Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Binderpaper Offensive Weapons!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Freejack [/i]
    [B]and you have a vehicle better able to handle the rigors of utilizing TOTES.

Finally remember the keggers may increase the capacity of the ambulance, but at a serious cost to handling and maneuverability. That combination drops the vectoral change ratio of the ambulance to well below that of the fire truck.[/B][/QUOTE]

The TOTES system is only in its experimental stage, and to apply it now to this new fleet would be pure folly. The old TES (Trailering Equipment System) has been tried and tested as a reliable system, and is fully compatible with the current ambulance fleet. The risky venture that you propose is too much of a gamble.

Our ambulance pilots are more than capable of handling the new stresses put on thier vehicles by the keggers, and I' confident that a new training programme, put in now, would bring us up to scratch. Re-training the crews to use Firetrucks would be far more costly and time-consuming.

Regards,
    Morden
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]The TOTES system is only in its experimental stage, and to apply it now to this new fleet would be pure folly. The old TES (Trailering Equipment System) has been tried and tested as a reliable system, and is fully compatible with the current ambulance fleet. The risky venture that you propose is too much of a gamble.

Our ambulance pilots are more than capable of handling the new stresses put on thier vehicles by the keggers, and I' confident that a new training programme, put in now, would bring us up to scratch. Re-training the crews to use Firetrucks would be far more costly and time-consuming.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree that the extensive training required for a replacement fleet of fire trucks would be time consuming and costly, but you must stop thinking short term. Our defensive needs will outstrip the capabilities of TADS (Tactical Ambulance Defense System) in just a couple years. On the other hand a fire truck based fleet system would provide the defensive [i]and[/i] offensive capabilities that we need for many years to come. I would be willing to give up some defense levels and spend some extra money at this point in time to convert the fleet over to AFTSS (Advanced Fire Truck Superiority System), for it will be much more expensive and dangerous to convert the fleet ten years from now. This is not to say we will be giving up ambulances all together. They will still serve a roll in low-value target defense.

Jake
    [B]I agree that the extensive training required for a replacement fleet of fire trucks would be time consuming and costly, but you must stop thinking short term. Our defensive needs will outstrip the capabilities of TADS (Tactical Ambulance Defense System) in just a couple years. On the other hand a fire truck based fleet system would provide the defensive [i]and[/i] offensive capabilities that we need for many years to come. I would be willing to give up some defense levels and spend some extra money at this point in time to convert the fleet over to AFTSS (Advanced Fire Truck Superiority System), for it will be much more expensive and dangerous to convert the fleet ten years from now. This is not to say we will be giving up ambulances all together. They will still serve a roll in low-value target defense.

Jake [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahem, surely you're forgetting Nitrous Oxide? Neither the Ambulance nor the Fire Truck is built to stand the strain of Nos, which is required to fight any modern threat to security. Criminals are getting faster and better, and in order to keep up with them, we must move away from conventional defense systems, toward something much more daring. With this in my, I introduce the BRDF, AKA the B0x0r R0x0r!ng D3f3n53 F1337.
    [B]I agree that the extensive training required for a replacement fleet of fire trucks would be time consuming and costly, but you must stop thinking short term.

Our defensive needs will outstrip the capabilities of TADS (Tactical Ambulance Defense System) in just a couple years. On the other hand a fire truck based fleet system would provide the defensive [i]and[/i] offensive capabilities that we need for many years to come. I would be willing to give up some defense levels and spend some extra money at this point in time to convert the fleet over to AFTSS (Advanced Fire Truck Superiority System), for it will be much more expensive and dangerous to convert the fleet ten years from now. This is not to say we will be giving up ambulances all together. They will still serve a roll in low-value target defense.

Jake [/B][/QUOTE]

May I remind you Freejack, that our budget ONLY caters for the short term. The Cheese Mining Industry on Vega 7 at the edge of Aardvark space is currently in recession, resulting in the shares we currently own in cheese to plummet.

I told the board that investing in cheese was a bad option, and to put the money into General Vorklifts, but I believe you pushed the issue and swayed Warleader and the others around.

While I agree that Firetrucks [b]are[/b] an investment for the future, especially owing to their multiple-scenario deployment capabilities, we simply do not have the money. An entire fleet is out of the question.

However, a compromise may be reached.

I suggest a limited Firetruck investment programme, whereby the remaining funds from the ambulance upgrades be spent on a small number of Firetrucks to act as heavy tactical support for the Ambulance fleet. If all goes well, we may endeavour to invest greater sums in more Firetrucks at a later date.

Lastly, I think your plan for degrading the ambulance fleet to low-value target defense is highly arrogant considering the valued service that the ambulances from the rim have provided over the years. Long have ambulances struck terror into the hearts of any Aardvarks that dared encrouch on our space. At the battle of Richard Simmons 5, a small fleet of ambulances routed a whole army of Aardvarks just by turning their flashy lights on!

I suggest you choose your words more carefully. If it wern't for the ambulances, we wouldn't have a watercooler!

Regards,
    Morden
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morden279 [/i]
    [B]programme[/B][/QUOTE]

I present you all with proof of a traitor within our midsts... everyone knows only Aardvark sympathizers speak British! This is an obvious sign of an imminent invasion by our four-legged enemies, and a warning: the ambulance fleet is terribly out of date, and could not possibly withstand an Aardvark onslaught, even with the proposed upgrades, [i]made by the spy[/i]. Recent intel has proven that the Aardvarks are amassing an army of SL7000 Vorklifts, the latest and greatest in outer space technology. Surely, not even Fire Trucks could withstand such an invasion. We cannot sit idly by with our Ambulances and Fire Trucks, while the enemy waits at our gates! Now is a time for action! We must invest our every dollar in ensuring that Humankind survives; and not only survives, but also thrives! I beseech you, my brothers, do not let our enemies destroy us, simply because we could not come together as one people against a common foe! USPs are the way to go!
  • Shut up exile... :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Shut up exile... :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Hush, [i]SPY[/i], or I'll break out the James Bond jokes.

*Brandishes USP*
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]Hush, [i]SPY[/i], or I'll break out the James Bond jokes.

*Brandishes USP* [/B][/QUOTE]

Great stuff exile, I'm suprised you don't do stand-up.

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Great stuff exile, I'm suprised you don't do stand-up.

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I do. Unfortunately, due to my aforementioned stereotype of British people, I avoid that crazy island.
    [B]Unfortunately, due to my aforementioned stereotype of British people, I avoid that crazy island. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good. :)

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Good. :)

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

Watch yourself, or I just might pay you a visit. :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I believe that you are all underestimating the design reliability of the current watercooler models. By following warleaders suggestions, we can create the most tactically sound fleet in the universe. As to fire trucks, I would not trust my dog with a firetruck. To invest in firetrucks is mere folly, and I propose that the_exile is the real traitor here! How many times has he tried for world/universe domination? He should be tried for high crimes against the alliance and spaced out the almighty watercooler.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rhett [/i]
    [B]As to fire trucks, I would not trust my dog with a firetruck. To invest in firetrucks is mere folly, and I propose that the_exile is the real traitor here! How many times has he tried for world/universe domination? He should be tried for high crimes against the alliance and spaced out the almighty watercooler. [/B][/QUOTE]

GUARDS, SEIZE HIM!

*Turns on anti-USP defense grid*

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]GUARDS, SEIZE HIM!

*Turns on anti-USP defense grid*

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

*Whips out Anti-Anti-USP*

Boy Scout Motto... :D
    [B]*Whips out Anti-Anti-USP*

Boy Scout Motto... :D [/B][/QUOTE]

*Anvil drops on exile from above*

Regards,
    Morden
    Great, what was a civilized disscussion on the benefits of fire trucks has just turned into looney toons...so goes all threads at firstones...

Jake
    [B]*Anvil drops on exile from above*

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

*Shoots anvil in two with gun, causing the two pieces to fall to either side*

:D
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    The ambulances sweap in and take away the exile screaming and crying like a baby. Ambulances, are, of course imperivious to everything...
    [B]*Shoots anvil in two with gun, causing the two pieces to fall to either side* [/B][/QUOTE]

Then, reality intervenes... :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Then, reality intervenes... :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

I find reality only gets in the way of my everyday life, and thus, I ignore it. Take this for an example...

It is a well documented fact that ambulances are impervious to damage, in all it's many shapes and forms. However...

*Blows up ambulances with several well-placed shots*

:D
  • Oh, exile uses his USP, big fucking suprise... :rolleyes:

*Puts in order for anti-Exile armour plating.*

Regards,
    Morden
    [B]Oh, exile uses his USP, big fucking suprise... :rolleyes:

*Puts in order for anti-Exile armour plating.*

Regards,
    Morden [/B][/QUOTE]

That might protect them from me, but not my trusty USPs. :D
    [B]That might protect them from me, but not my trusty USPs. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh, well, the whole idea of "anti-exile armour plating" is that it can withstand ANYTHING to do with you. This includes your USPs as well as your inhorant jibberish and constant spamming. :)

Regards,
    Morden
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_exile [/i]
    [B]That might protect them from me, but not my trusty USPS. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok I like my United States Postal Service just as much as the next guy, but I hardly think they have the where-with-all to do much damage to a fleet of Ambulances.

Jake
    [B]Ok I like my United States Postal Service just as much as the next guy, but I hardly think they have the where-with-all to do much damage to a fleet of Ambulances.

Jake [/B][/QUOTE]

And THAT is where you are misinformed, Jack. The USPS are seasoned guerilla fighters, capable of ambushing superior Ambulance forces, and melting back into the void of space before anyone can react.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    In the end it doesn't even matter...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]In the end it doesn't even matter... [/B][/QUOTE]

I tried so hard
    And got so far
    But in the end
    It doesn't even matter

I had to fall
    To lose it all
    But in the end
    It doesn't even matter

Words to live by...
    Yeeesh!

I was listening to the it when I wrote that.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]Yeeesh!

I was listening to the it when I wrote that. [/B][/QUOTE]

99 RED BALLOONS FLOATING IN THE SUMMER SKY
    No thanks, I hate baloons!