Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Badger

13»

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You telling us to calm down? The rabid dog of firstones? :D
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    but were geeks! this is what were suppost to do! hell, I know I needed it! I was dangerously close to having a normal life! ;)
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    rabid yes, but rabid over things that actually count.. not some rather pointless technocrats debating, (mass-debating?) over a rather tiny point of nomeculture...

not exactly a broad ranging and powerful debate likely to shape the future of any siginificant portion of the population
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]whitestar is 476 meters long............... [/B][/QUOTE]

The whitestar, for lack of better words, was a damned Tardis. Because there was no "model bible" early on in B5's production to establish scale, the whitestar's size actually fluctuated from appearance to appearance. This caused allot of frustration, as we all know that the fwd docking bay of an Omega isn't anywhere near 500m across...but a whitestar small enough to fit an omega bay sideways sure as hell couldn't fit 3 nial fighters and a launch bay in it either.

We ended up with a majority consensus based on the greatest number of shots of the ship with respect to known size vehicles, and applying a bit of common sense.

I will say this: anyone that said there was an "official" size during the shooting of the show is probably trying to feel self important--we [b]never[/b] got a straight answer, just a buttload of "opinions" ;)

-R.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    Yay! Badger!

Always feels good to back the winning..... badger :confused:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    If you asked jms how big a Whitestar is, he'd probably tell you it was as big as plot. Technical specs were only ever important in B5 when the drama required them.