Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Forklift Truck Sim...

Comments

• Gotta have the crane to move the forklifts needed, and move the containers from the train to the semi's
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Just to take Wiseguys plan just a bit further...how about a MMOOS: A Massive Multiplayer Online Occupational Simulator.

Now you too can tackle the blue collar jobs you know you always wanted to persue but your parents thought was below you.

This persistant, living world includes such features as

Compulsory Training Classes
    Lost Time Accidents and Workers Compensation
    Labor Unions
    OSHA Regulations
    Hard Nosed Foreman
    Unsympathetic Management
    Job Furlows
    Unemployment Offices
    Lazy and/or Backstabbing Co-workers

Jake
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    We can called it Workforce Online

Worf
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    World of Workforce. :D
  • [QUOTE=WORF;183993]How can we include that in Wiseguy's sim plan?[/QUOTE]

easy.

- use farming simulator to grow food you then feed your farm animals with it (i am sure we can dig up a farm animal sim somewhere).
    - you will then proceed to shoot that monstrous cow you just force fed in deer hunter (we can code in cows that hide in the woods).
    - now because the dead cow is so friggin huge you will then use the crane simulator to load it onto the truck.
    - drive them to manufacturing with euro truck simulator
    - load up butcher simulator (maybe crossplatform for the wii so you can use the controller to perfectly cut up your cow..)
    - drive the processed goods into town with railworks train simulator,
    - use the forklift simulator to transfer the goods from train to truck and deliver the goods to the store
    - use bus simulator to ferry the customers to the store
    - fire up the sims and have them buy the food
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    There's a [URL="http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11701030/Digger-Simulator/Product.html"]Digger Simulator[/URL] too!

We can use that to build the farm/factory/store.

Worf
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Stingray;184002]World of Workforce. :D[/QUOTE]

So we're finally admitting what most MMOs actually are? :p
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    It may be a really sad endorsement of my RealLife(tm) at the moment, but even those ideas would be more interesting that what is going on in my life currently
    [QUOTE=WORF;184004]There's a [URL="http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11701030/Digger-Simulator/Product.html"]Digger Simulator[/URL] too!

We can use that to build the farm/factory/store.

Worf[/QUOTE]

That game would only be good if you get to dig with [URL="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_baMXGgSrXX8/R0uXVh3c8ZI/AAAAAAAABUU/QkeewvoFFe0/s1600-h/21.bmp"]this[/URL].

Jake
  • Indeed it is part of the game: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJAz69EwhkE&fmt=22[/url]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Wow....that looks....errr....thrilling....

To calm down after watching that I think I'm going to have to watch my kettle boil
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    *Falls asleep*
  • the dx11 versions will probably be more life like and exciting
    That game appears to have the most painful control scheme ever.
    Haha, it does have that big Krupp excavator, now if only I could ravage the countryside with it.

and yes that does look like an infuriating control scheme...

Jake
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    This one seems much better.
  • wow that guy really sucked on that. I bet he's a lawyer in RL :p Or more probably a microsoft programmer.
    Farming Simulator 2009 arrived in the mail yesterday. :D

I already cultivated a field and sowed barley on it. Harvested a wheat and canola field. Hauled the stuff back to my farm. I drove a load of barley to the mill and cashed in a pretty penny.

The gear you start out with was alright 30 years ago. I guess that's what the money is for: upgrades.

While the game won't win any prizes for realism, I would say it has some educational value and is quite suitable for kids.

There are fields waiting to be harvested that you don't have equipment for, like grass, corn and the straw that drops to the ground when you harvest wheat or barley.

The visuals are moody without being cutting edge. If you don't like Falcon 4.0, you'll love this. :D
    Jeezus you actually wasted your money on buying it?! Man you must be bored!
    Why, what's wrong with that? I think it's an interesting concept. I mean if games like the Sims get made and earn millions, why not make one about farming. I thought I'd support another non-violent game developer for a change. I like FPS games as much as the next guy, but I do like to try other ways of entertainment as well.

I'm currently taking a break from Fallout 3. Still have the DLC expansion packs to play and a few corners of the maps to explore but I'm not in the proper mood right now.

So many games that are worth playing, but many are just variations of the same thing, over and over again. Red Faction Guerilla looks interesting but if the PC version is going to be anything like Saints Row 2 on the technical side, I may just skip it altogether. SR2 ended up being fun, but nobody should have to go through all that technical mess to have fun.

But don't despair, I won't get any of the other games made by the same company. :D
    I guess its just that I cant imagine a more boring game heh! Except possibly that educational maths 'game' my parents bought me when I was about 7 ;)
    I suppose Flight Simulator is boring to you as well?

There are games that I find boring too, they usually involve business simulations with stock trading. Only an accountant will enjoy the excitement of a spreadsheet. I mean, look at all those numbers!! :D
    Actually I used to be addicted to flight sims ;)
  • flight sims have a very long history
    Yeah and I like history. Now where do you want this thread to go? :D
  • heart pounding action and simulator should not be used in the same sentance.

this apollo one looks like very long stretches of nothing

[URL="http://www.apollosimulator.com/lmcockpit.wmv"]http://www.apollosimulator.com/lmcockpit.wmv[/URL]
  • Oh dear god... Nowadays the military is flying UAV's from other side of the world, maybe one day all the forklifts and such will be remote controlled as well.

If IT-sector is outsourcing now towards India for example, maybe they'll steer our excavators with remote connection one day... And what we saw on that youtube video becomes reality... With all the flaws.
    [QUOTE=sinclair;184053]maybe one day all the forklifts and such will be remote controlled as well.[/QUOTE]

It's been done. On a commercial level, too.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;184051]heart pounding action and simulator should not be used in the same sentance.

this apollo one looks like very long stretches of nothing

[URL="http://www.apollosimulator.com/lmcockpit.wmv"]http://www.apollosimulator.com/lmcockpit.wmv[/URL][/

Apollo Simulator? That's for sissies! It's all about Orbiter.

And...
    Anything's better with Bon Jovi playing in the background. :D