Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

John Carter of Mars

2»

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I just finished watching the remake of TGwtDT with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara in the lead roles. To be honest, I didn't think the trilogy needed a remake going in and after watching the remake of the first movie I have not changed my mind. The remake is fine since it has the original to work from. Unless you didn't like the cast from the original, there is hardly a reason to prefer the remake over it. A no-brainer and low-risk exercise in film making. Maybe we'll see a remake of the original Star Wars trilogy too. :D

I'm surprised they didn't cast Will Smith instead of Craig. ;)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, to be fair, non-english movies don't exactly sell in America, and the books were best-sellers here. Most people probably wouldn't even know there was an "original" to watch.

I haven't seen either version, yet, though just on the basis of the photos, the Swedish guy looks a lot more like how I imagined Blomkvist than Daniel Craig, who apparently cannot look schlubby even when he's trying.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    The version of the original trilogy I saw was dubbed in English and quite well too. You'll have to wait for the two other movies to be remade first to enjoy the remake which won't happen anytime soon, although according to the Imdb, Craig and the girl are set to reprise their roles at some point. I wouldn't want to wait that long. ;)