Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5's Straczynski live, MIT, May 22

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Better thought: Write questions down first. If they sound good again, [B]then[/B] ask them. It also helps in avoiding having this negative press linked to our humble corner of the internet.
  • MusicOfB5MusicOfB5 Trainee Boston, MA
    Hey JohnnyOnTheSpot,

I was at MIT Friday night and saw you get booed off the mic. I caught your reference to FirstOnes.com when you were speaking, so I figured I'd pop up here and see if anything was said...

It sounds like you were trying to have a little fun with JMS and ask a few silly questions (Favorite food???) which is fine I guess. But you obviously rubbed him the wrong way by using the word "pu$$y" shortly after he had told us he hates that word. Plus, using that language in this kind of arena is a bad idea in general. And then you ask him if he'd eat you?? That was just creepy.

By the time you got to your only good question (Into the Fire), you had already pissed him off and had no chance of getting an answer.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Oh I had them prewritten, unfortunately I was intimidated by Joe saying "Chapter 1" and I'm not one to appreciate sarcasm that much. And I was instantly mortified, whatever came out of my ass from there was of its own volition.

What my mind was telling me was not necessarily what I had to say at heart. I find myself, constantly doing this to myself, its possible the meds have this effect. But I'm sure that other people have this problem too, theres the things we want to say, the things we want to hear people say, and the things people actually end up saying.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I have to admit, I'm quite glad to hear that jms feels that B5 should have been left at B5, and not attempt the endless spinoffs. As much as I want the promised telepath war movie, constantly trying to make more B5 (or anything else) is what leads to so much crap being produced. Be happy with the incredible story we got.
    Infact there was one woman just after me I think she was trying to say that she loves him, its understandable. But she couldn't get it out and the moderator was very strict about going off topic.

One of the smarter persons actually ended up leaving Joe a note, "Yes it is." he says! I wonder if she left a number too? O.o

I should have just put the questions in front of him and asked him if he could answer them. :/

I had so many other questions that we're life long questions I wanted answered.

he spoke about fear of failure, well what about fear of success?
    Oh, I wish you had asked those life long questions rather than what you did. Knowing that JMS loves hamburgers wasn't quite the landmark revelation of the evening. ;-)
    [QUOTE=MusicOfB5;181855]Hey JohnnyOnTheSpot,

I was at MIT Friday night and saw you get booed off the mic. I caught your reference to FirstOnes.com when you were speaking, so I figured I'd pop up here and see if anything was said...

It sounds like you were trying to have a little fun with JMS and ask a few silly questions (Favorite food???) which is fine I guess. But you obviously rubbed him the wrong way by using the word "pu$$y" shortly after he had told us he hates that word. Plus, using that language in this kind of arena is a bad idea in general. And then you ask him if he'd eat you?? That was just creepy.

By the time you got to your only good question (Into the Fire), you had already pissed him off and had no chance of getting an answer.[/QUOTE]
    Since you were there MusicofBabylon5 do you remember Joe at any point saying, "Leave her alone."
    I can't say that I remember those words in particular. He said that in regards to what?
    I don't know, I may have been hallucinating...Its really strange I found this:

[URL="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://theemergencesite.com/Images/Mental-Illness-3Compared.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theemergencesite.com/Theory/Theory-Mental-Illness.htm&usg=__xzzw6Ku5nEljo867kV8AEJdyoTQ=&h=590&w=761&sz=63&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=7Un27orTNqim3M:&tbnh=110&tbnw=142&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmentally%2Bill%2Bclass%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN"]Mentall Illness/telepathy?[/URL]
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Please don't ever represent us again.
    Fuck you, why don't you try going on stage, in front of somebody you idealize.
  • I've done that :)
    who?
  • Tommy Walker
    I'll have to take a listen. Didn't know you were christian Seafroggies.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Ok now, no fighting. Points for the attempt, as It was something I would have really liked to visit. For future reference though, representation of FirstOnes.com requires that one be able to confidently and accurately deliver statements [B]positively[/B] portraying the community and its residents. :P There, problem solved. :p
    It was worth going either way, Joe was not the only person I met along the way. I discovered that Joe Haldeman actually teaches at MIT from a cool LARPer and writer girl! I wish I had the credentials for that class.
  • [QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;181871]I'll have to take a listen. Didn't know you were christian Seafroggies.[/QUOTE]

er, what?
    [url]http://www.tommywalker.net/about.html[/url], wrong guy?
  • yah
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    over my lifetime i've been on stage in front of about 100,000 people, in competition.
    Yeah but doing something your familiar with, and having your friends around. I went in solo without anyone.

Its not like you can really think clearly LIVING ON A PARK BENCH IN KENDALL SQUARE WITH BUMS PISSING AND SHITTING EVERYWHERE!
  • So like playing music that you've never seen in your life in front of judges, then scoring a scholarship?
    yeah?

Is this what happened to you Seafroggys?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    But everyones different. Not everyone is good on stage infront of people. So I guess points to Johnny for going and asking questions infront of people if he finds that kind of thing hard, but I also hope he learned some valueable things.
    I did, there was something he said "My wife said I couldn't write when I was in London. But I was suffering from withdrawal so I bought a pen and paper."

Reminds me that I am doing something right, considering that I always use pen and paper over a computer. It makes it so you can see your mistakes, and see where the story could have gone. Not only that the writing just seems generally better.

I've been on stage once before, but I had an assigned role and I knew the people there, beer helps too. :P

Also the footage, damn it, its such shitty camera work, and it keeps crashing on me whenever i try to load it...Sanfam could use your help.
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv-aJftn0Yo"]JMS SPEAKS[/URL] hurry before they take it down!
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiI2lwOtpb8"]JMS SPEAKS PT 2[/URL]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    So, any way of knowing what JMS said? :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    *Feels like he should have kept track of this thread a little more*
  • Someone deleted all their posts