Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I just finished The Force Unleashed 2 this afternoon, and I can't tell you how disappointed I was with it it! I started the game last night, and finished it today. That's the [b][I]whole[/I][/b] game in no more than 5hrs!

The story itself was mediocre at best, nowhere near as good as the first. The gameplay itself wasn't bad, but in terms of content it felt like half a game that's been rushed out. I also couldn't help but feel that what little story there was, didn't really feel like anything from the SW universe. I also thought the cgi wasn't as good as the first, tho it's been a while since I played it so I may be wrong on that one.

My overall opinion of the game: only worth buying when it when it's in the bargain bins
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    All right! I finally did it. I have now beaten all three original Metroid games in under 3 hours (actually, I managed to beat Super Metroid in under two hours twice recently) and seen Samus in her underwear in each one. Screw that Zero Suit Samus in Smash Brothers and all that. I liked it better when she was running around in a sports bra and panties!
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    congratuatiosn,
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's nice to have goals in life.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I <3 GoG

I gone and done purchased myself the first MDK (Massively Distastefull Korn, eeeh.. pick any one you like). Prolly eventually getting the second one as well, but I think the next one in my list will be this one:

[url]http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/battle_isle_platinum[/url]

And that's just for the Incubation game alone.

So currently I've got 15 games from there.. true dat, some of them are freeware they got there (the ones that dont have no price, like Beneath a Steel Sky!). Stuff that you can get for ScummVM too, but the heck with it.. :P

How's about you? Loving the retro?

Biggest reason for me shopping there is that I'll be moving mainly onto my netbook for gaming in a few months.. and well, those games work like a dream on it.
    I have bought far more games from GOG than can possibly be healthy.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    GOG is responsible for half the stack of games waiting to be played on my computer! :cool:
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I pretty much have to echo the comments from Biggles and ShadowDancer.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    So no one's played Dragon Age II yet? :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I've Played it for 3 days, and Not Played it for 2 Weeks ...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm back in Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance again.
    This game never gets old. :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Dragon Age 1 didn't feel too special when I played it and DA2 didn't look like anything better so I've not played DA2. Also been busy with work so not a lot of time for gaming. But doing some Geometry Wars 2 coop and Civ4:Fall from heaven 2 now and then.
    I liked Dragon Age and I'm playing through the second game now. It's enjoyable but not as epic as the first.
    I saw some playthrough of DAII and loved the dialogue quite a bit, but I agree, the story is not very epic. Some say the ending is disappointing too. I guess it's all about the journey, not the destination.

Which means, I've got to play the original which I purchased a while ago to get an idea of what this epic story is all about.
    You know, if you play the original first, you can import your character and the decisions he/she made have an effect (not a major one and not to the extend of Mass Effect) on the second?
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm content letting the story end at Dragon Age 1.

Why? Because I'm not playing my same guy, and the got rid of my team.

In Mass Effect you still play the same guy, and you reassemble the key members of your team. (Liara being an exemption, but she's still in the game and plays a role). Made it feel like there was continuity between the games.

What I find interesting is I enjoyed Dragon Age far more than the Mass Effect games, yet while I have absolutely NO desire to play Dragon Age 2, I am seriously looking forward to Mass Effect 3. (They better not mess it up)
    The way I understand it, the ending of DAII is quite confusing for those who haven't played the original. The sequel has also been streamlined quite a bit. The battles were a bit too repetitive for my taste and I usually don't mind this but the gore factor required some getting used to.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Thanks to DOSBox I'm playing one of my favourite Flight sims (it's a tie with TIE Fighter): Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty). Awesome graphics for it's time, and the gameplay has great depth (no pun intended).
    I just wish there was a working Glide-Wrapper, so i could play the 3dfx version....
    Currently playing [URL="http://www.aerofly.com/"]AeroFly 5.5.[/URL]

In preparation for the real thing... The simulator already paid for itself many times over. Crashes are few and far between these days.
    I've been using RealFlight for over a decade now. I'll probably never change simply because it's what I know. :)
    RealFlight looks really interesting. AeroFly is sadly missing the battle side of R/C flight. Dammit, Biggles, this is going to cost me some cash, yet again. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    currently beta testing the US release of Dark Prophesy. So far it's great. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Dark Prophecy is from Reakktor games, creator of Neocron, and allower of the squad system shock known cheaters to continue to play the game Neocron because they were friends with some of the developers.

Never playing one of their games again.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;192181]I've been using RealFlight for over a decade now. I'll probably never change simply because it's what I know. :)[/QUOTE]

Just from watching a few RF clips on YT I'm wondering whether the flight physics are as realistic as those found in AF. In RF the response is perfect and the models react as they would in a video game. In AF the response to your input is more... natural. At least that's from my short experience with AF. I will probably still get it because of the Harrier and other cool models.
    Based on my experience with real planes, the physics in RealFlight are realistic. I can't comment on AeroFly.
    I've just started [I]another[/I] game of ME2. I've still got a game of KOTOR on the back burner that I've just not gotten around to
    [QUOTE=Biggles;192202]Based on my experience with real planes, the physics in RealFlight are realistic. I can't comment on AeroFly.[/QUOTE]

Either way, I'm going to find out soon enough. RF should arrive at my doorstep some time early next week. :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;192208]I've just started [I]another[/I] game of ME2. I've still got a game of KOTOR on the back burner that I've just not gotten around to[/QUOTE]

If you're really considering another playthrough of Knights of the Old Republic, I'd highly recommend this style. Play through only using blasters! It's awesome! You can kill Dark Jedis in about seven seconds!
    Oh yeah, I assume from your comment that you've already beaten the game? If you are going to look at the link, I have to warn you that if you haven't, there are spoilers there.

[url]http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/556553-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/faqs/31287[/url]
    Well, RealFlight landed in my hands today and I installed it right away. Since it shares many concepts with AeroFly it was not too difficult to get into it.

The flight physics do feel a bit different, and take some getting used to. There is a slight delay between input and reaction depending on the flight model.

The Osprey and Harrier are nice inclusions. Even though there is a large selection, I miss a few models. As far as I understand it there are a few expansions with additional aircraft models and airfields. I will have to look into that.

Just like AF, there is supposed to be some free downloadable content available, I just need to find it.

So far so good. :)
    I haven't got any of the pay expansions, but there are a couple of planes in them I'd like. The free ones are on the website somewhere - they're for older versions of the software, but work with the new versions.