Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Converting Vegetarians

13»

Comments

• SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I eat salads. Of course, my salads usually have hard boiled egg in them, grilled chicken, some bacon, big croutons and honey mustard dressing. They are really quite tasty.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I eat chili.. It's a plant, right?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Chili is a fruit. :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Actually, chili is a seed. :p :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Must point out someone as wrong!

[quote]Chili pepper (chilli pepper, chilli, chili, chile) is the fruit of the plants from the genus Capsicum, members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Botany considers the plant a berry bush. Though chilis may be thought of as a vegetable, their culinary use is generally as a spice. It is the fruit that is usually harvested.[/quote]

Ahh, much better. :p
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Seeds are fruit, so the point is moot :p

[quote]1 a (1)[B]:[/B] the grains or ripened ovules of plants used for sowing (2)[B]:[/B] the fertilized ripened ovule of a flowering plant containing an embryo and capable normally of germination to produce a new plant ; [I]broadly[/I] [B]:[/B] a propagative plant structure (as a spore or [B]small dry fruit[/B])[/quote]
    Thanks Biggles.. :p

RC, fruit may or may not contain seed, see seedless bananas or grape as case in point. ;)
    Fruit contain seeds, they are not seeds themselves. They are merely a means for distributing the seeds.
    My mistake, I thought Refa meant chili [B][I]beans[/I][/B]. :D
    Pedantry 101

Welcome to Pedantry 101, lecture 3!

Chili beans is a dish, not a seed. It contains seeds (in the form of beans). :D
    Now you are nitpicking... those popular red kidney beans used to make [I]chili con carne[/I] are also known as chili beans.

Fruits contain seeds and they are not the one and the same. You don't get apple seed pie now do you? :D
    [QUOTE=Stingray;179831]Now you are nitpicking...[/quote]

That was my point. :D

[quote]Fruits contain seeds and they are not the one and the same. You don't get apple seed pie now do you? :D[/QUOTE]

That sounds... pretty disgusting, actually. And clearly an attack on the greatness that is apple pie by the rejected seeds!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nitpicking:

[quote]minute and usually unjustified criticism[/quote]

We aren't nitpicking. Our criticism is completely justified and quite large in impact! I mean, if you considered fruits and dishes to be the same, here, have some seasoned steak as a fruit!
    Chili is not a fruit... if anything it's a vegetable. :D

Just like a tomato is not a fruit. Unless you are a botanist tossing Latin names around, we are just having a casual discussion here.
    The plant is a vegetable, but it still bears fruit. And you use the fruit, not the plant. The same applies for bananas, where the plant is a herb, but carries fruit. :p
    Are you smoking bananas? :D