Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lucid Dreaming

2»

Comments

• JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    All I can think now that I just woke from this dream is WTF WAS THAT ABOUT?

First I start hearing the theme from Murder She Wrote. Then I see Jessica Fletcher trying to convince a burn victim to stay in the hospital and she gets out anyway. (I think) What happens next is I get a full shot of the burn victim with their clothes off. EWWW. Then I'm First Person in a car that seems to following an ambulance blood splatters the windshield.

Then in a rush the car is chasing the ambulance hits another car and Jessica Fletcher ends up decapitated. The next part was in a strange order I forget which came first maybe they were simultaneous. But their are people coming out of the street and then im First Person from a stage or something and I'm going up and down the stage finally some people pop out from the sides and follow me down and we take a left and their are people wearing strange hats.

All of a sudden I'm talking to someone they say they have 2 hours and then I ask how long do I have? 25 minutes...Do I live? Oh you'll go on...Then I see isometrically a huge ER with bodies on the ground everywhere and I'm apparently losing blood. (I could taste the blood in my mouth) And I'm screaming help! Help! I want it back!

When I woke up I wasn't scared just totally relieved to be okay. But it hasn't been 25 minutes yet
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    The four stage thing is kind of right, only that you can dream in stages one, two AND three no matter how you categorize them. Stage four is the worst, because it's the deepest form of sleep and being woken from it can seriously disturb your mind briefly (which is why nightmares are so powerful). Deep sleep takes about 1-2 hours to enter I believe. Typically, if you don't sleep much at night and find you are exhausted, this is because you are waking up too soon. Also, if you ever feel the need to take a daytime nap, sleep for 20-30 minutes only. It will regenerate your feeling without the added baggage of feeling like you just went ten rounds with a boxer. Taking long naps can make you more tired than when you began. Also sleeping too long can make you feel very tired and weak in the morning.

Many people try to experiment with lucid dreaming, and it's not for everyone. The stages between the waking world and the dreaming world can be very disturbing such as seeing mysterious anomalies and objects, people or scenarios in front of your eyes as if they were really there in your room with you. Some people experience (if not all at some point) the shutdown process where your body shuts down, but your mind remains aware. This feels like millions of needles/electric spikes running through your body, and it literally feels like your about to die or something. This is often complemented with loud noises that can only be described as a kind of high pitched noise from something you'd hear out of a sci-fi movie. Most people shake themselves awake at this point, and then go back into the regular process before sleep (the one where you don't know you just went to sleep like a baby!) - But not fighting this feeling can lead into lucid dreaming. If you see objects in your room, for example a giant spider on your pillow, it will look as real as the real-est spider you've ever seen and your instinct will be to run away and get out of bed/leap away. But if you stare at this object, go deeper into it, you will be able to enter lucid dreaming or something like it.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    I've generally seen my dreams as entertainment for an odd 20 years or so now. I haven't had a real nightmare I could speak of, since I usually rationalize my way out of them quite succesfully or face whatever's chasing me (the most usual scenario of all my not-so-nice dreams) at some point. My favourite was the one where I was slowly followed by an elderly dead lady clad completely in white who, I'm sure, tried to kill me. At some point I thought "What's the point of running?", materialized a large kitchen knife on my right hand and attacked the granny. Pro-age for me all the way! :D

Also, I developed a method as a kid that allowed me to wake myself up if I didn't like a particular dream, so if I don't like something, I can wake myself up and then just plummet back into another one. The "downside" is that I seem to wake up dozens of times during the night instead of sleeping right through. I can describe it as hopping through layers, all of which are different dreams. Reduces the quality of my sleep, but disperses the nightmares and also, if I wake up, gives me a window of roughly a minute to fall back asleep into the same dream.

About lucid dreams; I've had two or three. It usually strikes me as a feeling if I'm in a situation I know I would never be in my real life. If I start to doubt that I could end up in the position where I am in my dream, I'm able to conclude that I'm dreaming, so I know that I'm in a "simulated" world that ends soon after = I can do whatever I want without consequence. I usually end up harassing women or killing people. Fun. :) My favourite one took place in a public swimming hall, where I calmly marched to the women's sauna, froze the gals and had some fun. ^^ 'tis fun to let go of the inhibitions that make you human when you know there are no repercussions.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Me too learned to wake up from dreams I didn't like as a kid. Somehow I relized it was a dream so I just tried to open my eyes until I woke up. The dream kept on going until I had my eyes open. Havn't had a nightmare in ages so hasn't done it in a long time.

Last night I had this interresting dream that I had ants in my bed so I woke up and was about to get out of bed and the relized it was just dream and I wanted to sleep some more, as soon as I fell back to sleep I again woke up because I thought the ants were real again.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I remember the dream I had last night.
    First it started with me being in bed, and there's this huge bug on my ceiling, it was big enough to wrap your fingers around, but smaller than your fist, and at first I thought it was a giant fly, and then I realized it was some kind of huge bee, and I spent a while trying to think of how to get rid of it, and also making sure not to move too much so that it wouldn't notice me. Eventually I forced myself to wake up from that and I was glad when I woke up and didn't see some huge mutant wasp on my ceiling.
    I dreamt a little more after that, but the only one I really remember is me riding my bike along some road in out in the woods (a normal paved road), and suddenly there's some yellow school bus that comes behind me, and for whatever reason, I decide to get in it's way a bit, but try not to be too obvious about it, but then it drives in front of me and stops. I think I walked up to it because I remember seeing the people in the bus, all adults, and bigfoot in the back left seat, while the bus driver is yelling at me. After he's done yelling at me, I go back to my bike and just stand by it, and then the guy starts driving off, then he does this crazy move like I do in GTA where the front part pretty much stays still, but the back part arcs toward me super fast and stops about two feet in front of me, but I'm not scared or shocked or anything, just pissed.
    So then the bus driver and I start yelling at eachother some more, and I seem to remember that there was no one on the bus anymore, except bigfoot in the same place, and he's glaring right at me. I seem to remember the bus flipping over for some reason too, but that's all.
    Just a typical dream for me!
    Well I had a strange one just now. I was in my bed trying to wake up (which has happened before) I felt a presence like somebody fighting with me and it was painful. Then in the dream I get up go upstairs fast like and try to open the back door accept there is door after door, after door. Finally I give up go out the front door and sit on the stairs out front. And I'm in something of a panic overcame me and I was just staring from the stairs when I finally woke up.

I'm guessing it had to do with my dad saying hes kicking us out by selling the house. I definitely felt psychotic in the dream though.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I dreamed that I was a penis, and woke up badly beaten...
    haha very funny refa, very funny :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    For the love of god, dont encourage him!!!!

:p