Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Anyone thinking of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
(This is a true story just off the AP news wire!)

Bulldozer Strikes Wrong House

The Associated Press
Friday, August 30, 2002; 1:07 PM

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. ?? A couple was at the dinner table when a bulldozer rumbled into their home and tore the ceiling down. The bulldozer operator had the wrong address, officials said.

Yesenia Reyes and her husband were eating in the kitchen of their rented home at 5:30 p.m. Thursday when the bulldozer roared up and begin a demolition job. Their three children were away at the time.

"He came in through the back, and he just took the ceiling down. He almost came through my son's bedroom," Reyes said.

The Reyeses bounded for their door and yelled at the operator, stopping him in time to leave part of the roof intact.

No one was injured.

The president of Zara Inc., the private contractor that employed the operator and had been demolishing homes in the area, said his company would repair the damage done, estimated by Hollywood Fire-Rescue officials at $5,000.

"I can fix it in two days," said George Zaragozi, company president. "He made a mistake and thought it was supposed to be demolished."
© 2002 The Associated Press

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Very.

RIP Mr. Adams
  • what? didn't know Hollywood was in Florida? Jupiter is too!

------------------
    [b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
    [b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
    [b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
    ---
    [b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by Random Chaos:
    [b](This is a true story just off the AP news wire!)

Bulldozer Strikes Wrong House

The Associated Press
    Friday, August 30, 2002; 1:07 PM

© 2002 The Associated Press[/b][/quote]

Hmmm Yellow...

Were they building a Bypass?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    [quote]Originally posted by A2597:
    [b]what? didn't know Hollywood was in Florida? Jupiter is too!

[/b][/quote]

A2597 - the double dash (--) that the site I use has on it doesn't convert when copied properly to the font this forum uses...it shows up as a question mark.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    2b

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • WHY_oldWHY_old Elite Ranger
    reminds me of the text-based adventure game for some reason....
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I know where my towel is.

------------------
    [url="http://www.minbari.co.uk/log12.2263/"]Never eat anything bigger than your own head.[/url]
    "Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • Freeze, if you don't know where your towel, is I just might send my pet Vogon to recite poetry at you.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by the_exile:
    [b]Freeze, if you don't know where your towel, is I just might send my pet Vogon to recite poetry at you.[/b][/quote]

Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy mictuations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes.
    And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]I know where my towel is.
    [/b][/quote]

And my electronic thumb

------------------
    Passive fields. January two thousand and twelve. A nation that stands alone. Cold voices, faces pale, Gathered unto their judgement day. Such words remain unspoken. Such pride remains unbroken. Just mothers to stand in vain and cry. Tears and medals in the rain. Shall I recall when justice did prevail? No reason to be found why reason did fail. The all clear resounding. The way was clear to rebuild this land. Shall I call on you to guide me well, To see our hopes and dreams fulfilled? On this day of our ascension.

VNV Nation - Honour
    Is it there a neural network in that thumb?
    All right...here's another one [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

--------------------
    Man Dies After Whale Jumps Into Boat

The Associated Press
    Wednesday, September 4, 2002; 7:38 AM

PORT SAN LUIS, Calif. ?? A whale suddenly breached and crashed into the bow of a fishing boat, killing a restaurant owner on board.

Jerry Tibbs, 51, owner of Mr. Tibb's Ribs in Bakersfield, was aboard his boat The BBQ on Sunday when the whale hit and tossed him into the sea five miles off Port San Luis. Three other fishermen stayed aboard the damaged boat, which was towed to shore by the Coast Guard.

Tibbs and his three friends were just ending a day fishing for albacore when the accident occurred.

After more than 18 hours of searching, Tibbs' body was found Monday afternoon.

Coast Guard officials said it was the first time they could recall an accident caused by a whale hitting a boat.
    © 2002 The Associated Press
  • ArgoneArgone Genuine Klingon
    Was the whale J-walking or J-swiming? [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

One of them needs glasses.

Argone