Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Are there any people here from 98/99?

Just curious....

How many people are still here from 98/99?

Does anyone remember when Firstones sprung out of the joint collaboration between the web-page FAQ and Lorien's gaming network? Hell, does anyone know what happened to his network of gaming sites?

I know it sorta came out of Tech-base (the starcraft site) and it left us around 2000. I think Gunfire (the early admin came from tech-base) but i don't know what happened to any of, pardon the expression, firstones.

Was anyone here in the large ICQ chats Drazi guy and i created when we tried to figure out what to do? What happened to you guys?

I honestly don't remember what name i posted under, i was in 7th grade (now i'm about to graduate from college) but is anyone from then on here? I went through the archives and found a contest i won on the site in Jan of 99, are any of you guys still around?

I'm on the verge of entering a lawschool and was just thinking back to my youth. Anyone know anything about any of these people?

Sorry for the godawful stream of conciseness post, but how else can i ask question after question?

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    :vorlon: Welcome Back :vorlon:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Are there any people here from 98/99?

Still here!

Drazi Guy was claimed by Real LifeTM a few years ago. Lorien still checks in from time to time. His last post was a couple of months ago.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IBjr [/i]
    [B]Sorry for the godawful stream of conciseness post, but how else can i ask question after question? [/B][/QUOTE]

With a bullet list! ;)
  • IBjrIBjr Trainee
    I was shocked this was still here.
    It shocks me too! Flabbergasted even! We still have some Vorlons around as well. Jack frequents here and every now and then one of the others pop by.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Like the saying goes. I have always been here. Even if I go into the shadows for some time every few years.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I joined in 2000 :)
  • even though I registered back in 02, posted once, and only posted like 19 times in the past 4 months, I was registered to the old Sierra ITF forums and posted quite a bit over there.

So yeah, I guess I am from '99 :P
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I was a lurker at the Sierra boards. Never gathered enough courage to post..
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Been here, done that. Didn't get the t-shirt.
  • I need to post something to see when I registered ->
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I lurked for about 4 months before joining in early 2000. Think I kept an eye on the Sierra Boards then found this place.

Can't keep a good community down! :)
  • Still here. :)

WATERCOOLER!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    *test*
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    woohoo... (sorta) I totally forgot when I joined. Call me class of 1999, (lurker from Early Dec 1999)
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    Second acount here.... joined the madness in 1999...
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    It's been almost 9 years ago now...

damn...

:D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyco [/i]
    [B]Second acount here.... joined the madness in 1999... [/B][/QUOTE]

And youve had the same avatar since ages.. ;)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Only 2000 for me :(
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'm a post cancellation guy also. It was strange, one fine day in July of 2000, I just happened to say to myself[i]"Hmm, wouldn't it be cool is someone made a space sim based on B5.[/i] A few short searches later, and I stumbled upon this place. Of course, much to my dismay, I found that the idea of a B5 sim had already come and gone.

And I have been hear ever since. It's the first page I check every morning.

You know it would be interesting to know how many web-based communities have come and gone in the time we've been here, especially those as small as this one.

Jake
  • I had an account at sierra forums for ITF...*Sigh*

I miss the anticipation of waiting for ITF..
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I had an account on the Sierra ITF forums, Used to follow daily to see what was going on, when there would be a release, when the demo would be out... exciting times those were...

Registered here in 99.
    I had an account as well I think. Came over less than 24 hours after the announcement.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Still here. :)
  • Lurked from 99 till around 02 I even got a greeting from Argone when I joined. :/
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by croxis [/i]
    [B]I had an account as well I think. Came over less than 24 hours after the announcement. [/B][/QUOTE]

i still vividally remember you telling me about....what happened :(
  • [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/parsimonious/cats/invisible.jpg[/IMG]

such a long time and yet i never forgot my password for this account (which makes it special because if i dont log into accounts fairly often the passwords stored in my brain decide get replaced with unimportant information of various kinds) :rolleyes:
  • heh...I still remember my first post here...

"Well, I MADe it..."
  • Thanks for the memories guys got a feeling Firstones will be the only family I'll ever have. *sheds tear*
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Indeed, I have always been here. And according to any server data, I always have! I may not have been active on the various iterations of the Sierra forums, but I was there!

And yes, I was involved in those chats. In fact, I suspect I have a few logs contained deep within my old icq databases.
    Looks like Sanfam should do some deep probing then