Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

www.babylon5.com reopened!

Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
Well, [url]www.babylon5.com[/url] reopened! ;)

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Yuck
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Not the best design but its a refresh. Darn it the trailer is not up yet!! Got some new desktops to try though :)
    Wow just from looking at the small images in the Gallery section, the new station model looks stunning!!!
    Oh and there's a myspace page up now as well:

[url]http://www.myspace.com/184721956[/url]

Check out the 3rd video, it looks new to me, never seen it before. Its got a nice voice over from G'Kar. Doesn't seem like the whole thing though, kinda stops short.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Wow, that front trailer for B5 is astonishingly bad.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Sockpuppeteering eh?
    Sure is, I mean have they not heard of Flash Video Encoder? I could do better than that.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    G'Kars head looks pretty funny at the end there ;)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I believe that video is the low-res version of the opening sequence shown at that convention a few months ago.

No idea why it's up. As far as I know, the final version had been completed back then, so its an open question why they're still showing the rough cut.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Damn those images of the new model station look fracking awesome!! Absolutely beautiful!

Edit: Just as an aside, do you reckon if TLT goes really well and they commission more, might we see something about Marcus?
    Well, depends how Lost they want to go with The Lost Tales. In the books and short stories, we've seen the Shadow attack where his brother was killed, and his eventual revivification, which are the two most obvious places to do a Marcus story.

So they could either adapt one of those (or totally ignore them and do a new take on the subject), or they could do a story set during the run of the show where he could appear (I still have my fingers crossed to see what it was going on with the data crystal hidden inside the dead cat).
  • that third video was too intense, I couldn't watch the beginning.

Did the totally redo the....end....with modern CGI?
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    [quote]Damn those images of the new model station look fracking awesome!! Absolutely beautiful![/quote]

Is the model from the trailer which is up. If so, Fabio did a great job....
    [QUOTE=Seafroggys;161234]
    Did the totally redo the....end....with modern CGI?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that sequence is a complete re-creation. It doesn't quite explode the same way.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-kWFY0DPcE[/url]
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I need to get home to a PC with a [SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"][B]FRACKING SOUND CARD!!!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    Darn it we need an uncut version. It amazes me that this was never leaked when it was shown at that comic con.
    OMGOMGOMG THE TRAILER IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it looks stunning! Oh boy oh boy!!!
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    I have to say that the most impressive scene from the trailer is the final shot of Sheridan in the Starfury. I've been waiting so long for a shot like that; it's glad to see that they can do the virtual cockpit with a real actor composited into the shot without having to keep the camera locked down.

Great stuff.
    Yeah it sure is. It actually looks real and as you say not using the locked position camera just makes it so much better.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Frack that trailer looks awesome! Those CGI shots are incredible, I cant wait to see what they've done inside the station especially
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    *whimper* We need a bigger version!

Is there a more complete version of this: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-kWFY0DPcE[/url]

It seems cut off
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    What Croxis said.

Worf
  • mmmm *imagines central hydroponics gardens*
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    All I can say is ...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Bigger! Ahhhh!
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [Spoiler]YAY! WARLOCKS!!! [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYgioi0nRQc&mode=related&search="]Small spoiler.[/URL]
    I want a download of that trailer (highres) :D :D
    Yup 1080p or nothin :d
    Btw here's the background image from the myspace page:

[url]http://216.70.73.116/babylon5/myspace/babylonbg-high.jpg[/url]

You can see more of the detail on the station. Looks much more "mechanical" imo.