Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Introducing The Great Machine, the B5 Wiki!

2»

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I must congratulate Random Chaos on the amount of sheer content he is adding. Im working on Season Three right now (at a snails pace) but RC is really cranking out pages. So congrats to him and everyone else who is putting in the time to make this thing great!!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Centauri is mostly done now. Thats the last of the 4 major races.

Now we need to finish making the sub pages for all those races and make the minor races (including the Vorlons and Shadows who aren't really minor, though our history of them is much more limited and so much shorter to make).

I'll be back to editing on Sunday. I expect to see other people to have done stuff :) :)
  • NorlionNorlion Earthforce Officer
    Oh boy! Now I can put in planets and systems galore! I will make sure ot get everything sourced.

Editing this thing is easy.
  • Please note that species are listed by the singular form of their name--for example, the Narns are listed under "Narn," and the Humans are listed under "Human." Most variants have redirects in place, but I've noticed a few mislinked keywords.

Also, capitalization DOES matter. I would suggest always capitalizing the first letter of each word in an article's title.
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    Is it appropriate to put the FirstOnes Amazon links in the Novels section, or would this fit better under Merchandise? Same for the DVDs?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    put the link on the merchendice page, but have the novil and dvd page reference the merch page
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]I'll see if I can dig up some information on some stuff. I know my roommate could probably conjur up lots of thoughts on EA history. I'd really like to get a real Babylon 5 [b]Universe[/b] encylopedia going :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I think Agents of Gaming and now, Mongoose, had/has more than a few thoughts about EA history. In fact, EA history has been documented in some AoG products, or planned products if I remember correctly.
    If you know the episode you are referencing just link to the episode description (put an Episodes: section at the end of the article). We assume that most stuff in the episode descriptions come from the episode in question.

Actually I need to go back and do a lot of this :)

As for other references, if it is Lurkers guide or official JMS/B5 material lets assume you don't need detailed references. If it is other outside stuff, reference.

Most of my ship info was pulled from [url]www.tp2d.de,[/url] but when I set up the category system my reference was lost (it was on the index page for it all). I need to go back and reference that site on most ship pages.

--RC
    We've got a new page!
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Random Chaos [/i]
    [B]We've got a new page! [/B][/QUOTE]
    :D
    Thought I would give everyone an update:

Wiki now is skinned! This means you don't see the boring "Book" graphic and "Flower" logo and white on gray colors anymore. It now has Firstones Blue, blue nebula and star background, and The Great Machine graphic!

Note that the graphics are temporary until someone decides to make really good ones! :D

YIPPIE!

:D

Also I've finished off Zathras and time stabilization and started on the B5 station tour and created a Zocalo bazzar page. :)

--RC
    Started working my way through the episodes. Season 1 almost complete now. Also added Shadow page, ISN News page (under "Visit the Zocalo"), killed a number of Stubs of actors/actresses (duped content from Wiki, then edited), and added a batch of related content to Season 1.

Whee - something like 500 edits since yesterday morning by me :D

----

Rhett: I changed the format of the Episode pages to include a header containing episode info. Check it out before you edit more pages and try and incorperate it. Make sure you create the writer categories before you link to a writer not previously seen...oh wait...you're doing S3 - those are all by JMS.

----

Everyone:
    *Someone needs to do the JMS page. Someone volunteer becuase I don't want to do that one.
    *We need a logo. I think Croxis is working on one, but I'm not positive. We welcome competition!
    *We need lots of graphics for the site (renders of ships, photos of species, etc.) - if you have anything we can use please upload it :)

----

Advertising:
    We need people to go about and advertise this thing. We need to get more people editing and viewing. If you can help, please! We are desperate!

Thanks,
    RC
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Yes I'm working on one :)
  • Nice work RC! :)

I've checked all the pages you did, so feel free to write more. :D
    I sort of work on this during times of intense procrastination on other stuff. If I let myself go I would be constantly writing this stuff. The problem is I actually have other stuff to get done :D