Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Started Dawn of War 2 : Retribution today, and so far kind of disappointed in the Space Marine campaign atleast.. After the first 3 missions. Just doesnt quite have the same feeling as the original and Chaos Rising.

Going to finish it anyway, cuz I do enjoy the Blood Ravens story, especially when its more and more tied to the Thousand Sons. :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Dawn of War 2 is also sitting on my desk waiting to be played.

I started Dragon Age Origins earlier, enjoying it so far!
  • 17 hours into Skyrim. What an amazing game. Breathtaking scenery, solid gameplay. The art direction should win some sort of award.
  • Is it better than the older ones? I've played Oblivion quite a bit and the combat was never really that amazing to me. Reminds me of the old Clickablo jokes.
  • Does the Skyrim use the same game engine as Fallout 3 and New Vegas?

I ask because with PS3 I am suffering crashes after every few hours of gameplay with these two games, which I find intolerable especially when there is no fix, no nothing.

Sad to let such a game pass if they can't make a working product for standardized gaming console.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Skyrim at least on the PC has some crash to desktop problems. Game play wise it feels to a lot like Oblivion to me.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I suppose you are all busy playing Skyrim now. ;)

My copy is in transit, and so is Saints Row: The Third. :D Too many games, so little time.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I bought Skyrim yesterday, started playing it today.

I've never been able to get into the Elder Scrolls games before but I like this one so far.
    I found Ivanova :)
    Apparently Claudia Christian is lending her voice to a certain "Legate Rikke" in Skyrim. Sweet. :)

From what I've seen so far from gameplay footage is that Skyrim is not veering too far off from Oblivion. It's just better in most respects. I can't wait for my copy to arrive.
    She is playing more than one character, I recognised her as a store keeper too.
  • I'll say this for Skyrim:

I LOVED Morrowind. Killed hundreds of hours in that game.
    I went into Oblivion expecting Morrowind, and was very disappointed. I never got into that game like I wanted to, tried several times, just...couldn't. The world seemed dead. There was no danger, no excitement in exploration. It was just... meh.

So I was VERY worried about Skyrim.
    Needlessly so. This game is amazing! I couple minor gripes with the UI and quick keys (Seriously, changing weapons is WAY more convoluted than it needs to be!) but the world... yea, I'm immersed in it already. This is a good thing. I've gotten myself into messes that just instant killed me, and I've fought and won battles that I expected to lose and won by a hair.

Combat is good, exploring is exciting (And occasionally nerve wracking when you hit an "Oh sh*t!" moment and realize there is no way you are going to get out of there alive...

Highly recommend this one!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah. Skyrim is a must buy for me.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Skyrim is probably the first hardcore game my husband really got into since he started wow
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games, so to be honest I probably wont play Skyrim either
    I'm not sure Skyrim is considered hardcore, I always thought the Elder Scrolls RPGs were streamlined and simplified versions of much more complicated Dungeons and Dragons board games.

I had some fun playing Oblivion and Morrowind, and I'd rather not think about the bugfest called Daggerfall.
    Dungeons and Dragons isn't complicated ;)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    How does comparing a computer game and pen/paper rpgs make any sense? (hint: does not). There is no logical way you can comparing a game where the rulebook needs to be memorized and dice rolled for action to a game on the computer that does all that for you. If you are looking for the pen and paper experience then, well, use a pen and paper game and let video games play to their stengths. That being said Elder Scrolls is definitely considered "hardcore" on the video game spectrum.
    In the realm of gaming those forms of entertainment do compare and D&D games can be complicated. Anything involving 20-sided dice is. :D

I never imagined and I never heard anyone say the Elder Scrolls games were hardcore before, that's all. I'm a hardcore RPG player and I didn't even know it. ;)

Not everything is an apples and oranges argument. ;) It may just seem that way. In the realm of fruit cakes, apples and oranges are equal! :D Lighten up, man! Why so serious???
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Was going through my bulk email, and noticed a beta invite for ST:TOR, that i got 2 fraking weeks ago! sonoffabitch!
  • Metal Gear Solid 4! Finally!
    Finally got around to play testing some Skyrim and SR:TR. Both games run fairly well on my aging laptop. Both games make a fairly good first impression, although I am not a big fan of cutscene heavy beginnings. Saints Row: The Third is interrupting gameplay with scripted sequences quite often in the prologue which can become annoying real fast. People like sandbox games for a reason. ;) Skyrim is doing a much better job of helping you along to get acquainted with the controls and the environment.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Stingray;194348]People like sandbox games for a reason. ;)[/QUOTE]

And some people don't like them for a reason. :)
    [QUOTE=Biggles;194349]And some people don't like them for a reason. :)[/QUOTE]

I hope those few people don't buy said sandbox games then. :)
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Batman Arkham City, more world of tanks and the occasional Battlefield (whatever the current one is called)
    My PC copy of Arkham City is on the way. Why, it's yet another popular sandbox game! :)
    My PC copy of Assassins Creed Revelations should arrive Friday. I believe that could be considered sandbox too? :p
    We have to face the fact that even Vorlons age as well. So they might eventually grow bored of playing with pebbles. ;)
  • Oh, for those with Skyrim crashes on PC, look up the 4GB launcher. Bethesda locked down the Large Address Aware in the executable, limiting it to 2GB.
    (meaning it crashes when it hits 2 gigs... and if you use any INI or texture mods...expect to hit that in a hurry!)

Still loving it. You do have to do some roleplaying to prevent yourself from becoming game breakingly powerful though. Forced character restrictions. :)
    Crashes stopped after update for me in Skyrim.