Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Yushchenko Poisoned With Dioxin

2»

Comments

• An ex-SquidAn ex-Squid Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]Yea dioxin (agent orange from vietnam) is what killed my uncle. Gave him skin cancer for the rest of his life, then last year lymphoma. Shitty stuff. [/B][/QUOTE] That's what has caused most (if not all) of my dad's health problems.

What's really ridiculous is that until 2001 the bureaucrats in Washington kept saying he was "never in an area where Agent Orange was used"; obviously, none of those idiots had ever been "in-country" during that time, or they would've known that it was used in and around every base camp, fire base, airfield, and supply facility in South Vietnam (Agent Orange was then the only effective way to keep vegetation from growing in and around those facilities; sure, they could've sent Seabees or Army engineers out with bulldozers, but that would've meant running the risk of Viet Cong sniper attacks or running over land mines which were made largely of wood or were command-detonated and thus were damned hard to find and destroy). Not only that, he was stationed at the Long Binh supply depot, which was the main supply base for all of South Vietnam and the main in-theater storage site for Agent Orange.

Nonetheless, the VA has been treating his medical problems since 1977 (thanks to a VA ER doctor who also happened to be an Army Reserve colonel with a fair amount of "pull" in the right places). :rolleyes:
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    No such luck for my uncle. Got his first skin cancer a year after he was back from Nam. Damn beaurocrats wouldnt do anything for him (he was in the first air cav). Then couple years ago he got lymphoma, died within a year... Seems the government would like to just pretend it didnt happen, and let them die... :( pisses me off
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Darwinism should really be applied to politicians and leaders, I would really like to see day when those who lie and try to slip away from responsibility would be "removed from gene-pool".
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]Darwinism should really be applied to politicians and leaders, I would really like to see day when those who lie and try to slip away from responsibility would be "removed from gene-pool". [/B][/QUOTE] :D
  • Yeah, I knew that KGB lackey, Putin, would show his warm fuzzy side sooner or later...