Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New DVD Packaging

So, my wife and I finally picked up Seasons 1-3 to round out our series, and Amazon had them in a recently released 'Repackage' edition. This new still has the cardboard slip cover, but packaging is slimmer with a plastic insert case. The case houses three hinged holders that hold the discs back-to-back. I find it much improved over the previous packaging (the plastic parts on the old packaging likes to come loose from the cardboard backing).

The backside of the case insert sports a nice landscape shot of the station, a nice touch and one I didn't figure they'd spend the money on. Still includes the booklet insert. I'm surprised because it looks like they actually put a little money into the reissue. Maybe WB still has faith in the franchise yet?

All-in-all it's a nice change, and given the fact that all the 'Repackaged' sets on Amazon US sell for around 20 a piece, we're thinking about replacing our S4 and S5 sets too.

Just thought you'd like to know!

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    You bought season 4 and 5 before 1-3?

Worf
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I got the collector's edition [URL="http://www.amazon.de/Spacecenter-Babylon-Superbox-Staffeln-Einzeltitel/dp/B000AFV7QQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1261556666&sr=8-20"]with the tin box and the B5 paint job[/URL]. I usually don't put that much money into packaging, but I made an exception for this exceptional show. :)
  • Well you see, Worf, it went like this. In college I had the series through 'alternative means.' I lost those due to a hard drive crash. My wife started her second watch-through on hulu.com which only had S1-S3. So she got S4 for her birthday, and bought S5 shortly thereafter when it was on sale, to continue her watching.

When Amazon US had the repackaged version for 17 bucks a piece, we figured it was time to get them too.

And Stingray, I have long been envious of Europe for getting both boxed sets. I will wait patiently in hopes that a similar set shows up in NTSC format. But I REALLY want one!
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    You should try real French bread some time. :D
  • I have a feeling that I already know the answer to this, but does that version of the DVDs you have still have that horrible audio problem with Into the Fire, Stingray?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Since the audio problems are based around the mastering of the discs, it's more doubtful anything has been solved. It's a shame, really.

On the upside, the new packaging is much more in line with what everyone else uses and will be substantially more durable in the long term. It weighs less, isn't brittle, occupies less space, and generally rocks at being an all-around improvement! It also seems to be everywhere when other shows have come and gone. Glad to see B5 is still holding its own on crowded shelves.