Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    lol, I know I have playing the crap out of it the last couple of days.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Warning

"Bad Day in LA Are you prepared?", do not install it do not attempt to play it, you will get a headache. This game is beyond horrable
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    So it really is a bad day in LA then?

I've been playing the hell out of that Onechanbara game. This game is just hilariously over the top.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;181570]Well I bought a copy of that Onechanbara game since it was just so much fun. This game rules.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DarthCaligula;181810]So it really is a bad day in LA then?

I've been playing the hell out of that Onechanbara game. This game is just hilariously over the top.[/QUOTE]

Since you like [I]Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad[/I] so much (it scored a terrible 2.5/10 in [URL="http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/chambarabeautyx/review.html"]Gamespot's review[/URL]) then you might actually like [I]Bad Day in LA[/I] (which scored a 3.0/10 in [URL="http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/baddayla/index.html?tag=result;title;0"]Gamespot's review[/URL]). The game got cancelled for the Xbox so you will have to get it for PC though.

I guess we now know why bad games get made, because there are people like yourself who buy them. ;)
    Hey, Onechanbara isn't bad! It's fun! It's just non-stop zombie and weird mutant thing killing with hot chicks that you can dress! What could be better than that?! And it's even got a horribly stupid plot!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    When I get home I'm looking forward to playing the expansions for fallout 3 :)
    [QUOTE=DarthCaligula;181812]Hey, Onechanbara isn't bad! It's fun! It's just non-stop zombie and weird mutant thing killing with hot chicks that you can dress! What could be better than that?! And it's even got a horribly stupid plot![/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with you, it can't be all bad if you like it. I enjoyed playing [I]Saints Row 2[/I] while it got slammed by others who had all kinds of technical issues with it.
    Yeah, I've played Saints Row 2 and thought it was fun. I really liked how much you could customize your character. I think I mentioned this before and how I made this stupid goth chick.
    Heehee. Onechanbara is just nice mindless fun. Sure I enjoy vastly more sophisticated games like the Metal Gear series, but I still like crazy and mindless arcade style games like Total Carnage and Onechanbara.
  • 4+ player coop on killing floor = fun :cool:
    I bet it is though I have no idea what you are talking about. :D
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Finished both Ouendan games on easy level this weekend.. Now playing them on normal.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Something worth noting about Plants vs. Zombies: It's only $10 on steam!
    I tried out Final Fantasy Tactics again yesterday, getting advice from my brother about how to play it, so I don't totally suck balls at it this time. Now that I actually get what the hell I'm supposed to be doing, it's pretty fun.
    Also playing the original Grand Theft Auto. Fun game, though GTA2 was a major improvement in every way. The game has some really cool music though, even if there's hardly any and there's none of that great DJ chatter and fake ads like the later ones.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The music in the first game was included on the cd in red book audio format (basically a regular audio cd). If you don't have it, you won't hear anything but you can place any audio cd into the drive and it'll play that.

Worf
  • currently playing a lot of call of duty world at war on xbox live. rcmodels99 is my gamer tag, feel free to hit me up.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I dont play anything right now. Im done with my bachelor of arts and science, and currently have a writing abstinence and am gathering material for a forthcoming book on fechtbücher and the techniques gathered within.

I want to do something useless, but I get bored really quick.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Same I rarely watch, T.V. or play vidja games. Though I did just buy homeworld 2 for the B5 mod, I may make some time for that.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    spellforce 2 shadow wars

It could have been a great game , fully maxed on graphics and it looks great, but it crashes all the time with an access violation. After web digging JoWood never patched the problems with the game. Even steams version is buggy. Do not buy or use. Sad really it had promise.

::: UPDATE::::got it to work on XP partition, Had to find a patch at German downloadsite and it works so far. But really JoWood sorta sucks. Game is cool so far.
    As far as I can tell, JoWood is another word for "bottom of the barrel." :D What did you expect?

I'm currently playing [I]Ports of Call[/I], you may remember it from the Amiga days, well it's been updated a few times since on the PC and it's quite playable in its current beta state. As far as I can tell, this one or two man operation is still a work in progress but quite a bit of fun. As far as I know there is no ship simulation quite like it that does it all. The visuals aren't quite where they could be, but the game mechanics grow on you after a while.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    lets see so far these past couple months Ive gone through Bioshock, Vampire: Bloodlines, and returned to vintage Fallout 1 & 2 in preparation for getting Fallout 3.

but other then that I keep falling back to my old standbys, Mech Commander 2, Mech Warrior 4, and Matrix Games electronic crack, War in the Pacific. Although now I'm waiting for the new admirals edition to come out, which will allow me to micro manage world war II in the pacific even better then before!
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    call of duty world at war.
    I've started playing Oblivion again. I made a barbarian chick and am doing a bunch of pit fighting. I'm having a lot more fun with this character.
    Also playing FSX. Took a Maule Orion M-7-260-C Super Rocket on skis from Interlaken around Mont Blanc to Geneva. While the higher resolution elevation maps improve the overall ruggedness of the landscape, the texture effects of the snowy slopes look a little odd. The patterns are either dotted or checkered. I'll have to see how to tweak the visual settings a little more to improve the overall look of the sim without hurting the frame rate too much.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I noticed that, too. I guess getting the Europe scenery pack will fix that. :D
    If you are talking about this [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Terrain-X-Europe-DVD/dp/B000VJC71A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245414605&sr=8-2"]add-on[/URL], I'm not sure it's really worth it. I don't have any illusions that anyone's going to go through the trouble of recreating the real thing. Since I don't know the areas I fly through that well, I doubt I'll notice the difference.

I'll crank up the level of detail on the ground first, as the landscape as it is right now is a bit too barren for my taste.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Prototype is a bit of fun. Still play Supcom multi and Civ4 from time to time.

From what I heard about Supcom2 from E3 this year it sounds like they might be able to screw up some of the elements I really like in supcom. Well, hopefully it will be a good game.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm playing Assassins Creed again. Really looking forward to the sequel.

I'm tempted to get Empire: Total War as the previous games have been good, but I've read mixed things about this instalment. Anyone here played it?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Stingray;182375]If you are talking about this [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Terrain-X-Europe-DVD/dp/B000VJC71A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1245414605&sr=8-2"]add-on[/URL], I'm not sure it's really worth it. I don't have any illusions that anyone's going to go through the trouble of recreating the real thing. Since I don't know the areas I fly through that well, I doubt I'll notice the difference.[/QUOTE]

Not the real thing, but they did go through and replace all the textures with nicer ones, used accurately placed (rather than autogen) satellite photography, etc. I don't know the area either, but I can still tell "looks autogenerated" from "looks like it actually belongs there."
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    If you're looking to get Empire: Total War, the regular and special forces edition of the game are 50% off on Steam this weekend.

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/"]Link[/URL]

Worf
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I bought Empire Total War. I like it a lot, even if it's not my favorite setting. I would've preferred a Rome II Total War, but you take what you can get, I suppose.

The ground combat is solid as usual for the Total War series. The ship combat has been labelled by some as too difficult, but those people probably compare it to guided missile warfare and nuclear powered propulsion. As with anything, you just need to get the hang of it and understand the proper tactics to use. Sea combat is actually my favorite part of the game.

Anyway, if you like the Total War series, and you're interested in the era, you're probably not going to be disappointed. I'm going to keep playing this until I get my Rome 2 :p