Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

IMO gross behavior on our boards...

13»

Comments

• "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You know, I rather think Winston Churchill is one of the most underquoted men of all time. We need more witty leaders.
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    "The best argument against democracy is five minutes with the average voter."

People lately tend to vote hot-button issues only. The press is very good at manipulating public opinion.

Democracy requires responsibility. An uninformed voting public is a danger to itself. Watch what's been happening with our civil rights. It is going to get worse.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]BTW: I should mind you people that alot of people have died due to Relgion, ANd people still do today.

Becuase assholes Take it to far. [/B][/QUOTE]

How true that is. Hell, the christians are STILL taking flak for the crusades.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]How true that is. Hell, the christians are STILL taking flak for the crusades. [/B][/QUOTE]

Which pisses me off, we never hear about the crap the Ottoman empire got upto when it started invading the old Byzantine's and all of the blakands plus good chunks of easern europe, and that lasted for 700 years! and we never hear about the stuff that preceded the crusades you know, killing of pilgrams, closing off of the holy land

Or that Charles Martel smashed the invading sacacens in 800 at TOURS! (hella long way from Mecca there buddies)

damn 1300 year war and people only focus on 100 years of it.. bleh.

Frankly the whole concern about the religious right, is the media trying to create hysteria and alot of people have bought into the propoganda.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo1 [/i]
    [B]How true that is. Hell, the christians are STILL taking flak for the crusades. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah... Long term grudges...

I'm still pissed at Nimrod for that little stunt he pulled on the tower...

:D:p :alien:
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Uh. I refuring to All Relgions that have cuased Blood Shed....

Christians seem have have a tendancy to force other people into there Religion... Like back in the 30s, They force Natives kids into Residental Schools, And told then to give up there Culture, There Religion, there Laguage. And if they Tryed to pratace any of those they would get beat or somthing.

And Yes, I find things like that Very Very Wrong.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    But the same can be said of any religion. There are examples of radical believers who have tried to convert people using um nonstandard ways. But this is true of anything. You cannot single out one religion (whatever one it may be) and say: this religion is bad. This one is good. It just doesnt work. You are speaking of the thirties, but now things like that are fairly rare in schools.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    All religions have their evangelists and their fanatics.
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Good Point
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    "Democracy is the dictatorship of a majority."

Don't recall who said that, but it's well said.

And there are no real democracys in this world anyway.

- PJH