Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Cheers Worf, I may take advantage of that!

Curz: Yeah I'm waiting for Rome 2, the first one is great. I still love playing it, even if it is a little simplistic compared to some of the newer games. There's just something about seeing the ordered discipline of several legions converging on a city gate to crush all opposition :)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    You can have your legions... I rather have a trusted group of space marines letting their chainsaw swords sing while green blood is spilled on the battlefields. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Heh I know exactly what you're talking about, but my first thought there for some reason was: "he likes killing Vulcans?"

:p
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Ah yes, there's nothing like the feeling of breaking down the gates of a once great, but now charred and ruined metropolis, positioning the view above the gates and watching as my [historically inaccurate] Urban Cohorts march into the city to crush whatever resistance remains. What a great game :p
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Oooh, Rome 2 total war would be awesome.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Biggles;182378]Not the real thing, but they did go through and replace all the textures with nicer ones, used accurately placed (rather than autogen) satellite photography, etc. I don't know the area either, but I can still tell "looks autogenerated" from "looks like it actually belongs there."[/QUOTE]

True, even with the current add-on, many places still look a bit too generic.

I still have a long list of planes to check out. The one I instantly grew fond of is the Russian [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/antarant/2981541728/"]Beriev BE-103[/URL] executive amphibious plane. Now if this isn't a plane to show off to your posh friends with, I don't know which one is. In FSX it even comes with curtains. :D I stand corrected, the Russians do know a thing or two about luxury. ;)
  • I started a Civ 4 game....that was a big mistake...
    I haven't touched Civ 4 yet, it's still in its box. The last time I touched a Civ game was Civ II... and I immediately saw its addictive potential. So I played it for a week and never touched it again. I doubt it's any safer now. :D
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    I managed to get an Ageia PPU card off ebay for 26.00 dollars delivered. I got UT3 and I am testing this sucka out. So far UT3 looks amazing fully maxed.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm playing "Sort the photos!" 7gb down...
  • at the moment i'm enjoying ArmA 2. quite a nice Flashpoint like game that is just so much fun to play in combination with a [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ&"]TrackIR[/URL] :cool::D
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    I'm taking my MMO medicine through Age of Conan again. Now with the latest patch (1.05) it feels like a new game. And DX10 mode, so, so beautiful.
    I just bought Empire Total War off of Steam as it was on offer. Unfortunately I cant get it to run, even after updating drivers and the usual stuff. I also dont seem to be alone in having lots of problems with it, so unfortunately my advice to anyone thinking of getting it at the moment is: DONT
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I downloaded Duke Nukem Forever off of Steam yesterday. So far, its really good. Totally worth the wait. Ewan McGregor does some really awesome voice-acting as Duke.
    I need to search for another new game to play now. I got Mirrors Edge for the 360, but dammit I still prefer playing games on my pc! I'm just fed up of all the games I've got at the moment :p
    I need a new game also. I feel like going on a adventure so some kind of rpg/adventure game would be fun. I've played a bit of GRID and hopefully some supcom multi soon again.
    I just started Rise of the Argonauts on the 360. Not played enough to get a good impression of it yet, but it seems to be ok so far
    Nuthin'... I don't know about you, but I spend more time watching gameplay footage on Youtube than playing the actual games. I can see a business opportunity creeping up on us. You'll have to sign up and pay a monthly fee to watch people play video games. :D

I'm still on the fence about getting [I]Prototype, Ghostbusters[/I] and [I]Fallout 3[/I]. I'm not particularly interested in repetitive errant boy quests. [I]Prototype[/I] is neat, but it sports a lot of lather-rinse-repeat moments.

So many games, so little time. But I still need my fix.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I just bought the Spore expansion. Seems to fix a major issue in that you can create all sorts of fun stuff in the original game but there isn't much use for it. Looking forward to playing it properly once I finish Chronicles of Humanity.

Worf
    [QUOTE=Biggles;177858]Working my way through Fallout 3. Enjoying it immensely.[/QUOTE]

Still not sure if I should get it... even though it delivers a lot. Then there's the question whether I should get the retail or the Steam version? Are the DLC add-ons any good?

There are things I like about the game, others I don't....
    Im just playing my way thru the DLC stuff Stingray. It's a little buggy in places, but its been good fun so far! I'd definitely recommend getting it, tho what with my experiences with Steam being what they are, I'd say get the retail version
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Steam has a 50% price cut on Fallout 3 this weekend. I have so many unfinished games I deceded against. I almost did every scenerio in Sins of the solar empire , took over a year.
    I was going to wait for the Gold Edition, with all expansion packs included, but if Oblivion is any indication, that's not going to happen any time soon.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I've been playing Resident Evil 5 with my brother and having a lot of fun with it. Not only is the gameplay great, but I just love the ridiculous and over the top story.
    I'm debating playing spore again, but I'm engrossed with Fallout 3 again at the moment
    Well, I broke down and ordered the boxed version of Fallout 3, with the add-on pack. I should hold it in my sweaty paws some time next week. :D

I just noticed, I can't stand pure shooters anymore (say Left 4 Dead), it's just too much mind-numbing action. This is also why I'm not sure if I should get Bioshock or not.

Watching Fallout 3 gameplay helped me decide not to get Oblivion, which is so bland in comparison.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I am replaying TIE Fighter.

Worf
    I wish I had something to play. I just played a Supcom skirmish game so I wouldn't forget how push without losing momentum incase an multiplayer games came along soonish.
    Fallout 3 installed, patched and HDD defragged. I think I'm ready to play. :D
    You'll enjoy it. I've played it thru at least 4 times now and I still get a real kick out of it. Actually, my favourite moment in the game is right at the start (so I'm not spoiling anything for you ;)), that first moment when you step outside of the Vault for the first time: as your 'eyes' adjust to the glare and the Capitol Wasteland is revealed in all its desolation and destruction....gives me goosebumps every time :D