Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Coming back to Firstones

After seeing outofstep's "Calling out Firstones" topic on the board, I feel a bit stupid posting mine, but I've been wanting to get back onto Firstones for a while now.

I don't know if any of you guys remember me, but I first joined the boards in 1999 (I rejoined in 2000 after a few problems with my PC.) after ITF being cancelled. I was in secondary school then, and joining my first internet chatroom was a pretty cool experience.

Anyway, I gaven't posted for a good few years now which is a great shame considering the good times I had here; getting into a fight with Warleader D'Ren by taking the mick out of the Narns, joining in on those massive "write your own battle" threads, the "Watercooler" and "Green / Purple" sagas, the list goes on... Oh yeah, Is Warleader still here? ;)

In my time away from Firstones I've been to college, finished, and done alot of mad stuff. Some of you guys may have heard of it, but I've gotten into "Airsoft", which in simple terms can be described as "paintballl but with replica real-steel BB-guns", and I've been doing it for the last few years. If you lot want to know more about Airsoft, here's our team's homepage; [url]www.wraithsquad.co.uk[/url] (Unfortionately, our host is screwed, so the site can be a bit tempermental.) By sheer co-incidence, I ran into Worf aka Angelus on the Wraith boards, and it's good to see that he's still knocking about here. :cool:
Other than that, it's mainly been the same medly of booze, tobacco, heavy metal, and all the other staples of life.

Anyway, down to what prompted me back onto Firstones.

A couple of weeks back, I started planning an Airrsoft campaign with a mate iof mine, writing missions, backgrounds and the rest. I spent about 2 weeks in front of my PC doing this, ad as well as typing, I wanted to keep myself entertained. Luckily for me, I've got a TV and VCR in my room as well, and sitting on my shelves, shamefully gathering dust was my collection of Babylon 5 videos spanning from series 2 to 5. As a result, over the course of just under two weeks, I watched all of my B5 videos back to back, which has ended in re-kindling my love for Babylon5, which first started when I caught a late night showing of "The Long Night" on Channel 4 back in 98.

I've recently re-established my attempt at creating a B5 tabletop fleet battle game, (Babylon 5 Wars is too expensive, complicated, and hard to get hold of in Britain) compiled all of the B5 stuff I collected off the net, and plan to buy series 1 of the show on DVD soon. I'm lucky I have the time to do all this, as I gave myself a break after I finished college until I get a job in September.

Anyway, as you may suspect, I'm a tad behind on recent events, although I have heard the infuriating news about the cancellation of Crusade and the series on the Rangers. (I expect you guys have come up with plenty of conspiracy theories about why someone or something has a vendetta against jms and the Babylon5 universe as a whole.)
Apart from that, I'm ignorent on what's been going on lately.

I've also got a ton of things to discuss about B5, and some questions which I really want clarifying. Like the infamous "Why do you NEVER see a Nova class Dreadnaught shoot at anything?" debate. (Ok, there was those TWO times in ITB, but apart from that...) Or why is it ok for the Minbari to commit genocide but a War Crime for John "Nuke 'em" Sheridan to blow up the Black Star?

I'd really like to rejoin Firstones again, and I regret not staying here. Will you have me back? :)

Regards,
Morden

Comments

• JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    You can check out any time you like......
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Please stay. The more, the merrier. :)

Ive been trying to convert Games Workshops [URL=http://www.gamesworkshop.com/40kuniverse/battlefleetgothic/default.htm]Battlefleet Gothic[/URL] to the Babylon 5 universe. BFG is a great game, with great, easy to learn rules, and Ive come a long way. Maybe Ill post some of it here later.
  • Jambo, your lack of faith disturbs me. ;)

Messiah, hey dude, long time no see! Yeah, I've been thinking of designing the ship weapons rules in terms of batteries divided into forward, aft, port and starboard and in terms of "power" like BFG does. I've also got the "Earthforce Sourcebook" from the Babylon Project to work from as well which I've been using for ideas. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Have you back? Ohhh I don't know if we can do that... oh OK. Just this once. ;)

As for what's been going on here... well, you can read up on events up to June 2001 [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]here[/url]. Since then we've concentrated on supporting the mods, and had the occasional forum failure before moving to this new system, which is really nice.

Oh, and Warleader does drop by occasionally. :)
    Im at my parents right now, but Ill send you what I have when I get back home :)

Its really a convenient system with batteries, and not too advanced movement. Perhaps we can do a website for it. With lots of different mods of strategy games to b5 as opposed to those digitally biased ones on here. ;)

anyway, stay. Just do it (c).
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Welcome back! :D

Why didn't the nova ever fire?

Because the guns were acually made of paper mache!
    It's a little known fact that the Nova Dreadnought was simply an omega that had broken down, and was converted to serve duty as a fake ship with a rediculous number of guns. ;) :D ;)
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Welcome home!

Warleader is not only here, he has his own forum. I guess its true, every village does need an idiot (though we're blessed with more than our fair share :D)

Some of the Devs pop in from time to time, which is cool, but most have moved on to bigger and better.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome guys, especially from you, Sanfam. :)

Ah, I've heard that theory about the Nova having paper mache guns. Apparently that was how Earth Central recycled it's paperwork. ;)

Messiah, doing a website is a fantastic idea. I've got a couple of months spare in which to put my ideas onto MS word and do it properly, so I should get a lot done. Unfortionately, I've never designed a website in my life, but I'd be a keen contributor if there ever was one. :)

LOL! Warleader has his own forum? Legendary! :D

Anyway, as for village idiots, I don't plan to take up such a mantle myseldf, just stick with my famous quirk of tying "Regards, Morden" at the end of each of my posts. ;)

Regards,
    Morden
    Also, airsoft rules!

I've got a Beretta-style spring pistol. Really a fun toy.

I'd love to get a nice, compact AEG Machine pistol simetime, but the good ones are expensive, and don't quite work as well as a nice gas-blowback...

But, AEG machine guns rule :D
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    Hehe, nice like you hold the G3. I love this weapon also it's really old. This was my primary weapon besides the P8 (on of the modernst pistols) during my army time. Though we could have been used the modern G36 I preferred the G3 b/c you can handle it harsh (on jumps across streets, in ponds etc) w/o damage its (ancient ;) ) targeting "device" (don't know the proper english term).

@Sanfam: No, I don't like Machine Guns. I've shot with the German MG3. Although it's a heavy and powerful gun it's unhandy and incommoding in quick skirmishes where you have to change your position every minute. Even the PzF3 (modernst version of the famous antitank launcher) is more handy.
    Well, I should be more specific. Compact machine guns rule. Full-size stuff has additional ammunition/range/accuracy benefits, but it's at the cost of size, weight, and price :D

One of my future purchases, if I can afford it, will probably be a KSC Glock 26. It's a good sized handgun, gas blowback, and carries a decent amount of ammunition.
  • JamboJambo Scriptkiddie
    Hey! I was waiting for someone to complete the line :(

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roi Danton [/i]
    [B]Hehe, nice like you hold the G3. I love this weapon also it's really old. This was my primary weapon besides the P8 (on of the modernst pistols) during my army time. [B][/QUOTE]

I love all of the early NATO 7.62mm assault rifles such as the FN FAL, G3A3 and our old L1A1 SLR, so I had to have one of them as my AEG. Any veteran can tell you that if you got put down by these old large-calibre rifles, you STAYED down!

Sanfam, I have a Beretta Tac Master Gas blow-back which is bloody fantastic, as well as an Mp5 SD5 AEG. (I'm a big H+K fan.) ;) I'll post a picture of my guns sometime. :)
    I think one of my teammates in Wraith Squadron has a KSC Glock 26, apparently they're quite good. (24 round mag, I think...)

Regards,
    Morden
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jambo [/i]
    [B]You can check out any time you like...... [/B][/QUOTE]

But you can never leave...

;)

[EDIT] ah damn... I just replied to Jambo then I see his second post... STIH!!!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]But you can never leave...

;)

[EDIT] ah damn... I just replied to Jambo then I see his second post... STIH!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Jack. :D

Regards,
    Morden
    Ola Senior!

;)
  • Jack, is it me, or has the number of active mermbers on Firstones gone down a LOT over the last 3 years? :confused:

Regards,
    Morden
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Ahh, gotta love the Eagles. Welcome back- indeed you can check out any time you like, but you cant ever leave... So true, so true... But please, stick around a while and enjoy. This really is a great place to be!
    Yeah, it has gone down a bit. But there are a lot of new people around.
  • No worries Rhett, I intend to stay. ;)

Biggles, I've noticed a lot of the Firstones are gone, I've yet to see Drazi Guy and Warleader D'Ren, but it's great to see a few new faces as well in the Zocalo. :)

Regards,
    Morden
    Well, DG has moved on into the physical realm. D'ren just disappeared a while back, but I say "Hi" every so often :D
    And we regret it every time.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Well, DG has moved on into the physical realm. D'ren just disappeared a while back, but I say "Hi" every so often :D [/B][/QUOTE]

By the looks of it Sanfam, you're always here. :)

Regards,
    Morden
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]By the looks of it Sanfam, you're always here. :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunate, isn't it? :D
    Gah! My secret is out in the open! Time for a new cover...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Gah! My secret is out in the open! Time for a new cover... [/B][/QUOTE]

How about "Mafnas: The Admin in White"?

Regards,
    Morden
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]By the looks of it Sanfam, you're always here. :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Not quite always. I should know. :)
    Indeed.
  • whitestar90whitestar90 Elite Ranger
    Ah welcome back Morden :D
    ZOG!