Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[URL=http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6457609]Rumsfeld RESIGNS![/URL]

But now we get another Amerinazi to run our defense...

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yay and about time! He's got a nice cushy pile of Diet Coke cash to keep him warma nd dry in his retirement.

Vote Hillary I say!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Favorite Rumsfeld quote ever...

"Reports that say something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are
    known knowns; there are things we know we know," Rumsfeld told a news briefing. "We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know."
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'm am rather confused as to why he wasn't asked to step down 6 months ago, as I think it could have made enough of a difference in the publics eye to avoid the sweep of both chambers...

Jake
  • Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]
    [B]But now we get another Amerinazi to run our defense... [/B][/QUOTE]

Robert Gates has been the president of Texas A&M University for the past four years; I've met and spoken with him personally. He is a good man who appears to have a good grasp on international affairs, and his experience has done nothing but improve his world-mindedness. He is definately NOT ethnocentric in thought.

Your statement offended me.

Is that better mods?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Dont go starting a bitchfight over politics on this forum. Take it to PM in that case.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Re: Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]Watch your words or I will stop watching mine, and while I may get banned, I will make it worth it. [/B][/QUOTE]

The one trying to start a flamewar is you, not cable guy. Consider yourself warned.
  • Re: Re: Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The one trying to start a flamewar is you, not cable guy. Consider yourself warned. [/B][/QUOTE]

Fine. I've made my point.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Re: Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedAssAg05 [/i]
    [B]Robert Gates has been the president of Texas A&M University for the past four years; I've met and spoken with him personally. He is a good man who appears to have a good grasp on international affairs, and his experience has done nothing but improve his world-mindedness. He is definately NOT ethnocentric in thought.

Your statement offended me.

Is that better mods? [/B][/QUOTE]

Two words: Iran Contra.
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Or that time he lied about the Soviet Union being behind the pope's assassination attempt, despite knowing it wasn't true?
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Re: Re: Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]The one trying to start a flamewar is you, not cable guy. Consider yourself warned. [/B][/QUOTE]

Personaly Ive never met the guy but cable guy throwing around amerinazi has pissed me off too.

I mean severely, like thrown on DHS no fly list, or just go all Brownshirt on him, if Im going to be nazi for voting republican I might as well go out and start running deathsquads right? wouldnt want to keep making a liar out of certain people on this forum.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    heh

So how long did it take for [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law]Godwin's Law[/url] to kick in here?
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Victory for DEMOCRAZY!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]Personaly Ive never met the guy but cable guy throwing around amerinazi has pissed me off too.

I mean severely, like thrown on DHS no fly list, or just go all Brownshirt on him, if Im going to be nazi for voting republican I might as well go out and start running deathsquads right? wouldnt want to keep making a liar out of certain people on this forum. [/B][/QUOTE] Eh.. I have absolutely no problems with classical conservatives and old tyme republicans. The jesus-heavy emphasis that the GOP has been pushing lately is what I dislike.

Also, you're kinda a cock.
    I have no problem with fiscal conservatives and libertarians. But the GOP? No, they are off their rocker, having lost that which they profess to uphold.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]heh

So how long did it take for [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law]Godwin's Law[/url] to kick in here? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Cable Guy Invoked in in the First post and its gone down hill since then

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WHY [/i]
    [B]Eh.. I have absolutely no problems with classical conservatives and old tyme republicans. The jesus-heavy emphasis that the GOP has been pushing lately is what I dislike.

Also, you're kinda a cock. [/B][/QUOTE

Well the current anti religious tone that the Democrats are throwing about and the left is just going to make the situation worse, its gone and put the evangelicals in bunker mode now, they think the left is out to burn all the bibles and confiscate all churches and stuff. Which is about as realistic a view of the democrat party position then the fact that the repubs were going for some sort of christian theocracy.

Dear god the only protestant "theocracy" I can think of was MAYBE England under Cromwell, and that doesnt make the cut either, since it was about untitled merchants with mony snagging power away from the Lords of the Relm..

As for the behavior fiscaly of the current congress. That is what have gotten them in trouble. As for being off their rocker, well, no, I think the democrats are off their rocker, because their inability to realize what the current international situation actually is, and how precarious the positions of the western nations is in the long term at this point, and how we have been brought to that point, not by conservative policies, but by liberal ones. I mean look at the situation in Europe, our german posters can inform us on the wonderfull economic situation there.

Lastly why am I a cock? because I resent the implication that just because its bush nominating a sec def were going to end up with an amerinazi? its a seriously grave insult. If this was 1792, Id be dueling people damnit! I DEMAND SATISFACTION! *smacks people with his right glove*
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tyvar [/i]
    [B]Well the current anti religious tone that the Democrats are throwing about and the left is just going to make the situation worse, its gone and put the evangelicals in bunker mode now, they think the left is out to burn all the bibles and confiscate all churches and stuff. Which is about as realistic a view of the democrat party position then the fact that the repubs were going for some sort of christian theocracy.

Dear god the only protestant "theocracy" I can think of was MAYBE England under Cromwell, and that doesnt make the cut either, since it was about untitled merchants with mony snagging power away from the Lords of the Relm..
    [/b][/quote]

Unfortunately, Tyvar, democrats have never claimed to not endorse religion. That is a myth of the right. What democrats refuse to do is (a) endorse any specific religion over another and (b) not persecute people based on religion.

Democrats are endorsed by many major religious movements. This would not be so if they were anti-religious.

The right and the left are equally supported by religions. The right is supported by fundamentalist, evangelical, and other conservative Christian movements (sorry, Jack, if you object to my definitions). In comparison, the left is endorsed by the more moderate and liberal religious movements, such as protestants.
    Wait, what? Aside from the abortion issue, catholics are (perhaps somewhat unintuitively) rather liberal in the American dichotomy. The extreme fundamentalist movements are all protestant.
    A: Where did I say Catholic?

B: By Protestant, I refer to the movements that came out of Europe, not the new age evangelical stuff that developed here in the US.
    Ah. B answers A, then. Seemed like you were implying that catholics fell within the Republican base, which, despite the divisiveness of the abortion issue, tends not to be true.
    So yeah RC, the New Madrid earthquake zone is an interesting diversion for me now that I live near by...

Between fossil hunting here in TN and compiling my Database for my web site, I have at least something close to volcanic to keep me occupied, now that I don't live near Long Valley anymore.

I'm jealous though. Was on chat with some friends in CA who just got back from camping at Obsidian Dome.

;)
    Jack, did you hear about that new island in the pacific? It emerged from the sea within the last week as the result of a volcano.

Article: [url]http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=391&sid=969231[/url]

Photos: [url]http://yacht-maiken.blogspot.com/2006/08/stone-sea-and-volcano.html[/url]
    Ah man that is wild... What I wouldn't have given to be there...

Nice find!
    Yeah.

Rainier has had some nice deep rumbles at the beginning of October, but nothing abnormal since then. Mt. St. Helens is about where it normally is: exploding slowly.

Wonder when the next big one is going to be. Any ideas?
    Some are placing bets on Yellowstone.

Which leads to something else I was thinking about recently. Geo-terrorism

Like lighting of a nuke just above Yellwostone lake to pop the cork on that biatch...

:s
    .... damnit why do our religious discussions end in geology and vulcanologhy!? :P

entire northwest is starting to see an upswing (slightly) of activity, its a fun time here, wondering which mountain is going to take out which communities ;)
    That could be a huge explosion. There or long valley.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Some are placing bets on Yellowstone.

Which leads to something else I was thinking about recently. Geo-terrorism

Like lighting of a nuke just above Yellwostone lake to pop the cork on that biatch...

:s [/B][/QUOTE]

As cool and SMERSH like an idea as that sounds, I dont think it would work that way... as I keep stating from having delt with professionals in "the buisness" the effectiveness and leathiality of nuclear weapons has been somewhat over rated by hollywood... unfortunatly :( otherwise with my urnaium contacts Id be on my way to heading my own secret evil orgnization! :D
    It would work if it could be burried in the ground. However, it would do more damage if they just let it boil for another few years, decades, centuries until it explodes on it's own.
  • @Red sorry but I just don't trust a guy whose been a spook for most of his political career. Im sure hes real nice in person, hell Im nice in person but its what goes on behind the scenes that you don't see. Im neither here nor there when it comes to either party, you really think I'd just trust somebody like Hillary Clinton to run my country? Im too damn individualistic for either of the two and when it comes down to it either party differs little ok yes theres abortion and the gay solution but everything else. I doubt the democrats would seriously pull out of Iraq tommorow if we had Kerry up there.
    Theirs two things I look for in my president whether or not he'll do the mosh pit.

And two the likelyhood of him getting a blow job in office.

@Biggles they've been asking for his resignation for a few years now.

But yeah you can always vote for me for dictator!

First order of bizness paint the town green!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Cabl3 Guy [/i]@Red sorry but I just don't trust a guy whose been a spook for most of his political career. [/QUOTE]

Well now, I respect that opinion a lot more than a one-word insult. Thank you for clarifying; I still don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion and your right to express it.
  • [img]http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3219/yattaot1.png[/img]