Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Squeeeeeee!!!!

Comments

• sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Yeah there was a lot reused in season 2 from season 1. Between the two seasons though the music became more prominent. It was a bit downplayed for some of season 1, became more recognizable in season 2, and is much more noticeable in season 3.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    On the topic of soundtracks, anybody know when the BSG S3 and S1-3 Bonus releases will happen?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    August for the S3 soundtrack.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The only problem is how much of it will be genuinely good. I was fairly disappointed with the S3 score we were able to hear. Most of the cues were rehashes of those we were already familiar with.
    The track I'm most looking forward to is All Along the Watchtower :)

Worf
    Spoiler: The Face of Boe has spoken...thoughts?

Worf
    [QUOTE=WORF;158993] Spoiler: The Face of Boe has spoken...thoughts?

Worf[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know in 7 hours when it's done downloading....*groan*...739 seeds....5,170 leechers.....:(

Edit: Okay I've seen it! Spoiler: I was right, Boe's secret was exactly what I thought it was. Wikipedia tipped me off to what he was going to say and it was exactly right, which encourages me that the other things the Wiki revealed might also be correct, such as a certain theory mentioned above as to the identity of Mister Saxon.

Second Edit: Was it just me or did this episode go by really fast? It felt like it was short or something....
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I also noticed that it went by quite fast. I attributed it to what I watched before, but I guess that wasn't it...

Spoiler: There are three possible explanations for what the Face of Boe said:
    1. The Master is still alive. This one is a given, I think (despite wishing that he would stay dead...). Hence, the Doctor is not alone because he is not the last Timelord left. It's just that the other one is a prick...
    2. The Doctor's granddaughter (or some other family member) is still alive.
    3. It was a general "you're not alone, dude," type expression, saying that while the Doctor may be the last of the Timelords, he's not alone cause he has friends, even though they're other species. After all, the Face of Boe was the last of his kind, but he always had people around him.

Opinion-based potential spoiler for the rest of the series: Given the way things have gone in the previous two series, #1 is the most likely, and I think it's already quite obvious who this "Mr Saxon," who's going around stirring up ideas about aliens, is going to turn out to be, without having to read any spoilers anywhere (don't mention what they say here, though, at least not in normal spoiler tags - let's leave those for currently screened episode spoilers). Which is a little unfortunate; I would have preferred a bit more subtlety than that.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=Biggles;159020]Which is a little unfortunate; I would have preferred a bit more subtlety than that.[/QUOTE]

Well, i think for people who know a bit about Doctor Who, it's kinda obvious. Spoiler: 2 of the main Villains from the Doctor's past have allready surfaced, so who's turn could it now be.
    Spoiler: And, all the way since New Earth it was rather obvious that Boe's message was going to be this

As for the rest of the episode:
    Spoiler: I really loved the CGI of the city. Those really were excellent, like from a movie or a show with a much bigger budget. Also, the music when the doctor jumps from car to car, or the rendition of the Face of Boe's theme at the end. Magnificent. I [b][i]really[/i][/b] hope they'll release a S3 soundtrack at the end of the year.
    And i really liked David Tennants performance when Boe told him his message. And when he described Gallifrey. And when he confessed to Martha that he misled her about Gallifrey existing.

If Mister Saxon wasn't so firmly rooted in present day earth, i'd say they would find themselves on gallifrey in the last episode. There's still the Gallifreyan Symbols on glasswalls from the Series 3 trailer from The Runnaway Bride that have yet to show up in an episode, and all the talk about gallifrey could be used as a setup too...
    Spoiler: I remember last year after the second series having a discussion with Biggles about who the next enemy they would bring back and The Master was the first on the list (although I doubt we'll see The Doctor vs The Master vs The Daleks vs The Cybermen).

The granddaughter is another possibility and it ties in with something The Doctor said to Rose about being a father once which was never resolved.

Whoever Mr Saxon does turn out to be, we'll probably learn more about the Time War.

And I think I can forgive them for not being subtle because so far the episodes have all been good, unlike series 2 which had some weaker episodes.

Worf
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Spoiler: well I thought that episode was the weakest one I've seen really.. I mean I know that they needed some explanation for Martha but I actually never realized what she did and didn't know since we know so much from Rose
    what's up with all of the episodes in NY? I agree, the city CGI was good and I really liked the whole Doctor jumping inbetween cars kinda thing. The lesbian old ladies were so cute!
    and I totally got goosebumps when the face told him he was not alone... that's potentially uber changing, I totally forgot about the Master so I kinda thought it was either some new thing or a general comment
    but I dunno... there is still this awkwardness between the Doctor and Martha of them... it's weird

wow, I just realized that this thread is basically useless to anyone not current watching :P
    [QUOTE=WORF;159028] Spoiler: And I think I can forgive them for not being subtle because so far the episodes have all been good, unlike series 2 which had some weaker episodes.[/QUOTE]

We've only seen 3 episodes yet, still room for stinkers ;)
    Spoiler: Also, the Daleks and the Cybermen both were reintroduced in episodes long before the season ender, i'm not sure if we'll see Mr. Saxon before Eps 12&13, so less subtelty might be necessary there...
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;159025]
    As for the rest of the episode:
    Spoiler: I really loved the CGI of the city. Those really were excellent, like from a movie or a show with a much bigger budget. Also, the music when the doctor jumps from car to car, or the rendition of the Face of Boe's theme at the end. Magnificent. I [b][i]really[/i][/b] hope they'll release a S3 soundtrack at the end of the year.
    And i really liked David Tennants performance when Boe told him his message. And when he described Gallifrey. And when he confessed to Martha that he misled her about Gallifrey existing.[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: I agree, the CGI was terrific, quite stunning. And the music! I swear the soundtrack gets better with each episode. Murray Gold is freaking awesome! I keep getting Martha's Theme from Smith and Jones stuck in my head, I think it's beautiful.
    Like I've said before, David Tennant is amazing. He's not only completely gorgeous, he's insanely talented. I haven't spotted a single moment where he was anything less than perfect.

[QUOTE=RubberEagle;159025]
    If Mister Saxon wasn't so firmly rooted in present day earth, i'd say they would find themselves on gallifrey in the last episode. There's still the Gallifreyan Symbols on glasswalls from the Series 3 trailer from The Runnaway Bride that have yet to show up in an episode, and all the talk about gallifrey could be used as a setup too...[/QUOTE]

You know, I hadn't thought about that, though Spoiler: the Time War took Gallifrey completely out of all space and time, by my understanding. They can't even visit it's past before the Time War. I didn't notice the symbols though, where were they in the trailer?
    Spoiler: Actually, we might have seen The Doctor's old enemy already ;)

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_monsters_and_aliens#M"]Link[/URL]

Ok, perhaps not, since they're only a minor enemy that only appeared once before. It's good to see them referencing the really old episodes though.

And now for some speculation. If the Master does return then he was somehow able to survive the movie and without a Tardis it explains why he's still on modern day Earth. However he was able to revive himself could potentially be used to restore the timelords...

Unless of course they pretend the movie never happened, in which case nevermind.

Worf
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    LOL I sometimes wish things never happened but ya know...
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;159032]You know, I hadn't thought about that, though Spoiler: the Time War took Gallifrey completely out of all space and time, by my understanding. They can't even visit it's past before the Time War. I didn't notice the symbols though, where were they in the trailer?[/QUOTE]
    Spoiler: it's right after the bit from "The Shakespeare Code" (Shakespeare basking in the audience's aplause, Doctor saying to Martha "What are you waiting for? Come on!", then this is shown, and then there's the face of Boe.

Has there ever been an official explanation what happened to Gallifrey? AFAIK It was a decision by RTD to have him be the last of his kind, and the timewar took place somewhere between the Paul McGann movie and "Rose". If it's "just" ripped from our space/time continuum, it could be possible to get there. if the cybermen/daleks could break into our universe, there should be some way to get to gallifrey.
    Hm... I think i'm starting to think to much about this...

It's much more probable that it's something in Mr. Saxon's home/office/secret hideout/whatever.

edit: whoops... part of the spoilertag was missing...
    If Gallifrey was taken out of time to fight in the war, then it's likely that wherever the war was faught no longer exists in any form, so neither does the planet.
    [QUOTE=WORF;159041]If Gallifrey was taken out of time to fight in the war, then it's likely that wherever the war was faught no longer exists in any form, so neither does the planet.[/QUOTE]

The thing is (again, probably applying too much logic to a tv show): If gallifrey is erased from existence, wouldn't that mean that the doctor himself can't possibly exist? Isn't the only logical explanation that gallifrey is lost somewhere, banished to a different universe or into the void, maybe destroyed [i]now[/i], but for the doctor still existing [i]and[i] still having memories of it, must there not be some kind of connection between gallifrey and the universe?

btw, i love the color-coding we're doing here :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    My understanding of it was that the whole planet, along with all the Timelords, and the same for the Daleks, was removed from this existence and probably all other existences. But that leaves open the possibility of it being in its own existence now, somehow, and thus reachable. Perhaps with a voidship, for example. Or the Tardis screwing up yet again. :)
    [QUOTE=WORF;159033] Spoiler: Actually, we might have seen The Doctor's old enemy already ;)

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_monsters_and_aliens#M"]Link[/URL]

Ok, perhaps not, since they're only a minor enemy that only appeared once before. It's good to see them referencing the really old episodes though.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree, I was pleased. Episode 2: Spoiler: Note also that the Doctor's description of Gallifrey exactly matches the description given by Susan in the Sensorites, First Doctor serial.

[QUOTE=WORF;159033] Spoiler:
    And now for some speculation. If the Master does return then he was somehow able to survive the movie and without a Tardis it explains why he's still on modern day Earth. However he was able to revive himself could potentially be used to restore the timelords...

Unless of course they pretend the movie never happened, in which case nevermind.

Worf[/QUOTE]

See, damnit I still haven't actually seen the TV movie yet so I can't comment on that. I'm trying to watch older stuff first.

[QUOTE=RubberEagle;159035] Spoiler: it's right after the bit from "The Shakespeare Code" (Shakespeare basking in the audience's aplause, Doctor saying to Martha "What are you waiting for? Come on!", then this is shown, and then there's the face of Boe.

Has there ever been an official explanation what happened to Gallifrey? AFAIK It was a decision by RTD to have him be the last of his kind, and the timewar took place somewhere between the Paul McGann movie and "Rose". If it's "just" ripped from our space/time continuum, it could be possible to get there. if the cybermen/daleks could break into our universe, there should be some way to get to gallifrey.

It's much more probable that it's something in Mr. Saxon's home/office/secret hideout/whatever.
    [/QUOTE]

I see it. Whatever it is, I'm really curious now. I hadn't really paid attention to it before. Spoiler: I could remembering wrong about Gallifrey, I'm not even sure where I read it, whether it was Wikipedia or DWM or whatever. It just sticks in my mind has having been read somewhere.

[QUOTE=RubberEagle;159044]The thing is (again, probably applying too much logic to a tv show): If gallifrey is erased from existence, wouldn't that mean that the doctor himself can't possibly exist? Isn't the only logical explanation that gallifrey is lost somewhere, banished to a different universe or into the void, maybe destroyed [i]now[/i], but for the doctor still existing [i]and[i] still having memories of it, must there not be some kind of connection between gallifrey and the universe?[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: That's what I meant, that somehow when it was destroyed it was locked out of history so you can't visit it's past before the destruction. God, I wish I could remember where my brain got this idea from....
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;159035] Spoiler: it's right after the bit from "The Shakespeare Code" (Shakespeare basking in the audience's aplause, Doctor saying to Martha "What are you waiting for? Come on!", then this is shown, and then there's the face of Boe.

[/QUOTE]

I see it. Whatever it is, I'm really curious now. I hadn't really paid attention to it before. Spoiler: I could remembering wrong about Gallifrey, I'm not even sure where I read it, whether it was Wikipedia or DWM or whatever. It just sticks in my mind has having been read somewhere.
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;159044]The thing is (again, probably applying too much logic to a tv show): If gallifrey is erased from existence, wouldn't that mean that the doctor himself can't possibly exist? Isn't the only logical explanation that gallifrey is lost somewhere, banished to a different universe or into the void, maybe destroyed [i]now[/i], but for the doctor still existing [i]and[i] still having memories of it, must there not be some kind of connection between gallifrey and the universe?[/QUOTE]

Spoiler: That's what I meant, that somehow when it was destroyed it was locked out of history so you can't visit it's past before the destruction. God, I wish I could remember where my brain got this idea from....
    Spoiler: The Doctor has indicated he is responsible for destroying both the Daleks and the Timelords, so perhaps the war was fought in some kind of timeless bubble outside of all reality and he caused it to collapse entirely. Gallifrey would have been taken there, most likely as a headquarters for the Time Lords to attack the Daleks from. With the bubble destroyed, the planet no longer exists...anywhere.

Worf
    I found it! Episode 3: Spoiler: The source of my "inside information" on The Face of Boe's words was the wikipedia article on the Time War which describes an article in the Doctor Who Annual 2006 [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_War_(Doctor_Who)#Doctor_Who_Annual_2006"](Link)[/URL] by Russell Davies. In the article, he basically gives away Boe's secret. This is how I knew what he was going to say: "The article ends with a description of a monument to the Time War on a distant planet, upon which, under an image of a lone survivor walking away, the message "You are not alone" has been scratched, perhaps indicating that the Doctor was not the sole survivor of the conflict."
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    It's David Tennant Birthday today!

[url]http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:9716[/url]
    Whee!!! Happy Birthday David!!! I LOVE Ariens, so much energy and youthfulness and insanity, they are just fantastic people. :D

You know, I am really loving the Doctor Who Confidentials too. They reveal lots of fun tidbits about the end of series 3 Spoiler: such as the fact that Boe's message is sort of mixed. Boe's not wrong about the Doctor not being alone but the Doctor's not wrong about being the only Timelord. As David Tennant says, "the truth is somewhere in between." And I thought the use of the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol was particularly fitting. I love that song. :D
    You know, I am really loving the Doctor Who Confidentials too. They reveal lots of fun tidbits Spoiler: such as the fact that Boe's message is sort of mixed. Boe's not wrong about the Doctor not being alone but the Doctor's not wrong about being the only Timelord. As David Tennant says, "the truth is somewhere in between." And I thought the use of the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol was particularly fitting. I love that song. :D
    OMG!! I found something really cool that I think supports my theory! In the Doctor Who Magazine 380 there was an interview with Producers Phil Collinson and Julie Gardner and they, accidentally or on purpose, revealed something related to the end of Series 3:... Spoiler: one of the things I read on Wikipedia in support of the idea that Mister Saxon is the Master was that Saxon is an anagram of Axons, a race that the Master got entangled with in The Claws of Axos. Now, in this interview in DWM, at one point the producers were talking about how hyper and excited Russell Davies gets over his scripts and, as an example, mentioned how he called them and said, "I just used Axon in a script! That has to be good!" and I'm thinking...did they just say what I think they said? Did they just reveal that Wikipedia's theory has merit!? Ok so maybe I'm all excited over something small and insignificant, but you have to admit, there's no way there's a coincidence there!
    Lately people representing the local MP candidates have been knocking on the door to get votes.

I went ahead and created [URL="http://bathtub-productions.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2184"]this[/URL], which I plan to print and put in the window.

If anyone else wants to use it, go ahead :)

Worf
    [QUOTE=WORF;159331]Lately people representing the local MP candidates have been knocking on the door to get votes.

I went ahead and created [URL="http://bathtub-productions.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2184"]this[/URL], which I plan to print and put in the window.

If anyone else wants to use it, go ahead :)

Worf[/QUOTE]

haha nice! Thanks :D