon, A"
    [*]3.14 "Ship of Tears"
    [*]3.16 "War Without End, Part 1"
    [*]3.17 "War Without End, Part 2"
    [*]4.13 "Rumors, Bargains and Lies"
    [*]4.15 "No Surrender, No Retreat"
    [*]4.17 "Face of the Enemy, The"
    [*]5.3 "Paragon of Animals, The"
    [*]5.14 "Meditations on the Abyss"
    [*]"Babylon 5: In the Beginning"
    [*]"Babylon 5: A Call to Arms"
    [*]"Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight"
    [/list]
    [URL=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0892144/]imdb credits[/URL]
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]Uh, this may sound crazy, but how about Jonathan Franks? directed the second best trek film? Eh?
    [/B][/QUOTE]

He also directed Insurrection.

Worf
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akrovah [/i]
    [B]Uh, this may sound crazy, but how about Jonathan Franks? directed the second best trek film? Eh?

Actually, can anyone name some of the episodes that vejar did? I haven't followed who directed which episodes. [/B][/QUOTE]
    He also directed "The Thunderbirds", which I haven't seen, but has received some of the worst reviews I've heard this year. Ebert & Roeper both put it on their Worst of the Year list with The Olsen Twins New York movie.
    I'd like to see Vejar get it, if they go with new blood, depending on how Mirrormask looks, I'd like to see Dave McKean get it, he has a cool visual style. You can see it in a lot of Neil Gaiman's work.
    Dug
  • ok, you sold me with Comes the Inquisitor.

Insurrection fell victim to the curse of odd number trek films, of which it is one of the better ones.

Thunderbirds is supposed to be campy and silly (I to have yet to see it), the original show was. And most critics, as a rule it seems, do not like campy.
    Well that's just the problem with it... it's more like "Thunderbirds Kids" than the original thunderbirds.
  • The Cabl3 GuyThe Cabl3 Guy Elite Ranger
    what is "campy" exactly?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]what is "campy" exactly? [/B][/QUOTE]

It's your answer to the other thread about what the hell is going wrong with this world! :p :D
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    It would be good to get a fresh view of the B5 universe through a directors eyes that hasn't touched it before.

Otherwise there may be the risk of "just a long episode" syndrome that has happened with some other TV-to-Movie creations (IMHO).
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Frakes isn't bad actually but he does seem to have hit an own goal with the Thunderbirds film. Cost $50m to make and only pulled in $5m in opening weekend. So I was told anyway. I dunno how well he would transfer over to the B5 universe though. Would be interesting.

Vejar also did some cracking eps for the last season of DS9. He directed a few that had excellent battles in, were really dramatic. Thankfully he had nothing to do with the rubbish last ep though.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Hell, he worked on such series as the original mission:impossible (though not as director), Hulk, Magnum, The A-Team, McGyver, TNG, the 80s Mission: Impossible, DS9, X-Files, etc...

I mean.. [SIZE=12][color=red][b]The A-Team!!!!![/b][/color][/SIZE]
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
    *JackN fears the return of the FO A-Team picture...*

:eek:
    Even a good director can't make a good movie with bad material.
    Heee I can just imagine Garibaldi say "You crazy fool!! I ain't gettin on no damn Whitestar!!" :D
    [img]http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/images/firstones.jpg[/img]
    * JackN's fears realized..." :eek: :rolleyes:
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    Hahaha.

I still say I should be the person with Jack's name over it. :)
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Oh sure, make ME the woman...
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr_Bester [/i]
    [B]He also directed "The Thunderbirds", which I haven't seen, but has received some of the worst reviews I've heard this year. Ebert & Roeper both put it on their Worst of the Year list with The Olsen Twins New York movie.
    I'd like to see Vejar get it, if they go with new blood, depending on how Mirrormask looks, I'd like to see Dave McKean get it, he has a cool visual style. You can see it in a lot of Neil Gaiman's work.
    Dug [/B][/QUOTE]

Thunderbirds or not, I actually rather like Frakes directing style, i wouldn't mind seeing him do TMOS at all, However, i also wouldn't mind seeing JMS himself direct it, OR Mike "You've been" Vejar(d)
  • RambieRambie Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]what is "campy" exactly? [/B][/QUOTE]

Check out what wikipedia says: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp[/url]
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [quote]Adjective

1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities; "they played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect"; "campy Hollywood musicals of the 1940's".

Synonym: Campy
    Synonym: camp (adj)[/quote]
    [url]http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/english/ca/campy.html[/url]