Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Badger

Comments

• PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LogicSequence [/i]
    [B]i already did! i at least offered evidence! now you offer some!

P.S.
    IT IS A B A D G E R !!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

What Biggles said. ;)

Btw, no it's not.

- PJH
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Andy La Rubin [/i]
    [B]Badger-lovers, understand this:

1. Badger was mentioned by George Johnsen as a one of the *new* ships (reread Sergei S' post). And that post was in the middle of 4th season! And 2-seated 'fury was around already at the time (from season 1).

2. Tim Earls mentioned that Badger was *his* one of the first designs in B5, but it *never* saw the light of day. (But I can't quote TE exactly here, I've kinda lost the reference...) [/B][/QUOTE]

Finally someone else who rememberes speaks up.

I also now remember those both instances. Didn't Tim Earls even tell that here in Firstones in fact, or do I remember wrong? He was here once as many of you know and we talked about the ships of B5 and ST. I can't remember for sure, but he might've told about the badger here in that thread.

Thanks Andy. :)

- PJH
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    Indeed the conversation took place not on firstones, but I believe in the news group.

Tim Earls was quite adimant that the badger was never seen, but he created a model of it plus the cotton class tender which were suppost to be used in a TNT movie, but they werent so we have no clue what they look like.
  • LogicSequenceLogicSequence Elite Ranger
    Cotton Tender:
    [IMG]http://www.b5tech.com/earthalliance/earthallianceshipsandvessels/earthcapships/cotton/cotton.jpg[/IMG]
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    Doesn't look like TNT 2nd movie screenshot to me... :confused:
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    You really need to start posting sources, Logic. :)
    UM... right click on the picture and hit properties... i thought that was kind of a no brainer.... and if u don't like that source, type Babylon 5 cotton tender into yahoo and u'll get it all over the web, including lightwave and other 3d meshes. i myself modeled one for Buda5.
  • Roi DantonRoi Danton Moderator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]You really need to start posting sources, Logic. :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    Have a look at the source of the image, then you get the source. He, short wordplay :rolleyes: .

[url]http://www.b5tech.com/[/url]

EDIT: Hmpf, Logic was 2 seconds faster than me.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That's a fan made model of a Cotton, which was only seen in the EarthForce Sourcebook for that RPG no one ever mentions.
    Posting the source and expecting people to look up the link of an image are two different things.
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    [B]and if u don't like that source, type Babylon 5 cotton tender into yahoo and u'll get it all over the web, including lightwave and other 3d meshes. i myself modeled one for Buda5. [/B][/QUOTE]

All these sources can hardly be called canonical.

But. Since both AoG (B5 Wars creators) and B5 RPG used the same design I *might* believe that they've looked at the same source (which *might* be Tim Earls' design)...
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]That's a fan made model of a Cotton, which was only seen in the EarthForce Sourcebook for that RPG no one ever mentions. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was designed to be in the show, But they never put it into the show for some reson.
    if you read the creditations in b5tech.com u will often see that many things on the site have been designed, or appoved as canon by tim earls or jms himself... u may want to actually read what's next to the *** in the captions somtimes...
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    Yeah I should do that,

But it takes to long.
    [B]if you read the creditations in b5tech.com u will often see that many things on the site have been designed, or appoved as canon by tim earls or jms himself... u may want to actually read what's next to the *** in the captions somtimes... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, many of those are cannon and approved, but many are not. B5Tech is a great website, but it's still a fan website. He has gathered himself all that information from around the net and possibly from various books. He's not an official source.

His site has contained some incorrect information during the years, which have been based on incorrect information spreading around the net, which some people keep official and reliable just like you now in the case of the Badger/Heavy 'Fury and the Badger is one of those misinformations on his site.

- PJH
  • Andy La RubinAndy La Rubin Earthforce Officer
    [B]if you read the creditations in b5tech.com u will often see that many things on the site have been designed, or appoved as canon by tim earls or jms himself... u may want to actually read what's next to the *** in the captions somtimes... [/B][/QUOTE]

OK, let's play THAT game...

Badger's "creditations":

[quote]
    *Non-atmospheric capability based on fact the Badger was a modified SA-23
    *Length estimated based on the size of the gatling on the Aurora's frame
    *Size figures based on the Aurora, taken from B5 Security Manual
    *Weapons for the Aurora, stated in the Sierra video game "Into the Fire" & guide, & Security Manual
    *Conjecture based on the rotational feature of the gatling gun, similar to that on the US Apache Helo.
    **These weapons, while thought to be missiles, were actually guns, as seen in AVITW part two
    **Missile figures taken from the B5 Security Manual and Sierra CD-ROM guide
    **Scanner figures from B5 Security Manual
    [/quote]

As I can see, nothing is said about source of the name for this one...

Cotten (not Cotton, btw):

[quote]
    [Information taken from the Babylon 5 RPG - considered cannon as its scenes were cut from ITB.]
    [/quote]

That's it! Info is from B5RPG and since it's scenes were cut from ITB (who said they were cut? They could never be filmed in the first place! Even the model could never been created from TE's designs!) "we consider it cannon."

Well... We don't.
    u know what? u guys just don't like to admit that there's a possibility that others are right and you are wrong... and as long as there's a shred of innaccuracy or mistake u run with it like bible thumpers gone mad to try and prove your point as if it were a holy cause. well get over it, there are no 100%'s. if i wanna say it's a badger, it's a badger to me and no ones gonna change it... if i wanna spell it cotton, so be it. there you go. the fact is you are no more right than i am. there is no "proof" either way. there are only opinions. and those are never 100%, and never can be.

oh and andy, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. don't say "we" unless you have a mouse in your pocket. i don't care who else feels the same way, u don't speak for them.
    Since 1999, Andy has always been the one to pipe up with the well-researched and accurate answers around here...
    well good for him, my comments still stand.
    And they sound like the comments of someone who's run out of argument too. :)
    no it's the sound of me fed up with people trying to force their views and opinions on others. It's the sound of me fed up with trying to explain that not everything is black or white. It's the sound of me being fed up with people that think they're views are better than anyone elses.
  • RendererRenderer Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][B] if i wanna say it's a badger, it's a badger to me and no ones gonna change it... if i wanna spell it cotton, so be it. [/B]/QUOTE]

Okay, okay... You might also think that X-Omega is really a Warlock, and that Zephyr is the Belt Alliance design...
    And spell your own name as you like and say you like it better that way... It's okay. Just don't try to prove it to the rest of the world. :)
    but see i can try to prove anything i want to the rest of the world. if i want to try to prove that londo is really a tiny little butterfly, i can.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    [B]but see i can try to prove anything i want to the rest of the world. if i want to try to prove that londo is really a tiny little butterfly, i can. [/B][/QUOTE

So it comes down you you being a hypocrite and not able to acknowledge when YOU are wrong, and shoving your beliefs on US? (by that I mean all of us who have disagreed with you, not my mousie) ;)

Only one person knows what they look like and thats Tim Earls, and he has yet to chime in, other then a conversation that took place on the newsgroup.

Frankly you wanna prove your point, email Tim Earls and ask him! or JMS!
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Logic Sequence is correct.

Badger = Heavy (2 seater) Starfury.

I'd show you the source, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

-R.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    So it's settled :D

Personally, I'm a fan of believing the badger is a heavy starfury, as well. And that it is what was seen in AVITW.2
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick [/i]
    [B]Logic Sequence is correct.

Badger = Heavy (2 seater) Starfury.-R. [/B][/QUOTE]

Now who do I believe? You or Tim Earls?

*Recalls Tim Earls is the main proponent of the 500 meter White Star*

Absolutly, who could doubt that the Badger is the two seater 'Fury? Makes the most sense out of all the other theorys.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    That's one big whitestar ;)
    whitestar is 476 meters long...............
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    I'm glad it seems you boys have settled down... for a moment there I thought I was going to have to euthenase a few of you before you turned into rabid technotrekkies....

the only good technotrekkie is a dead techtrekkie...