Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Squeeeeeee!!!!

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    No problem :)
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I need to spread this out at the David Tennant forums!

But I'm bummed, no one noticed my special find in the post above yours...
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Or perhaps we didn't read it because we don't want the rest of the series spoiled? :p
    Awww....it's not a confirmed spoiler...just a theory...
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;159345]I need to spread this out at the David Tennant forums!

But I'm bummed, no one noticed my special find in the post above yours...[/QUOTE]

No, i did. (I was just to much occupied with LotR:O to reply)
    I think that was also mentioned in a podcast, or maybe Doctor Who Confidential, or maybe it was quoted on Outpost Gallifrey?
    Spoiler: Of course he could have just meant the Axon that's part of Saxon, though that sounds like a stretch. It's probably more like that the Axons are mentioned in dialogue somewhere, and it was mentioned for a bit of misdirection
    End of Series 3: Spoiler: you think it was only misdirection? I suppose that's possible
    Spoiler: I kinda doubt that they'd just put something like that in an official publication at the beginning of the season, if it's not gonna be with a twist. I am sure it's not a lie, but it could be that, while it's a plot point, it might not signal the return of the Axons. It could be that they visit their planet, or an outpost, but they are extinct because of the time war or their relationship with the master. It could even be that the Monument of the Time War is on Axon
    End of Series 3: Spoiler: that's just it, I DON'T think it's the return of the Axons. The Wikipedia article postulating on the return of the Master mentioned that he was held prisoner by the Axons and speculating the the name Saxon is a reference/hint to that event which is a hint to the Master. Following this theory, the name Axon could have been used in Russell's script to likewise reference this event, say, the Doctor suddenly realizing who Mister Saxon really is by connecting the names in his head and explaining it to Martha.

Also, note about tonight's show. Spoiler: Did anyone else notice that the name of the character Dalek Sec mutates with, Mr Diagoras, is very similar in sound to Davros?
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    ** If everyone wouldn't mind, could we start putting episode specific spoiler tags on our posts? I am up to date for now but just in case I miss an episode I don't want to be spoiled on those specifics while still being able to take part in general speculation discussion- thanks :) **

Episode 4 Spoilers: [SPOILER] I was so stoked to see NYC, it was interesting to see the place I live in on TV! I am downloading Doctor Who confidential right now!

I am a bit confused about the 'piggies' as slaves.. I mean why choose them? But they were in a past episode where they were more gentile creatures weren't they? Sucks that the Daleks sucked the life right out of them.

This is certainly taking the Daleks to an interesting place... I really wonder if this is going to be the end of the Dalek as we know it? I'd hate to see them be permanently transformed into this weird looking thing. I mean they certainly can't be having budget concerns :P[/SPOILER]
    Oops, forgot about that....Episode 4/5 Spoiler: My theory is that the other 3 Daleks will think Sec has gone too far and turn against him destroying his Human/Dalek body and somehow escaping to contintue the Dalek race "properly" elsewhere
    Episode 4: Spoiler: For me, this was the weakest episode thus far. I don't know, something didn't klick, but that might just be because it's the first part of a two parter...
    The Piggies are actually people the daleks mutated to do their physical slave work. Why pig-heads, that know only the daleks (and the production crew).
    I liked my colour coding idea. :)
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Episode 4: [Spoiler] But they had the 'piggies' before! Remember in S1? (I think) they killed one of them off and the doctor was all pissed saying something like "It was just scared!"
    I agree about the weakness and I actually think it's Martha. I don't like her. She was ok in the Shakespeare episode but the tension between the two seems pretty forced... Like they think they should really push it or something when they don't have to. Hmmm...
    [/Spoiler]
    [QUOTE=Biggles;159367]I liked my colour coding idea. :)[/QUOTE]
    so we could use the standard spoiler tag for episode spoilers, and the green for general spoilerific discussion...

[QUOTE=Dax;159369]Episode 4: [Spoiler] But they had the 'piggies' before! Remember in S1? (I think) they killed one of them off and the doctor was all pissed saying something like "It was just scared!"
    I agree about the weakness and I actually think it's Martha. I don't like her. She was ok in the Shakespeare episode but the tension between the two seems pretty forced... Like they think they should really push it or something when they don't have to. Hmmm...
    [/Spoiler][/QUOTE]
    Ep4[Spoiler]The space-pig in "Aliens of London" was a gene-manipulated pig, that could walk on 2 legs, but was only as big as a child. It was created by the slitheen as decoy, the new ones aren't related to it, as they have hands and human bodies.
    Episode 4 Spoiler: I'm not sure what I think about this new human Dalek. I can't help remembering Voyager ruining the Borg. I'm slightly reassured because Daleks are part of British culture now, even people who don't watch Doctor Who know what they are, if they change them into something that's just a guy in a rubber mask, they're going to upset a lot of fans. I think Dax is probably right, we'll find out next week.

Sorry Callista, this is not a reply to your theory since I havn't read it but a thought I had earlier. If The Master is set to return, I figured out how he survived the movie, in which he "died" by being sucked into the Tardis. Rose gave him a chance to escape way back in The Parting of the Ways when she opened up the Tardis again to reach The Doctor. The Master could have escaped, perhaps in the energy that Rose absorbed and was later released by The Doctor in the Christmas Invasion...which was about a year before the Saxon posters started appearing in Torchwood.

Worf
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Rubber Eagle- they look the same! Exactly!

Worf- hmmm....
    No, they don't.
    Worf-Hmm indeed, very interesting theory. We shall have to see who is right...and who is dead....;)
    [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s1_04-05gallery/800/008.jpg"]Space Pig[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s3_04-05gallery/800/42.jpg"]Dalek Pig[/URL]
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    alrighty, my mistake but I bet I am not the only one...
    With a faulty memory? Probably not. ;)
    I don't know if this will work outside the UK, sometimes the BBC restricts content.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/comicmaker/maker.shtml"]Doctor Who Comic Maker[/URL]

Worf
    [QUOTE=Dax;159410]alrighty, my mistake but I bet I am not the only one...[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, it's a bit weird they'd use pigs twice in just 3 years. With 5 years in between, most people would probably have forgotten about the first pig,

[QUOTE=WORF;159692]I don't know if this will work outside the UK, sometimes the BBC restricts content.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/comicmaker/maker.shtml"]Doctor Who Comic Maker[/URL]
    [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is restricted :(
    That's a shame about the comic maker :(

Episode 5: Spoiler: You were right Callista. The second part erased the doubts I had about the first, so I can enjoy the entire story now.

Worf
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Episode 5: Spoiler: “Out of the way, the doctor is in” -lamest line ever!
    Really, I am sorry but this episode was way too over the top for me. This whole Doctor-Martha thing is seriously out of hand too. He doesn't like her, they have only been in a few adventures together nothing terribly romantic (see Chris E.-Doctor and Rose in the snow) it seems so forced. Martha is asking for him and I really don't like her.
    I had a bit of hope that perhaps there would be somewhere to go with these timelord-hybrids- is that what the Head meant when he said that the Doctor was not alone? I thought that the Doctor could sense across space and time? hmmmm..
    Ep5[Spoiler]jup, i enjoyed the second part much more than the first one. Part of me even hoped that the Doctor & Sec succeeded in creating the new daleks. Would have made for interesting story-possibilities, but i think that would have made Doctor Who a very different show.

From the preview of the next ep, i guess we'll see those "gallifreyan walls" i mentioned earlier. Also, i just heard the podcast for episode 3 the other day, and i find it very interesting how DT and RTD were emphasizing how much about gallifrey was "revealed" in the series 3 episodes so far. I'm starting to believe that there's a possibility that they'll (re)visit gallifrey...

btw. Worf, your egg is overdue ;)
    Episode 5 amusement Spoiler: Dalek CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Episode 5 Spoiler: Dax, I agree almost entirely. On top of that, I'm going to add that I feel the characters of both Tallulah and Laszlo (including their entire relationship) was so painfully forced. I had no sympathy for his imminent death, nor did I care for the woman he loved. She was used too often as silly comic relief to be of any concern. And while there was genuine concern for Laszlo's fate, it was ultimately overridden by the plot itself.

I also get fairly annoyed when the writers make the doctor superpowerful. Perhaps that's the way he used to be, but when your lead can do anything at all without repercussions, the sense of drama and importance fades. I can tolerate the fact that the sonic screwdriver can do anything in the world, but when the doctor gets up there and magically infuses timelord DNA into these guys...I just stop caring. It's an easy and painless way out of a complex situation that left me feeling cheated.

Lastly, my hope was that Dalek Sec would live on in his new form as a counterpart to to the remaining dalek(s). His alternative viewpoint and perspective into Dalek nature would have made an interesting recurring character. Killing off the hybrid was silly. Then again, he was a special Dalek thingy and might have been able to survive his apparent execution. It's up to the writers to bullshit their way out :p

Still, it was an enjoyable episode, and I was glad the leader of the NYC Hooverville got his due extermination. He was way too preachy and was basically asking for death. But I was really hoping we'd see more indiscriminate killing ;)

Worf, you thought the same thing I did.
    Episode 5: Spoiler: I'm rather torn on this. I'll agree that there was a lot of cheese in this two-parter, not the best episodes we've had this season. For some reason I'm finding myself wishing it had been Thay and not Caan that survived....no clue why.
    Part of me wishes Sec had survived and part of me is glad they killed him.
    I really enjoyed David's performance throughout, though what is up with the Doctor's death wish all of a sudden? Twice he dead seriously begged them to kill him. What do you think guys?

[QUOTE=RubberEagle;159777]Ep5[Spoiler]jup, i enjoyed the second part much more than the first one. Part of me even hoped that the Doctor & Sec succeeded in creating the new daleks. Would have made for interesting story-possibilities, but i think that would have made Doctor Who a very different show.[/QUOTE]

I agree, would have been interesting, but would have shaken up the status quo far too much.

[QUOTE=RubberEagle;159777]
    From the preview of the next ep, i guess we'll see those "gallifreyan walls" i mentioned earlier. Also, i just heard the podcast for episode 3 the other day, and i find it very interesting how DT and RTD were emphasizing how much about gallifrey was "revealed" in the series 3 episodes so far. I'm starting to believe that there's a possibility that they'll (re)visit gallifrey...[/QUOTE]

I am soooo excited about that!!
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;159781]Worf, you thought the same thing I did.[/QUOTE]

And me. :D

Spoiler: I thought that this pair of episodes, in general, sucked. The more I think about them, the more I dislike them. The resolution was crap (Timelord DNA via lightning, but Dalek DNA via blue fluid?) The whole Doctor/Martha romance thing is way too forced and just feels stupid. They also made Martha out to be even more stupid than Rose sometimes was in many ways. Running across the stage to get to the other side in the middle of a performance? Why not just go around the back?