Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"Real life" update... Disclaimer: emo, bitching

2»

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I agree that it would appear recent events are for the best, long term.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Always look on the bright side of life *whistling*
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    HE'S NOT THE MESSIAH! HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!

sorry, couldnt resist the monty python line :D
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Ok, now I'm curious, what is Dax looking for in a man? :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    what's she looking for in a man? a decided lack of assholiness i think.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    So she's looking for someone who does not have a divine posterior, got it.

Jake
  • Come on guys, she just had a bad breakup. Give her some time to rest, reflect, and all that other junk people need to do. Hell I havn't been with a woman for over 2 years so that tells ya how hard it can be for some people.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    hmmm its been about 4 years here and i've still got the scars lol
    Well, maybe the question came over as a bit insensitive (and if it was I apologize for it) but what else do you expect us to do here? Dax decided to share her situation with us, the least we can do is talk about it candidly. She broke up, she wasn't dumped. It was her decision and I believe she is the sole judge in this matter. Different people deal with problems differently and last time I checked depression and feeling sorry for oneself didn't solve anything.

Typing >hugs< does as much as sending someone a birthday card every year. Talking things over might actually get the ball rolling for a solution, but who am I to suggest that?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Knowing that people care is indeed quite helpful -- for me at least. It does more than just sending a birthday card. Do not project yourself onto others as that will render any conversation you may wish to have useless.
    [QUOTE=croxis;162574]Knowing that people care is indeed quite helpful -- for me at least. It does more than just sending a birthday card. Do not project yourself onto others as that will render any conversation you may wish to have useless.[/QUOTE]

Well that's your opinion. Do I tell you what to do?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I'd have to agree with Croxis here. (Not that I wouldn't anyway but...)

People responding to your situation is indeed helpful. Sure Dax made the decision to break up, but that doesn't make it any less painful.

In my case I had to make a hard choice for something I loved dearly. Should I be selfish and keep my little friend in pain and discomfort just so that I can have him around a bit longer, or let him go peacefully and relieve his burden?

Are you saying then that I shouldn't look for comfort from friends because I was the one who made the decision? The same for Dax in that she has the maturity to handle a situation and make a tough decision as well in a relationship.

In times like these we look for comfort from friends, not the blather of interogation and wound opening.

The Vet sent a very nice condolence card and the doctor and staff all signed it, and I for one find that heart warming. It's not just business, it was personal, and it meant something.

When people out here and elsewhere take the time to say *hugs* or whatever comes from their heart, it should not be dismissed as unimportant.

So, while I ended up taking the bait and discussing this, I reiterate:

What he said!
    [QUOTE=JackN;162577]Should I be selfish and keep my little friend in pain and discomfort just so that I can have him around a bit longer, or let him go peacefully and relieve his burden?[/QUOTE]

You are comparing apples to oranges. While I feel for your loss and agree that the letter of condolence was a compassionate touch of the vet staff, I fail to see what this has to do with Dax and her situation. Furthermore virtually hugging you wouldn't have helped you make that right decision, besides you took the decision to act before you told us about it. Couples do break up and reunite (see Prince William) and while feelings get hurt, nobody died here.

[QUOTE]Are you saying then that I shouldn't look for comfort from friends because I was the one who made the decision? The same for Dax in that she has the maturity to handle a situation and make a tough decision as well in a relationship.[/QUOTE]

I never said that, but what you are saying is when someone shares his or her burden on a forum, he or she doesn't really want to talk about it. And we should just put >hugs< and sad smileys in posts to show how much we care? I wish all our problems could be solved that way.

I see now why they are selling $100 notebooks to people in developing countries, to send them more hugs and sad smileys of compassion. "I'm hungry." "Here have a few more smileys."

[QUOTE]
    When people out here and elsewhere take the time to say *hugs* or whatever comes from their heart, it should not be dismissed as unimportant.
    [/QUOTE]

Neither should my question.

[QUOTE]
    So, while I ended up taking the bait and discussing this, I reiterate:

What he said![/QUOTE]

There's no bait, just an adult discussion, no nerdy geek-talk for once.
  • ... I'm just going to start lurking again. I'll keep my comments to myself from now on. Sorry...
    ... due to popular demand we shall return to our regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy the silence.

*hugs*

:(
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I had typed out a huge response to this thread and it got eaten, then I typed a message to say what I am saying now and it also got eaten.

Anyway, I have lots to say about this but for now all I have to say tonight is:

I have done all I can now. It's his loss.