Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Twilight...

Comments

• thanks for everything rick & CO. good luck on future endeavors.

Kerry "rc" Dolan
  • Oh fittle sticks, I go away for a couple of weeks, and this happens. Oh well, we all tried. We've waited this long, a few more years couldn't hurt.

------------------
    "God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."
  • RandyRandy Master Storyteller
    [quote]Originally posted by RubberEagle:
    [b]...the point i was heading for is, what would Rick or Randy or anyone else from the team ...do, if they were approached...[/b][/quote]

Given the autonomy and support necessary to create another benchmark - I'd jump at the opportunity in a heartbeat.
  • "Just a Question"
    Now that it s all over....
    You and everyone else is going to have a rest ,
    and get some jobs......
    "Will the Company, Sector 14 Studios continue?"
    or did that die with ITF?
  • EternityEternity Elite Ranger
    Right now I need a few battleships and the Sierra HQ building.

A broadsige from the German BattleShip Bismark ought to do it!

8*16" shells. OUCH!!!!!!

KILL MURDER ANNILIATE DESTROY ARG HATE AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[snip]
    Where is a good battleship when you REALLY need one??????????????

[This message has been edited by Sanfam (edited 06-13-2001).]
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Don't worry about S14. It'll stay around-- depending on wht this "next project" evolves into (game, eFilm, eBook), s14 will at least be a part of it in format...

------------------
    [i]"...In the end it would hold because what is built endures. And what is loved endures.
    And Babylon 5...Babylon 5 endures."[/i] -- Delenn in the Babylon 5 episode [i]Rising Star[/i]
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    As far as sierra goes, all the people responsible for cancelling the game have either left or been fired.

Karma rules.

------------------
    [i]"...In the end it would hold because what is built endures. And what is loved endures.
    And Babylon 5...Babylon 5 endures."[/i] -- Delenn in the Babylon 5 episode [i]Rising Star[/i]
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    *sigh*

Well, we did our best, we went down fighting. While our battle has changed, I belive that we are only in a lull of the war. I cannot belive that this is the end of Babylon 5 in teh gaming arena. Eventually, we will be able to play Babylon 5 on our home PCs.

To Rick, Randy, John, and the rest of the devs.

Thank you very much for all your hard work, and please, don't be strangers to the board! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

------------------
    [b]whitestar90: [/b]"it would give the computer a heartattack just looking at it" -
    [b]Sanfam: [/b]"And Drazi didn't like it one bit.-
    [b]Mr.Bungle: [/b][i]"So that's where the forum went..."[/i]-
    ---
    [b][i]ahhh, the good old days of HTML.[/i][/b]
  • EternityEternity Elite Ranger
    Even as the light that spans the distances between the stars reaches us, we find that we are no more. A people lost, without path. A sense of forboding sets over us all. The future unclear.

I once heard that what is built endures, but that the future only reveals itself slowly, and never all at once.

Perhaps with the making of the [i]Legend of the Rangers[/i], [i]Babylon 5: Into the Fire[/i] will have a revial, and Sierra will finish the game.

Two phrases that I will always cherice are these:

[i]The truth points to itself[/i] but what is the truth?

[i]The future holds what the future holds.[/i] Well I think we can all guess what this means.

Finally I have been told by many people that by the time I am 30 - less than 10 years from now I will be a millionaire. Persionally I am a little more than skeptical about this, but if it is true then I say this to you all:

I will do everything in my power at that time, to make the BEST B5 game that money can make, for that current tech. level. Money wouldn't be an option!

May the goodness of God go with you all, now and forever. Peace and prosperity to you all. Goodbye.

Eternity signing off.
    (for now)
  • Monty - the one and onlyMonty - the one and only Earthforce Officer
    ITF is dead....
    oh well!

There are plenty of mods out there to keep me going....some of which may never of happened without this place or this game.

good luck to the Dev's with thier futures....
  • [quote]Originally posted by Rick:
    [b]Don't worry about S14. It'll stay around-- depending on wht this "next project" evolves into (game, eFilm, eBook), s14 will at least be a part of it in format...

[/b][/quote]

I'm GLAD. [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I hope that S14S stays around. I hope you guys decide to make another game. And I hope that the game is made to tell a story, not show pretty graphics or anything like that. You know, like games used to be, how they should be. Games like Kings Quest, like Flashback (my god, that was an awesome game), like The Longest Journey.

Show the world how games should be. Maybe they will follow.

------------------
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.
    The Balance provides. The Balance protects.

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Well Rick... Randy...

At the very least, one good thing came out of the B5:Itf effort...

S14 saved LotR's @$$...

heh heh (Sorry I can't comment more folks!)

[img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]

One thing I have noticed amoung all the talk of how this common mission brought everyone here together (The Gathering so to speak), is the fact that the people out here have taken a chance on their dreams, people who would have normally just thought about how neat it would be to build a game, either as a programmer, or an artist, have taken the leap and jumped in. I really believe that this place and the common cause has been a catalyst in everyones lives out here.

It's very ironic how much of what has happened in the years out here, correlates with the B5 Universe.

I would hope that JMS at least is a lurker here, even if he never posts, just so that he could appreciate the levels of effect he started in motion so long ago.

I'll be here even after the lights go out...

[img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/wink.gif[/img]
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    By the way Rick:

If you ever need a Lightwave Artist for your film/game projects, give me a call...

[img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!
  • Just great! I go away for a week and it all goes to hell. At least firstones are still here,and thank god for the mods. I'm still mad,Maybe we should boycott Sierra?(Kidding)

------------------
    [i]Don't think of it as being outnumbered, think of it as a wide target selction"[/i]
  • Drazi GuyDrazi Guy Elite Ranger
    Now now Jack.... no talk of that! [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/smile.gif[/img]
  • Babylon6Babylon6 Earthforce Officer
    Sadness. Its all I feel now.

S14 dudes - keep on rolling
  • MarcusColeMarcusCole Earthforce Officer
    Just one question:
    WHY??? Why they didn't wanted to continue B5:ITF?

Ps: is there any hope for a brand-new B5 game from S14 studios? [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/biggrin.gif[/img]
    And who's the Entity?

--Marcus
    "We live for the One, we cry for the One"

/*entering evangelion-like frenzy/beserk mode
    NOOOOO!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!
    */

[This message has been edited by MarcusCole (edited 06-12-2001).]
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [quote]S14 saved LotR's @$$...[/quote]

I'll bet I know what that means...
  • Except that the Bismark was sunk after it *decimated* the Hood in a matter of minutes. That ought to teach them to put better armour on their ships, especially around the magazines. Ouch.

Matt

[This message has been edited by Matt [Psionic] (edited 06-12-2001).]
    Jack: You know you want to comment more!

------------------

"Nonono...Is not [i]Great[/i] Machine. Is...[i]Not[/i]-so-Great Machine. It make good snow cone though." - Zathras
  • This sucks... [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img] [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img] I really wanted to play the game...

[img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]

------------------
    Tall ships and tall kings
    Three times three,
    What brought they from the foundered land
    Over the flowing sea?
    Seven stars and seven stones
    And one white tree.
  • WalkerWalker Earthforce Officer
    All I have to say is 'damn'.

Yes, it would've been an excellent game, but to tell the truth, the reason I still came (and post occationally) to this forum wasn't to see if it was finally picked up (although, it would've been nice), it's because I liked the people here. Granted, I wasn't too active, but it's not really in my nature to...

I'm not sure if any one has pointed this out yet (I'm sure they have, I just glanced over it), but this is probably the only time this many people have [i]ever[/i] come together in support of a doomed game, and I think that's just kinda cool. Also, it's rare to see the developers so active in the community as they have been with this one, which I think is excellent and I wish more developers would show the level of enthusiasm (sp?) they have (and I hope I can do the same if/when my time comes).

I'm not sure if this post is going anywhere, so I guess I'll just end it now...

-- Walker
  • omegaomega Earthforce Officer
    [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\icon18.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by omega (edited 06-12-2001).]
  • So who has the current souce code for the game? and what's going to happen to it?

It seems pointless it just sitting on someones hard-drive or even worse being deleted! Cant it be released as freeware in it's unfinshed state(with the usual no money can be made from this game). Permission would probobly be needed from WB but i don't see what the would object to.

I'm sure they'll be programs out there who tidy the code up and make it playable for personal satisfation.

I know the above is in probable but i'd like to know why it can't be done.

ohh well;

Armadillo throwing the lastchance dice for the future of ITF [img]http://216.15.145.59/mainforums/frown.gif[/img]

------------------
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
    Time to die."

b5:ITF 1998-2001 - A dream not given form
  • WalkerWalker Earthforce Officer
    AFAIK, the source still belongs to Sierra and it would be illegal for it to be released w/out their approval. As for where it is, my guess is on Sierra's network somewhere (probably on a box with the rest of their source code). One of the devs *might* have a copy, but that'd be something they'd have to keep quiet...

-- Walker
    The problem is it is Sierra who owns the code, not WB. And Sierra can't finish it because there is no way in hell WB will ever give them the B5 liscense again after how they abused it last time they had it.

------------------

• Its sad sometimes when people who try so hard for something. And pray and hope, and do everything they can, are let down by people. Usualy the ones they respected the most. It is a grim day for all. But may it spawn something greater. May it bring new hope to all that ITF will never be forgoten. What was done was done. But let the memory live on.

God bless all of section 14 for their efforts. And God bless all particapants of the forum for their belief and work as well. Mods will be made, Hopes will be broken, and promises never kept. BUt let it be know that Babylon 5 will continue, on to your children and your children's children.

Once agian i say thanks.

Tally Ho....

Jabbernack signing off.
  • Its sad sometimes when people who try so hard for something. And pray and hope, and do everything they can, are let down by people. Usualy the ones they respected the most. It is a grim day for all. But may it spawn something greater. May it bring new hope to all that ITF will never be forgoten. What was done was done. But let the memory live on.

God bless all of section 14 for their efforts. And God bless all particapants of the forum for their belief and work as well. Mods will be made, Hopes will be broken, and promises never kept. BUt let it be know that Babylon 5 will continue, on to your children and your children's children.

Once agian i say thanks.

Tally Ho....

Jabbernack signing off.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [quote]Originally posted by Biggles:
    [b]I hope that S14S stays around. I hope you guys decide to make another game. And I hope that the game is made to tell a story, not show pretty graphics or anything like that. You know, like games used to be, how they should be. Games like Kings Quest, like Flashback (my god, that was an awesome game), like The Longest Journey.

Show the world how games should be. Maybe they will follow.

[/b][/quote]

They need to do an adventure game about the adventures of Firstones.com.. (or LIESURE SUIT LONDO!)

------------------
    ..And so it Begins