Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Argone memorial

shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
while the thread with everyones contributions above is testament in itself to how much Argone means to us, I think it fitting we offer a formal tribute.

I propose we assemble a document.

Each of us should submit an A4/A3 page of notes, musings, observations, images, favoured quotes from Argone, etc to a single US mailing address.

Then, the volunteer who assembles the document can post it on, to those who need to see it, when the time is right. IE after Mrs Kunichs recovery and all the other mountains of bureaucratic and general housekeeping crap associated with the death of loved ones, is done.

Those of you with rendering skills such as A2957 et al... here's your chance. I'll supply wingart for Argone shortly, which you are of course free to use in tribute.

Words count too. Don't be shy, this is the time to close ranks and fire off your salutes. He deserves nothing less....

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Sounds like a great idea to me.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, I'm game.

I guess I'll figure out which address to post up and do it sometime. :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    My submission: One of Argone's and my warleader forums threads ;)
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    well either crop highlights or find some way of condensing it a bit.. print it and send it to Sanfam when he's organised...
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Sanfam...organized? :confused:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Can't Sanfam print it? :)

And do we have to write a full page? I'm not a particularly wordy person when it comes to things like this.
    an A4, foolscap or whathaveyou page is just a canvas. Fill it with 1000 words or just one.

It's a personal tribute.

Make it personal.

One word, one phrase, one thing that reminds you of Argone.

Sanfam can print it I guess, makes sense for us long distance persons, that said... if you cant make the effort to post one thin letter to the US... that doesnt say much for you.

Also remember those postmarks and evelopes from all over the world have an impact in themselves.

"Someone in Finland, of all places, valued George as a friend and comrade ? Wow.... "

Put in the effort fellas, make sure theres no escaping you mean it. This is what community is about. It's all very well to be fair weather Firstones, it's another to be there when one of us stumbles or falls.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I'll see what I can do!

Only disturbing thing is that I only got a B/W laser printer!
    Crayons are you friend. :)
    The address is decided.

299 Nathaniel Rochester Hall
    Rochester, New York 14628
    USA
    Okey doke. Will write tonight, post tomorrow.
    well, I'd print 'em if I could but I don't actually have a printer. heh
    I was suggesting that more from the point of view of time as well. It takes a while to get a letter from here to the States.
    ... and as I said, there are always lots of things to do post mortem for the family concerned. All the better for us to take the time to post stuff. Give some time for the tears to dry and the dust to settle.
  • Ok, I'd never heard of Argone until I stumbled upon a fourms of which he waas an Admin. Whenever I read some of his messages, they cracked me up...
    There, I contributed by posting. That good enough, Zeusy(I'm talking 'bout that guy who posts in the Superspace RPG)
    As posted in the other thread, here's a photo of Argone.

[IMG]http://www.firstones.com/george.jpg[/IMG]
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    exactly as i pictured him
  • I could never imagine him as being anything but that crazy Klingon from his sig... :(
    Bow down Brothers...you stand in the shadow of an everyday hero

Here's an excerpt from a letter I recieved today.....

~~~~

" Ok here is the whole story, my father and mother, got every thing ready to go to the Buffalo court and Federal building 32 miles Northeast of home to get the proper papers and Tax Ids. The morning of Feb 25 they had to be there at 9:00 am. The day and night before it was snowing and bad out but he decided to go anyway since rescheduling would have taken forever. They took the Ford Taurus because she hated his nasty riding big 4 wheel drive truck. On the way into Buffalo a pickup driving south at a high rate of speed crossed the center line of the road and hit them head on. My father was not killed instantly he was able to get my mother out of the car before it caught fire and move her away from the wreak. How we do not know for his back was broke and he had serious internal injuries and passed away on the way to the hospital. The car was mostly burned and the driver of the other vehicle died at the wreak. The police report said that the other driver was doing at least 60 mph, would be almost 100 kph, on bad roads in a 40 mph zone.
    My mother had a broken arm and leg on her left side a ruptured spleen and 3 broken ribs one puncturing her lung. She will be coming home Monday she is a strong woman but I am sure she is heart broken. "

~~~~

we are not worthy....

*bows low, bows with deep respect*
    Wow. Sounds like a great man.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Wow indeed. Thats how I want to go out. A real hero.
    As I told SB Last night, it just further raises my respect for him...
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    A real Hero indeed.
  • Wow... :(
    That story does not suprise me at all. He was a true soldier. God Bless Him.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    My word, a hero indeed! What a brave man he was!
    here it is as promised
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Cool. We should have that somewhere on the site.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Very fitting.
    Very nice...