Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Pet update

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    It's ok dax as I suffer from a.d.o.s myself.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Dax: :D

Ok ok, men like shiny things too :p
    EVERYBODY likes shiny!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Shiny?! Where?!
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    [url]http://www.cartype.com/pics/3368/full/delorean_brochure3_81.jpg[/url]

Shiny. :)
    You built a time machine? Out of a DeLorean???
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Well, getting back to the topic, Sydney now has a collar, and hates it... :D

He has to get used to it until he's at least a little older and better behaved. I can't have him taking a tumble off the falls in the middle of the night when he goes outside to do the deed.

:)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Yoshi chewed through 3 harnesses. The 3rd one we kept repairing it with duct tape so each time she thought she was free it kept coming back haha
    We're now starting to look into all the dog stuff we need. Since we're getting the dog. Ugh, there is so much stuff. and then training, and and and, what have we gotten ourelseves into!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Should have got a cat.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    2 words: Natures Miracle

It's a white bottle with red letters and awesome for cleaning up accidents. For beagles (and other pack dogs) if they have an accident on carpet, you clean it up but a small smell lingers. If the dog sniffs that spot again they think "ok, well I smell pee, this is where my packmates/I've peed before so I can pee here again..." Nature's Miracle takes away the smell totally. I would also recommend getting some puppy pee pads and place them by the door (they work better and are easier to clean up than newspaper). You can also put the pads outside and they are scented so the dog knows they are good to go on.
    I've already got two cats
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Theres nothing wrong with having too many cats.
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Well, I don't own any pets and don't intend to take one (from the shelters if/when the time comes) until either I or my life settles down, preferably with someone. :)

That being said, I still consider "our" cat to be the pet of my proverbial household, even though he still resides with me' parents. :)

[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/cijk/W1.jpg[/img]

There's a pretty standard-size Nokia phone for size comparison. People tend to think of 'im as a large cat. To me, all other cats are simply small. :D

[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/cijk/W2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/cijk/GTFO.JPG[/img]
    [QUOTE=Messiah;178477]Theres nothing wrong with having too many cats.[/QUOTE]

What about having too much Cat? :D
    Big cats can be dangerous, but a little P*ssy never hurt anyone...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I was just waiting for someone to make that joke :D
    yes, and i couldnt let you down.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178492]Big cats can be dangerous, but a little P*ssy never hurt anyone...[/QUOTE]

Joking aside, I beg to differ. Blossom's tiny paws cause far more pain to those she slowly walks over than giant paws on a cat four times her weight. It doesn't help that she tippy-toes her way through you, either.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    oh i love when kitties do that.

Its so relaxing like a nice kitty massage. (don't even think about what your thinking about!)

My cat was on the fat side but he was so warm when he slept on top of me in the morning. :P (GET YA HEAD OUTTA THE GUTTER)
    Sanfam, believe me. i know, ive had my share of little kitty scratches, and damn those things hurt!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    *creates the Firstones Gutter Industries Division*

Far more fun :)
    I always wondered how they perforated stamps... :p
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    With tiny, tiny guns!
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178515]Sanfam, believe me. i know, ive had my share of little kitty scratches, and damn those things hurt![/QUOTE]

It's not the scratches. It's never the scratches. It's all of her weight concentrated onto two square centimeters per foot, followed by impulsive leaping and bounding.

Anyway, it's official: We're looking to get a second cat, one which she can befriend and socialize with. I'm going to begin the cat hunt sometime soon. If anyone else here has thoughts or suggestions, let me know. Introducing a second cat will not be easy, but it'll be a great deal better for everyone.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Could use a little more detail. Gender, age, personality etc?
    She's the feline pictured above. Blossom. Approximately ten-ish years old, female, and somewhat docile and skittish. She's Siamese and has most of the traits. She's always flipping between high-energy attention whoring and nervous recluse, but has been far more outgoing and social than ever before (as of the move into the new apartment). She's intelligent, a bit ditzy, and absolutely adorable. Very vocal, very conversational, and constantly seeking a warm place to hide. When playful, she's extraordinarily active, zooming around as if her life depended on it, focused on the delicious mousie, string, or other fun random toy. If we can't sufficiently entertain her, she'll just pick up a mouse on her own and lob it at a wall, chasing after it.

She can occasionally be found making laps around the apartment, zooming from the basement to the top floor in the blink of an eye.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    As far as I know, and from our experience so far with these two, an older female is best paired with a young male. The younger the better. An older one might be perceived as more of a threat. A young male should also be active enough to provide her with a playmate, regardless of personality.

Though if she's been the only cat in the house for 10 years, it might take her a long while to get used to another one, if she ever will. It's probably going to require a long separation period and very gradual introduction.

Twiggy was crazy hyperactive until we got Brick, then as if at the flick of a switch, she calmed down. I'm wondering if some sort of maternal instinct was triggered. She's always watching out for him. When he's being punished with the water bottle or he gets trapped behind the closet or something, he howls like crazy and she always shows up to take care of him.
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;178545]She's the feline pictured above. Blossom. Approximately ten-ish years old, female, and somewhat docile and skittish. She's Siamese and has most of the traits. She's always flipping between high-energy attention whoring and nervous recluse, but has been far more outgoing and social than ever before (as of the move into the new apartment). She's intelligent, a bit ditzy, and absolutely adorable. Very vocal, very conversational, and constantly seeking a warm place to hide. When playful, she's extraordinarily active, zooming around as if her life depended on it, focused on the delicious mousie, string, or other fun random toy. If we can't sufficiently entertain her, she'll just pick up a mouse on her own and lob it at a wall, chasing after it.

She can occasionally be found making laps around the apartment, zooming from the basement to the top floor in the blink of an eye.[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a typical woman....and you want another? :p
    i'd offer you one of mine, i've a 7 year old male and a 6 year old female, but one belongs to my wife and one to my daughter. so i think i'd like to live to see another day.